By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Slim 360, Natal and 250GB HDD to be bundled for $299

gekkokamen said:
^yeah 'cause Sony won't cut costs but MS will...rolls eyes... also, Sony will launch a BUNDLE AIMED TO CASUALS FOR $350-$400 you say? MAJOR LOL! Look, you don't have to be a genius to know that won't sell. It's childish to think like that really. It makes no sense at all.

I'm glad you agree it won't sell.  I even figured in a $50 price cut for the low end $350 price point of a PS3 Move bundle.  That means even with some decent cost reductions you won't be seeing a $300 PS3 Move bundle.  No chance, I'm afraid, unless Sony wishes to take a huge loss again.

I think you need to pay closer attention. I grow tired of writing out detailed posts explaining the whole situation just to be misread and misinterpretted.  I obviously commented that Sony will cut costs with the RSX shrinking and the weight reduction, but those things will only push it to minor profit.

Around the Network

Wow, this would be hot if it comes true.

Want the Key to Eternal Life?
read about it here:
http://www.cipherwire.net/eternal_life.html

Wii Friend Code: 7592-1692-7773-4859

If this comes true and they make the same in europe, the 360 would bomb this holiday season....but I know it's just pachter....

@nightsurge

dude, you seem to know it all about Xbox Games Division and SCE finances! care to show the official numbers? how do you know this again? really? theorize all you want, you're not talking about facts either, none of us are. But expecting a price cut on one end , and expecting a Move bundle for over $350, ridiculous, won't happen.

well its basicaly a 100% copy of sony's idea so dont realy care

Around the Network

Also you're missing the point talking about PS3 profitability. They could cut the PS3 to $250 this fall and still make , albeit little, profit. Bundle Move for $300 with the console. Yeah they will be losing some money, but that's not as bad as risking not moving anything at all for a higher price. When you're introducing a new peripheral like Move, the first important step is to create a large installed base quickly. Then you can recoup any losses selling the games and EXTRA controllers.

$299 sounds too cheap for all of that. I think there will be a Natal bundle for $299 but the storage will be whatever is cheaper: 16gb USB card or a 60/120 HDD.

gekkokamen said:
@nightsurge

dude, you seem to know it all about Xbox Games Division and SCE finances! care to show the official numbers? how do you know this again? really? theorize all you want, you're not talking about facts either, none of us are. But expecting a price cut on one end , and expecting a Move bundle for over $350, ridiculous, won't happen.

Hmmm... so you are saying that since I use readily available information to back up my arguments they aren't as good as your simple personal beliefs and statements without any such support?  Interesting.  I guess I am expected to bow to your knowledge of the future.

I don't see what being an expert on SCE of Xbox finances has to do with what each console loses/makes.  I know for a fact Sony is still taking a loss and that even with the changes suggested (200 gram reduction and RSX size shrink) would only move them to a small profit.  This is from my general experience in computer hardware and having personally seen the results of die shrinks on costs many times in the past.  This knowledge I would have thought was very common as it has all been on VGChartz at one point or another.  Just because I don't feel the need to spoon feed everything to you doesn't mean you can just count it all off as nothing.  Do your own research.  You are grown up enough, are you not?

A PS3 + Move Bundle right now would cost $399 or more (Move bundle includes PSEye + Wand + Nunchuck + Game, the Move standalone pack is just Wand + PS Eye + game).  I said that if they are able to cut costs they could bring it down to $349 which still might be taking a small loss or just breaking even.  Sure Sony can launch a $300 PS3 Move bundle, but it will put them deap in the red again.

Eh Someone is losing to much Sleep over the PS3....

Anyways, a 360 Slim+Natal+Halo Reach+ all around the same time Would Be Nintendo and Sony Annihilation....IF Sony And Nintendo Did not have plans Of their own and wont Cut Prices.
hehe going to be a awesome year.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

It just goes to show that if you throw enough darts, eventually you might hit your target. What Pachter says sounds entirely plausible. I see no benefit for introducing the slim model by itself and then Natal. It'll appear together as a standard package to drive Natal into the market. $299 is also possible given that we've seen the Arcade edition for 160-180 on sale. Add a 250 GB drive for about $60 OEM price without the added external package for current 360 and about another $70 for the Natal camera and about $30 cost savings by switching to Valhalla you get $300 for the package.