By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Slim 360, Natal and 250GB HDD to be bundled for $299

I guess a 360 slim will be the same 360 with smaller power supply :P

Around the Network

Having been in gamestation yesterday, it looks like retailers are pushing Move way more than Natal. Going to be interesting if this is the case stateside or just US loyalty to US brands.

880user088 said:

Powersuply is outside the xbox...that wont work. MS will actually have to think how to make 360 slimmer.

disolitude said:
880user088 said:

Powersuply is outside the xbox...that wont work. MS will actually have to think how to make 360 slimmer.

It shouldn't actually be that difficult as the chip size is a lot smaller now (less heat). Even one of the PC guys on these forums could come up with a basic and qualitative design that would probably work quite well.

Mazty said:
Having been in gamestation yesterday, it looks like retailers are pushing Move way more than Natal. Going to be interesting if this is the case stateside or just US loyalty to US brands.

Lol what a strong argument you have based on clearly detailed and sound research.  Going to one Gamestation is surely a good representation of everywhere.

All sarcasm aside, I haven't really seen any retailers pushing Move or Natal yet as neither are close to release.  I expect around July they will start pushing the new hardware (after all E3 related showings and announcements).  So far, outside of retail channels and just involving the media, press, news, etc. Natal seems to be garnering a lot more interest and support.  It will be great to see what MS has in store for Natal at the special E3 showing dedicated to it.

@880user088 - that joke wasn't really funny at all.  The 360 power supply on new jasper units is already a lot smaller.  Its about 3"Wx5"Lx3"H when the original was like 4"Wx8"Lx4"H.  That's already a reduction in size by 65%.  The Slims would use much less power though, with smaller die sizes and the combined CPU/GPU, less cooling needed, no more memory card slots, etc. so you could very well see a much smaller power supply than even the jasper units once the Slim 360 launches.

Around the Network
Mazty said:

Nintendo confirmed as US brand? I mean it wins the US market every year.

This is bullshit for a 250 HDD ? Please i dont believe it one bit. The arcade is $200 as it is and the addition of a 250 Gb HDD and Natal.... dreaming.....

So totally not gonna happen. Par for the course for Pachter.

theman88 said:
This is bullshit for a 250 HDD ? Please i dont believe it one bit. The arcade is $200 as it is and the addition of a 250 Gb HDD and Natal.... dreaming.....

I guess you missed the part where there would be huge cost savings by going Slim that would enable this change.  The 250GB HDD would be standard this fall as the normal HDD refresh cycle.  The only added cost involved will be Natal, but with the cost savings from going Slim and combining CPU/GPU to one chip, reducing power requirements, etc. they should be able to easily absorb that $50-80 expense and then some.

theman88 said:

You obviously don't understand cost curves.  By the time that the slim comes out, it is reasonably likely that the 250 GB drive will be CHEAPER for MS than the 120GB drive because of greater availability.  MS could probably make money on a $149 arcarde slim and given Xbox live revenues can easily justify selling below cost to increase install base.