By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm very much enjoying Pokémon SoulSilver.

Much moreso than I ever enjoyed Diamond/Pearl. I've pretty much been brought back in to Pokémon, a series I thought I had almost fallen out of. Gold and Silver are the most awesome Pokémon games ever to begin with, and then with all the added extras it just becomes all the more incredible. I love it. So this is pretty much a thread of appreciation for these new awesome games.

Around the Network

I enjoy Soulsilver myself

What was wrong with D/P/Pt? O_O

Join the club

I'm enjoying Soul Silver a lot myself too, but I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Platinum. Pokethlon is quickly becoming my favourite contest of all time in any pokemon game xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I want soul silver so badly, but I can't trust myself anymore lol. Had an original DS and sold it, then gota lite 2 years later and sold it. I dare not do that again.

Pokemon ftw though =(

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:

Just wasn't very fun.

Also, in my opinion, hardly any Gen 3 or 4 Pokémon are interesting in the slightest. They're a massive step down from Gen 1 and 2.

I would classify Heart Gold/Soul Silver as the highlight of Pokemon history.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
routsounmanman said:

Just wasn't very fun.

Also, in my opinion, hardly any Gen 3 or 4 Pokémon are interesting in the slightest. They're a massive step down from Gen 1 and 2.

Gen 1 & 2 were plain broken; gen 3 and 4 took the games' core and made it much more interesting and compelling. STAB, Physical/Special Split, Abilities and many more. About the 'mons themselves,  I think you let nostalgia cloud your judgement a bit. Seriously. Many gen 1 & 2 Pokemon are trash; Jynx? Exeggutor? Unknown? Parasect? Hypno? Foretress?

The only gen's Pokemon I didn't care for were 4th ones. Too many legendaries (crappy ones, too) and too many old evolutions. Don't get me started on Pokemon like Burmy :-/

routsounmanman said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
routsounmanman said:

Just wasn't very fun.

Gen 1 & 2 were plain broken; gen 3 and 4 took the games' core and made it much more interesting and compelling. STAB, Physical/Special Split, Abilities and many more. About the 'mons themselves,  I think you let nostalgia cloud your judgement a bit. Seriously. Many gen 1 & 2 Pokemon are trash; Jynx? Exeggutor? Unknown? Parasect? Hypno? Foretress?

The only gen's Pokemon I didn't care for were 4th ones. Too many legendaries (crappy ones, too) and too many old evolutions. Don't get me started on Pokemon like Burmy :-/

People like to pull the nostalgia card, but no. To start off, I didn't say every Pokémon from Gen 1 and 2 was fantastic so your argument is flawed right off the bat. If you wanted to contradict me you should've listed Pokémon from gen 3 and 4 that were interesting, because that would actually stand against something I said.

Moving on, the only Pokémon I have an issue with from your examples is Jynx, and possibly, maybe, Exeggutor.

Yep, SoulSilver (and HeartGold) are awesome games for sure. Definitely loving it so far... it's kind of sad though, all I have left is to defeat Red (training with the Gym Leaders/Elite Four right now) and that's pretty much it. ;_;

As far as Pokemon goes, most of my team is made up of Gen IV evolutions from Gen I/II Pokemon (I have Magmortar, Electivire, Weavile, and Gliscor on my team. There's also Scizor and Feraligatr).

Now I'm pumped for Black/White. Pokemon is one heckuva drug.