By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple thinks they are competing with DS/PSP, launches Game Center

darthdevidem01 said:
@a12331

&

@dharh

thanks both!

BTW is it advisable to get an iphone 3GS or iphone 3G?

3GS.. better camera, videocamera, more memory, faster 3g (if your mobile internet account has it) with iphone os 4.0 multitasking.. and the games run better on it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I am shocked they didn't announce an "iphone 4g" I guess 2011 will be when they do..

my dad is bragging on me, and wanting to get a 3gs for me, and Im waiting for the announcement of a new iphone..

There is no way they would launch it right next to the iPad.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

well they released the new nano along side the 3gs didn't they

mM
leo-j said:

A new Nano is not a huge deal like the iPad.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

leo-j said:

The 4G will be announced just before its release in June 2010, the 4G touch will be on sale by September 2010, this is the same dates as previous iphon's/touch release dates.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@a12331

&

@dharh

thanks both!

3GS.. better camera, videocamera, more memory, faster 3g (if your mobile internet account has it) with iphone os 4.0 multitasking.. and the games run better on it..

so I need to buy a mobile internet connection too? or will my wireless internet at home suffice?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

xxmob said:
psp and ds dont think the iphone is competition even though it holds 10 percent of the hand held gaming market hmm i accurately play games on my iphone pretty often so it would be nice to have something like this

Evidence?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I suspect that its more of a competitor for the PSP. They both rely on third party software, they both are too big to fit into your pocket anyway so size comparisons aren't as dis-favourable as between the DSi and iPad.

Tease.

darthdevidem01 said:
NiKKoM said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@a12331

&

@dharh

thanks both!

so I need to buy a mobile internet connection too? or will my wireless internet at home suffice?

Most of the time it's included with your contract.. I pay like 10 euro's to have unlimted use of the internet on my iPhone.. the phone works fine without one but the fun starts with one.. think about it.. you can surf to this site while riding the bus!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Apple needs to either release a real gaming system or GTFO of the gaming world, thats how i feel.

they obviously have no gamers working at apple to tell them how to do it properly, they are obviously not concerned about quality or value, they only want a quick buck from casual gamers.