By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm very much enjoying Pokémon SoulSilver.

zarx said:
Mr. Fister said:
SoulSilver kicks ass. Easily the best Pokemon game yet.

Though I wish they didn't have Red's pokemon levels be ridiculously above yours by the time you can face him. Or at least have given me a way to reach those levels without spending an eternity grinding just outside Mt. Silver.

but he is meant to be a challenge  it would be boring for him to just be some guy slightly better than the E4, if anything he should be mpre powerful LVL99 FTW

I know that he's supposed to be powerful (He has been training for over 3 years, so it'd be silly of him not to), but I just don't like how the game gives you almost no other way to get up to his level aside from just fighting the same level 40-something Pokemon over and over again. Definitely not fun.

Around the Network

I always grinded Pokemon league rather than wild pokemons, since they give you about twice the exp.

And Red was lame, although his levels were like 70 and 80 (83, was it?), I beat him with lower level, without even using items.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Son1x said:
I always grinded Pokemon league rather than wild pokemons, since they give you about twice the exp.

And Red was lame, although his levels were like 70 and 80 (83, was it?), I beat him with lower level, without even using items.

That's what I'm currently grinding for right now: To take on the improved Elite 4.

And one of my friends imported his toughest Pokemon from other games (one of them being level 100) and still had trouble taking on Red, so I'm not taking any chances.