By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit in Japan - Hit or Miss?

jjseth said:
Hit or Miss? Hmmmm I'll go another route. Flop. And badly at that.

Gamers inherently are lazy and do not enjoy exercise. And if they do, who would really want to be cooped up indoors when they can enjoy the wonderfulness of the outdoors, or at the least a Gym with multiple hotties working out?

I think that many of you are wearing your Nintendo colored bias glasses and it's making you believe that it truly is the best thing since those corn holders for corn on the cob.

Wii Fit will not make anyone fit at all. Wait for the lazy gamers who figure out a way to manipulate the game to where it's perceived that you are actually working out, but you are still on your fat butt just flicking your wrist away.

In it's lifetime, I'd be surprised to see wii fit hit even 750k units.

And those that point at Wii Sports and Wii Play, keep in mind that Wii Sports is bundled with the system in most places so of course that will have a high "sales" number because it's bundled. And for Wii Play, it's so high because of the controller that comes with it.

750k lifetime? Are you serious? Wow.

Edit: I hope you meant Japan only...

Around the Network

hanafuda said:
FishyJoe said:
MontanaHatchet said:
FishyJoe said:
Wii Sports is not bundled in Japan and has been the #1 game by far in 2007.

Not by FAR, Monster Hunter Freedom isn't that far behind.

Good because MH3 will be coming to the Wii soon.

Good, because Monster Hunter Portable 2G will be coming to the PSP a lot sooner.

Good, so they can put all the work into a sequel instead of another re-release soon. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Miss. Pure and simple.

How can you still say "miss" with the reports already available?

You will eat so much crow you'll need to buy WiiFit.

I believe I was right when I said it would have good first week sales but then turn into Nintendogs and have really great legs.

Around the Network

Well first week sale are in ... IMO : miss , deffinatly . It wont have Nintendogs legs by far , and so , we will see yet a nother great selling Wii game , but not a console booster ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Well first week sale are in ... IMO : miss , deffinatly . It wont have Nintendogs legs by far , and so , we will see yet a nother great selling Wii game , but not a console booster ...

whats the proof of what you are saying?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think it may be his opinion based off of what he knows from 1st week sales.

My opinion is that 1st week sales look great, from what I know. I am now certain Wii Fit will sell over 1 million worldwide, which means it is a hit in my book. After hearing that it has around 36-40 games, I am getting it for sure!

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

hunter_alien said:

Just consider (for a moment) that games like Brain Training, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing all had very poor initial sales on the Nintendo DS mainly because the 'new' gamers they sold so well to are unlikely to buy a game in its first week/month. In general, people expect most of Wii Fit's sales to come from these same 'new' gamers who are still unlikely to buy a game in its first week/month. Selling 200,000+ units in its first week is an amazing sign to what kind of sales we could expect from this game in Japan ...

stranne said:
How can you still say "miss" with the reports already available?

You will eat so much crow you'll need to buy WiiFit.

I can call it a miss because its failing to sell at the breakneck speed certain people on this forum claimed it would/will. Many believed this to be the most important Wii title to date, I believe otherwise.