By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit in Japan - Hit or Miss?

Neos said:
it will do the same to the wii as brain training/nintendogs did to the DS.

i hope so,because wii will then be truly unstoppable

Around the Network

Miss, in the sense that it will not be close to...was it Famitsu editors(?) that were predicting 2-2,5 million this year, not to mention not close to johnlucas predictions...
600k this year perhaps, still good.

This game will make the Wii sell at its earlier high level again far into 2008. So a definite hit.

I see Wii Fit succeeding! And if it does, it will, for sure, sell hardware in the same way the Touch Generations games did and still do.

Actually , my biggest concern isn`t with Japan or USA, but Europe. Although we may be surprised as we were with Nintendogs!

johnlucas said:

30 Hit Combo!

C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

John Lucas

Hit

However I expect that WiiFit will follow the same sale pattern of Brain Traning titles ( long , long legs ). 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

A hit for the Wii!!!!

Will start strong no doubt, but unless 1 of 2 things happen it wont have legs.

1. It is a great game. Doubtful.
2. Reports come out that people really are losing a bunch of weight.

If neither of those happen WiiFit will just be a quick hit novelty item for Nintendo. This is a title that could get a great deal of backlash if the perception changes to just a weight loss gimmick that doesnt really work.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

This will surely be a HIT.

I was doubtful at the beginning, but after seeing images from the ski+snowboard, I was sold.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Overall Miss ... seeing how SMG did , its certainly wont be a huge seller as Wii Sports . It will be a good seller though , probably close to one million lifteime in Japan , though it wont destroy no record . I may be wrong though .

Also , if its not a huge killer , and Sony has a great start next year , tables could easily turn in the home-console front IMO :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I'd say a hit but I don't think it's going to sell more than 2 million this year. Maybe 1 million or maybe even less but I expect it to stay on the charts for a long time.