By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: SMG vs. Super Mario Sunshine (Or how SMG's graphics were hyped)

o damn it... that video spoiled bits of the game for me... i was only 12 stars in :(

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Galaxy does look better but not way better just slightly better.

Its like comparing GTA san andreas on the ps2 with the Xbox version. Just a slight upgrade.

mM
Sqrl said:

Legend have you even played the game yet? There isn't even a valid comparison here, SMG looks hands down better side by side. Its pretty obvious from this video and even then the video itself actually does a poor job in showing the strengths of SMG, especially the work it did with specular highlights and specular reflections and lets not forget the downright fantastic job they did with bumpmaps.

Just to help folks without a technical background understand what these things are I will demonstrate with some pics from wikipedia.

I also really liked their fur shaders....

You seriously need to get off your SMG bashing bandwagon and, if you don't like the game that is fine it is your choice but at this point nobody can really take you seriously with these posts anymore. /sigh

What load of ****. These are not even in game, they are all CGI. You fail.

(I hope you get the joke)

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Ishy said:
o damn it... that video spoiled bits of the game for me... i was only 12 stars in :(

Nah, don't worry. They didn't even show 1/10th of the game! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

@Sqrl

Your post is made of massive win.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Its like comparing GTA san andreas on the ps2 with the Xbox version. Just a slight upgrade.

Refer to various technical analyses posted above by various people.

Have you played both games?  Or just looking at this horribly representation of a video? 

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

leo-j said:

actually its like comparong half-life 2 on pc with half-life 2 on xbox,SMG being the pc version

I think it's sad,that Nintendo supporters are falling into the trap of defending SMG graphics against someone,who obviously don't have the passion to enjoy a videogame like most of us do.

Quality for Life

I feel really sad for W29. I respected him quite a bit. And people, relax with Legend. He's only saying his own opinion, in a civilized manner.

I'm a supporter of this Wii site......oh I meant Wii