By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Slim 360, Natal and 250GB HDD to be bundled for $299

It's Patcher, so lets not give this much credence. The Wii HD should be out already according to Patcher.

Around the Network

There is nothing unrealistic about this. In fact, taking a look at how LITTLE MS has done to reduce the retail price of the 360 (even at the loss of marketshare) as of late and it makes even more sense, as if this is what they've been waiting for.

Will it be big? Since the price of entry is not changing, it'll all depend on 1) how big public interest in Project Natal is during the holiday season and 2) if there is NEW reason that such a large HDD would be desired.

kowenicki said:
that would be massive... but seems a little bit of a stretch to me.

You don't think the Slim (with all in entails) + any costs they've racked up from skipping a year will easily absorb the cost of Natal?  The 250GB HDD will be the standard as ramses01 said so I don't see anything that would add to the cost other than Natal.

nightsurge said:
gekkokamen said:
nobody ever charges for dreaming, but I wonder if he charges for these predictions? I'd say the $299 bundle is a reality waiting to happen...not sure if the HDD would be 250GB in that one though. A PS3 Move bundle for $299 is also a reality waiting to happen. And a 360 slim? I really don't see it, unless they want to make it look like the "Natal" (or whatever the final name will be) is a whole new console.

A slim is nearly 100% certainty already given the leaks and the building evidence from MS itself.

A PS3 Move bundle for $299 is not even close to the realm of possibility unless Sony wishes to take another $80+ loss per console sold again.  I predict a PS3 Move bundle would be $349 to $399.

With the huge cost savings MS has racked up and with the cost savings from the Slim, the combined CPU/GPU, etc. they should easily be able to bundle in Natal with a Slim 360 and 250GB HDD at $299.  In fact, since Natal is rumored to be around $50-80 there may be room to release the bundle at $249 rather than $299.

I expect either is likely.  MS may release a $299 bundle first, with a $199 Arcade + Natal bundle and then if momentum hasn't shifted quite enough for them they will cut down to $149/249 just in time for the holiday huge rush.

realm of posiiblity?................lol

Sony is barely making a loss of the PS3 which they said will be easily made up by software sales.Eye and Move are supposed to cost $60-70

Also Sony is to bring 45nm RSX to the PS3,that is why there are shortages of PS3 as they are trying to bring the new PS3 models(the rumored 3.0kg models replacing 3.2KG ones) that can make profit and that would make significant price cuts like we saw with the 45nm CELL implementation in PS3 SLIM which reduced costs by around $100-150.

also Toshiba is said to be working on 32nm CELL.another price cut.This will give Sony the power to cut price of the PS3 significantly

the only thing I got in this is that patcher is now reliable all of a sudden.......

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
nightsurge said:
gekkokamen said:
nobody ever charges for dreaming, but I wonder if he charges for these predictions? I'd say the $299 bundle is a reality waiting to happen...not sure if the HDD would be 250GB in that one though. A PS3 Move bundle for $299 is also a reality waiting to happen. And a 360 slim? I really don't see it, unless they want to make it look like the "Natal" (or whatever the final name will be) is a whole new console.

A slim is nearly 100% certainty already given the leaks and the building evidence from MS itself.

A PS3 Move bundle for $299 is not even close to the realm of possibility unless Sony wishes to take another $80+ loss per console sold again.  I predict a PS3 Move bundle would be $349 to $399.

With the huge cost savings MS has racked up and with the cost savings from the Slim, the combined CPU/GPU, etc. they should easily be able to bundle in Natal with a Slim 360 and 250GB HDD at $299.  In fact, since Natal is rumored to be around $50-80 there may be room to release the bundle at $249 rather than $299.

I expect either is likely.  MS may release a $299 bundle first, with a $199 Arcade + Natal bundle and then if momentum hasn't shifted quite enough for them they will cut down to $149/249 just in time for the holiday huge rush.

Sony is barely making a loss of the PS3 which they said will be easily made up by software sales.Eye and Move are supposed to cost $60-70

Also Sony is to bring 45nm RSX to the PS3,that is why there are shortages of PS3 as they are trying to bring the new PS3 models(the rumored 3.0kg models replacing 3.2KG ones) that can make profit and that would make significant price cuts like we saw with the 45nm CELL implementation in PS3 SLIM which reduced costs by around $100-150.

also Toshiba is said to be working on 32nm CELL.another price cut.This will give Sony the power to cut price of the PS3 significantly

I'm sorry but you are greatly getting things incorrect.  The Eye + Move Wand + Game bundle (without nunchuck) is supposed to cost "below $100" which in marketing means $99.  The bundle they should want to include with the PS3 will be the complete Eye + Wand + Nuncuck + Game bundle so that at the very least would cost them $100 if not more (if the move bundle pack is actually $60-70 then the PS3 Move bundle with nunchuck added would be $100 added cost.  If the move bundle pack is close to $100 like I estimate, then the bunle would add more than $100 cost to the PS3).

You also greatly overestimate the cost savings of die shrinks.  While they do save costs, just one shrink does not mean $100-150 in savings.  The Slim was able to reduce costs by the overall weight reduction.  They shrank the cell, removed a lot of unneeded internal casing and cooling, changed materials, shrank the PSU, etc.  All that combined for about $100 in savings.

Shrinking the RSX now and removing some small amount of weight will allow them to break even or make a minor profit.  Do you really think they want to take another $60-100 loss per console sold?

^yeah 'cause Sony won't cut costs but MS will...rolls eyes... also, Sony will launch a BUNDLE AIMED TO CASUALS FOR $350-$400 you say? MAJOR LOL! Look, you don't have to be a genius to know that won't sell. It's childish to think like that really. It makes no sense at all.

nightsurge said:
Mazty said:
Having been in gamestation yesterday, it looks like retailers are pushing Move way more than Natal. Going to be interesting if this is the case stateside or just US loyalty to US brands.

Lol what a strong argument you have based on clearly detailed and sound research.  Going to one Gamestation is surely a good representation of everywhere.

All sarcasm aside, I haven't really seen any retailers pushing Move or Natal yet as neither are close to release.  I expect around July they will start pushing the new hardware (after all E3 related showings and announcements).  So far, outside of retail channels and just involving the media, press, news, etc. Natal seems to be garnering a lot more interest and support.  It will be great to see what MS has in store for Natal at the special E3 showing dedicated to it.

Congratulations on being a dick.

Fact is the marketting in gamestation is far more weighted to Move than Natal, and I hardly think that's the store preference, but more likely the chains.

Plus Natal is gaining far more criticism....Not sure what you are reading but there was the leaked list of dev issues know for Natal, not to mention latency complaints and so on.
As far as marketting is concerned, which is going to seem more appealing - the eyetoy, or the eyetoy with the wiimote? Think about it.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
nightsurge said:
gekkokamen said:

they are loosing more then you think. i thinkt he last report was that they were loosing $18 on every console shipped. but for every console sold to the consumer they are loosing like $50 dollars. you have to acount for the money the retailer gets for every console sold wich is $30 or more.

anyway if "sony is barely making a loss of the PS3 which they said will be easily made up by software" was true they would have made a profit by now.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Mazty said:
nightsurge said:
Mazty said:
Having been in gamestation yesterday, it looks like retailers are pushing Move way more than Natal. Going to be interesting if this is the case stateside or just US loyalty to US brands.

Lol what a strong argument you have based on clearly detailed and sound research.  Going to one Gamestation is surely a good representation of everywhere.

All sarcasm aside, I haven't really seen any retailers pushing Move or Natal yet as neither are close to release.  I expect around July they will start pushing the new hardware (after all E3 related showings and announcements).  So far, outside of retail channels and just involving the media, press, news, etc. Natal seems to be garnering a lot more interest and support.  It will be great to see what MS has in store for Natal at the special E3 showing dedicated to it.

Congratulations on being a dick.

Fact is the marketting in gamestation is far more weighted to Move than Natal, and I hardly think that's the store preference, but more likely the chains.

Plus Natal is gaining far more criticism....Not sure what you are reading but there was the leaked list of dev issues know for Natal, not to mention latency complaints and so on.
As far as marketting is concerned, which is going to seem more appealing - the eyetoy, or the eyetoy with the wiimote? Think about it.

Hmm lets see.  You mean that French blog post of past worries about Natal that were never confirmed?  I think I trust the dozens of news stories that have come out since then about the finished Natal product.  The ones claiming perfect body mirroring, no lag issues, etc.

As for your last thing, obviously an Eyetoy with Wiimote would be better than just an EyeToy.  But Natal would be better than both of those.  The EyeToy can only track 2D color changes and what not.  Adding the "wiimote" as you call it (otherwise known as PS Move), lets you track 2 points in 3D space, but direct view of the wands must be available and decent lighting is recommended.  This does have some drawbacks.  For example, if you watch the PS Move commercial showing off the fighting game, the elbows tend to get confused and not match up with the persons movements because nothing other than the 2 hands are tracked.  With Natal the full body would be tracked and mirrored.  Natal can track up to 48 points per person in 3D space and mimic even complex human movements like break dancing.  Add in that Natal can work in complete darkness and I think it is clear which is more appealing and more advanced.  Natal.