By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple thinks they are competing with DS/PSP, launches Game Center

RageBot said:
Okay. will you call someone who plays Soliatre (is that how you write it?) for one hour every month a gamer, or not?

Sure, why not? I wouldn't use it as an identifier, because it would be a redundant one, but yes, if you game you're a gamer.

You know that many pen and paper RPGer's or Table top wargamers wouldn't call people who play video games a "real gamer"? Because they're not part of that "gamer culture". You're doing the exact same thing just with video games.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
but would this OS 4 work on current iphone

I'm buying an iphone soon I might delay buying it till this new thing is out

or will it work with current iphones too?

it will work with all iphones, but you have to pay like 10 usd for it. (or you can search the interwebs for the update)

They even have achievements? Lulz.

darthdevidem01 said:
but would this OS 4 work on current iphone

I'm buying an iphone soon I might delay buying it till this new thing is out

or will it work with current iphones too?

Yes and no.
They're releasing it for iPhone 3gs and iPod touch 3rd gen this summer - those devices will do everything
iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen will not get multitasking, but can still be upgraded.

Yes.

iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3rd can be upgraded to iPhone OS 4 and will get all these new features.

iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen will not get multitasking, but can still be upgraded.

Looks like anything prior to that wont get upgradable?

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I could actually see this really increasing the sales of games. One person could be playing a game, another person sees them online and messages if they are having fun. Person says yes, bingo a minute later both of them are playing the game. Now multiply that effect through the millions of iPhone owners.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Grimes said:

I could actually see this really increasing the sales of games. One person could be playing a game, another person sees them online and messages if they are having fun. Person says yes, bingo a minute later both of them are playing the game. Now multiply that effect through the millions of iPhone owners.

Yep.  This is actually quite a big deal.

Grimes said:

This is kinda how steam/xbox live works. Though on a smaller scale, given the pricing of games on those platforms. $9.99 games are close to insta purchase.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

@a12331

&

@dharh

thanks both!

BTW is it advisable to get an iphone 3GS or iphone 3G?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Demotruk said:
RageBot said:
Okay. will you call someone who plays Soliatre (is that how you write it?) for one hour every month a gamer, or not?

Sure, why not? I wouldn't use it as an identifier, because it would be a redundant one, but yes, if you game you're a gamer.

You know that many pen and paper RPGer's or Table top wargamers wouldn't call people who play video games a "real gamer"? Because they're not part of that "gamer culture". You're doing the exact same thing just with video games.

Okay, than that's how you define "gamer", not how most of us, thanks for clearing that up!

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

I am shocked they didn't announce an "iphone 4g" I guess 2011 will be when they do..

my dad is bragging on me, and wanting to get a 3gs for me, and Im waiting for the announcement of a new iphone..

mM