By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 overtake the 360 before the end of 2010?

Will the PS3 overtake the 360 before the end of 2010?

Yes it will!!! 90 14.15%

No it will not!!! 268 42.14%

Maybe. But more likely in 2011. 244 38.36%

Candy!!! 33 5.19%

Total:635

the 360 will outsell the ps3 during the holiday. PS3 will pass 360 by 2012 when microsoft makes their next console. Thats my prediction. Halo: Reach will be a bigger system seller then any ps3 titles that are coming out this year other then GT5.

Around the Network

I doubt because of Natal,but, if Natal has problems or really weak software than the PSMove can probably help the PS3 surpass the 360.

enrageorange said:
the 360 will outsell the ps3 during the holiday. PS3 will pass 360 by 2012 when microsoft makes their next console. Thats my prediction. Halo: Reach will be a bigger system seller then any ps3 titles that are coming out this year other then GT5.

it also really depends on the halo reach beta. IMO Halo reach might take the MW2 approach. Helo reach might make it a lot more easier for the casual players.(Jet packs, class system, etc) Im not sure about halo reach yet. But the beta will give a good impression about the games.

maybe it will, but it all depends on two things
1. halo reach not being a console seller
2. natal not taking off with the new x360 slim bundle rumored
to be honest I think PS3 can do it, but it is more likely to do it in 2011

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Seece said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
people forget that the ps3 was released one year after the 360. the 360's lead was like 7 million hen the ps3 released right? Anyways imo opinion the ps3 already passed the 360 if you take off that 1 year boost the 360 had

lol, I laugh so much when I hear stuff like this .. yes. The PS3 is ahead

Imagination can be so powerful...

let me try :

imo i am already a millionnaire. The laptop i have would be worth millions in the 1970's.

Around the Network

Im not good at predictions but if it does happen I say in mid to late 2011.

I don't even know if the PS3 will overtake the 360 in 2011.

Maybe early 2012.

Lots of speculations here but only 1 thing is for sure IF the ps3 does overtake 360 you can damn well guarantee that the 360 squad will hang them selves.

no not by the end of 2010, however, I do think the gap will close considerably by the end of this year

depending on how natal is received (and to some extent Move) it might take a while - if natal is received well 360 will prob stay ahead, but imo natal will not be a huge seller and sony will eventually take over or end up about even by the time new consoles are released

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Due to it being a slower selling time, the rate the separation is closing has slowed down. There would have to be some sort of huge PS3 outselling over the holidays, Microsoft's big titles not clicking, and also Microsoft not doing anything else, including slashing prices. MAYBE by the end of 2011, but not until then. If one remembers, in the past the gap between PS3 and 360 got down to around 3 million, then widened again to nearly 10 million. 6 million was what was out there, I believe, when the PS3 was released.

Anyhow, I guess it is good to focus on this question, because the chance of catching the Wii is about slim and none. Slim is about to leave town also.