By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Slim 360, Natal and 250GB HDD to be bundled for $299

Mr. sickVisionz said:
You gotta love the internet. You come in expecting a thread about Natal but the last few pages are a bunch of quotes about the tech specs of HD-DVD. How on Earth did it come to this?

Ha ha yeah right.  The derailing is incredible.  Btw, I agree with Squilliam's cost analysis and Pachter's estimate.  I am calling a Sept 360 price cut followed with a November launch for the Slim (or 360+ [according to last year's rumor]) at $250 with Natal bundled. Elite will be cut to $300, Natal separate, 250 GB HDD standard.

Almost forgot, Arcade will likely be phased out for the Slim.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
Having been in gamestation yesterday, it looks like retailers are pushing Move way more than Natal. Going to be interesting if this is the case stateside or just US loyalty to US brands.

Hmm. I guess you havent spoken to the GameStation guys then. The reason why they have Move on the mind is Natal is saved for E3. I was told by my local Game manager ( who I know personally ) that M$ are looking at doing huge rigs instore for Natal on release where a M$ person will be in select Game stores across UK to have kids and families try it out. They may also be doing an erect stage in each City. Centre of town for the release week. Where a M$ employee shows it off with different games. And gets people from the crowd up to see and try it.

M$ really are treating this like a new console.

selnor said:
Mazty said:
Having been in gamestation yesterday, it looks like retailers are pushing Move way more than Natal. Going to be interesting if this is the case stateside or just US loyalty to US brands.

Hmm. I guess you havent spoken to the GameStation guys then. The reason why they have Move on the mind is Natal is saved for E3. I was told by my local Game manager ( who I know personally ) that M$ are looking at doing huge rigs instore for Natal on release where a M$ person will be in select Game stores across UK to have kids and families try it out. They may also be doing an erect stage in each City. Centre of town for the release week. Where a M$ employee shows it off with different games. And gets people from the crowd up to see and try it.

That's kinda insane, but considerring the money they put into Halo 3 advertising not unexpected. Wonder what they'll be doing in London?

Scoobes said:
selnor said:
Mazty said:

That's kinda insane, but considerring the money they put into Halo 3 advertising not unexpected. Wonder what they'll be doing in London?

Yeah right. I imagine a Red carpet affiar knowing M$ LOL.

Wonder what US will be like if M$ Europe are treating it like this?

I imagine only Cities in the top 25 in UK will get this treatment surely. Even M$ dont have that much money. LOL.

I guess M$ knows they need to catch the casual Wii crowd eye. If they can get across the message it's an upgrade to their Wii at home, more user friendly because of no controller, and even better fun with friends they stand a real chance.

Maybe M$ will be hiring for the months upcoming to Natal. Lets see if we see advertising/marketing jobs going in UK for M$. I'll apply. LOL.

selnor said:
Scoobes said:
selnor said:
Mazty said:

Yeah right. I imagine a Red carpet affiar knowing M$ LOL.

Wonder what US will be like if M$ Europe are treating it like this?

I imagine only Cities in the top 25 in UK will get this treatment surely. Even M$ dont have that much money. LOL.

I guess M$ knows they need to catch the casual Wii crowd eye. If they can get across the message it's an upgrade to their Wii at home, more user friendly because of no controller, and even better fun with friends they stand a real chance.

Maybe M$ will be hiring for the months upcoming to Natal. Lets see if we see advertising/marketing jobs going in UK for M$. I'll apply. LOL.

If you see any let me know! Sounds fun and I need the money!

Around the Network

Ok so then how much is Natal gonna be priced for?

$349 for X360 Slim, 250 G and Natal sounds more reasonable than $299 IMO.

M$ isn't the hardware expert... they specialize in software.
I would be cool if they released a Slim Version though.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Cross-X said:
Ok so then how much is Natal gonna be priced for?

$349 for X360 Slim, 250 G and Natal sounds more reasonable than $299 IMO.

I think $349 is really unlikely.  It is between $249, $279, or $299 in order of increasing probability.

the analysis by pacther seems right. The high end model for $299 seems right and fits in to what many believe will be the $199 low end model Natal package (slim no HDD + Natal).

At least I gt most of my prediction right. ;)

Slim + Natal at the same release time. Together.

I was wrong on the whole USB only and no HDD thing though. LOL.