By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 overtake the 360 before the end of 2010?

Will the PS3 overtake the 360 before the end of 2010?

Yes it will!!! 90 14.15%

No it will not!!! 268 42.14%

Maybe. But more likely in 2011. 244 38.36%

Candy!!! 33 5.19%

Total:635
richardhutnik said:
Due to it being a slower selling time, the rate the separation is closing has slowed down. There would have to be some sort of huge PS3 outselling over the holidays, Microsoft's big titles not clicking, and also Microsoft not doing anything else, including slashing prices. MAYBE by the end of 2011, but not until then. If one remembers, in the past the gap between PS3 and 360 got down to around 3 million, then widened again to nearly 10 million. 6 million was what was out there, I believe, when the PS3 was released.

Anyhow, I guess it is good to focus on this question, because the chance of catching the Wii is about slim and none. Slim is about to leave town also.

LOL? no it didn't.....

Around the Network

Nope, it has until the September 2010 360 price cut, and then the 360 will start outselling it again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, it won't. Probably in 2011, but 2010 is just impossible.

It won't happen...probably. If it does, it'll be right at the end of 2010 with Christmas sales. Personally I see it overtaking 360 summer 2011 after the Natal boost wears off.

Around the Network

To be honest I'm not bothered. As long as they keep producing amazing games and consoles for years to come I'm happy. If it does happen, I'd say 2011.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

isnt this the same guy who predicted that the ps3 was going to sell 1 million units in a span of 2 weeks. i think the first week GOW3 was coming out and FF13 the next week. anyway it did like 475k over those 2 weeks. isnt he also the guy who said ps3 would never drop below 200k a week. i can admit that im a little biased towards the 360, but this guy is blinded by his fanboyism. i mean come on he said the 360 will never outsell the ps3 for a single week. whats going to happen when the 360 slim launches or the 360 pricecut. its going to be on top of the ps3 for months.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Herbie95 said:
To be honest I'm not bothered. As long as they keep producing amazing games and consoles for years to come I'm happy. If it does happen, I'd say 2011.

Nice post Herbie, do you remember people use to say taht Xbox 360 would sell 25 to 30 mil on it's lifetime? hahhahhahah

Maybe in 2011 if the current sales keep up. I for one still believe that Natal is not going to be a big impact.

It could be close

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)