By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm very much enjoying Pokémon SoulSilver.

I don't have it, I have Heartgold instead, but I assume they are both as good as each other, apart from a few pokmon that differ.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

To OP:

I am enjoying hearth gold very much as well. But sorry, it is not really that superior to D and pearl. In fact it pobably 100% subjective cause I don't think D/P were any less good on the gameplay side. You are probably either nostalgic or you did not played the original. If it were to be the second case I could absolutly not explain why you love one and hate the other...

You could argue that gold and sivler were better games that diamond and perle for their time and you would be probably right. But if you only compare the remakes to diamond and pearl, I don't think their is much more a quality difference between these two.

SoulSilver kicks ass. Easily the best Pokemon game yet.

Though I wish they didn't have Red's pokemon levels be ridiculously above yours by the time you can face him. Or at least have given me a way to reach those levels without spending an eternity grinding just outside Mt. Silver.

with the vs seeker HGSS would have been infinitely better.

Mr. Fister said:
SoulSilver kicks ass. Easily the best Pokemon game yet.

Though I wish they didn't have Red's pokemon levels be ridiculously above yours by the time you can face him. Or at least have given me a way to reach those levels without spending an eternity grinding just outside Mt. Silver.

but he is meant to be a challenge  it would be boring for him to just be some guy slightly better than the E4, if anything he should be mpre powerful LVL99 FTW

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

i will be getting the game tomorrow, but i have a doubt, this game is a remake of the red/yellow, blue version?

No, it's a remake of the gold/silver versions.

Just beat Red! ^_^

I never was able to do it in the original Silver/Gold, so this is quite an accomplishment for me. My team is awesome! *hugs my team*

travis said:
To OP:

I am enjoying hearth gold very much as well. But sorry, it is not really that superior to D and pearl. In fact it pobably 100% subjective cause I don't think D/P were any less good on the gameplay side. You are probably either nostalgic or you did not played the original. If it were to be the second case I could absolutly not explain why you love one and hate the other...

You could argue that gold and sivler were better games that diamond and perle for their time and you would be probably right. But if you only compare the remakes to diamond and pearl, I don't think their is much more a quality difference between these two.

I did play the original, and no, I am not nostalgic. People need to stop playing the goddamned nostalgia card, seriously. Try being open to the fact that I have a different opinion from you. I just don't think Diamond and Pearl were much fun, if any at all, while I do think that HGSS are loads of fun.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
travis said:
To OP:

I did play the original, and no, I am not nostalgic. People need to stop playing the goddamned nostalgia card, seriously. Try being open to the fact that I have a different opinion from you. I just don't think Diamond and Pearl were much fun, if any at all, while I do think that HGSS are loads of fun.