By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Slim 360, Natal and 250GB HDD to be bundled for $299

nightsurge said:
Mazty said:
nightsurge said:

Hmm lets see.  You mean that French blog post of past worries about Natal that were never confirmed?  I think I trust the dozens of news stories that have come out since then about the finished Natal product.  The ones claiming perfect body mirroring, no lag issues, etc.

As for your last thing, obviously an Eyetoy with Wiimote would be better than just an EyeToy.  But Natal would be better than both of those.  The EyeToy can only track 2D color changes and what not.  Adding the "wiimote" as you call it (otherwise known as PS Move), lets you track 2 points in 3D space, but direct view of the wands must be available and decent lighting is recommended.  This does have some drawbacks.  For example, if you watch the PS Move commercial showing off the fighting game, the elbows tend to get confused and not match up with the persons movements because nothing other than the 2 hands are tracked.  With Natal the full body would be tracked and mirrored.  Natal can track up to 48 points per person in 3D space and mimic even complex human movements like break dancing.  Add in that Natal can work in complete darkness and I think it is clear which is more appealing and more advanced.  Natal.

Not confimered doesn't mean instantly its wrong. Unless there is good reason to distrust the site, there is no reason to dismiss what it wrote.
Links to the articles saying how good Natal is?

See my above post with links in it.

Plus I was explaining Natal and Move through how the non educated buyer and retailers will view it. Either get a movement kit with just a camera, or one with a camera and control. Not to mention Natal is similar to Eyetoy in the sense of no button control.
Also Move doesn't need LoS - look back at the E3 demo. Also at a recent tech demo, the technician (same guy at E3) mentioned how it uses the accelerometer to figure out its location in real time space when its out of the view of the eyetoy.

That is true.  My main concern is like with the fighting game.  The characters body on screen didn't match the person's movements, just the hand placement.  There was a very noticeable glitchiness where the elbow kept wanting to hit the person's head before the hand got there

Also if Natal is so awesome, why did Sony pass up on it & choose Move? Let's not forget which won out of bluray and HD-DVD....

They decided they'd rather copy the proven formula of the Wii than try to do something risky and new I guess.  I don't see how that last part even has any relevance to this conversation.  Unless you mean to show me how the inferior product can win based on dev support?  HD-DVD was better in nearly every imagineable way over blu-ray.  Costs of players and discs, their read speeds, capabilities, etc.

Erm you gave no links =S

The games are all in alpha stage, so glitches are to be expected.

Move isn't copying the wii, it's taking it a stage further. As shown by the video where the technicain covers the sphere, the wii is not able to locate the controller in real-time space, hence wii motions, not actual tracking.
My point about bluray is how Sony were approached by the guys who made the Natal tech and how Sony chose to go with Move instead. And HD-DVD is worse than bluray in everyway. It's slower M/Bits, smaller space and so on....Think you need to re-educate yourself on that front.

Around the Network

If this is true I will buy this bundle and sell my older 360, Im not a fan of natal but my girl seems to be interested

intresting, im not interested in Natal but il probs pick up a X360 slim, the only reason i havent is because i was worried about rrod but this will probs fix it

rrod hasnt been an issue for a very long time for new 360s. If your using that as an excuse then you are looking for an excuse not to purchase a 360.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Hell yea! i might buy one..

It would be absolutely incredible to have a ps3 AND 360, getting the best of both worlds.

I also want a Wii exteremly badly tho.. Someday im gonna have them all.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???