By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: SMG vs. Super Mario Sunshine (Or how SMG's graphics were hyped)

@endurance

No, its not that way. Im just going with the GT vid.

mM
Around the Network
Sqrl said:

Legend have you even played the game yet?  There isn't even a valid comparison here, SMG looks hands down better side by side.  Its pretty obvious from this video and even then the video itself actually does a poor job in showing the strengths of SMG, especially the work it did with specular highlights and specular reflections and lets not forget the downright fantastic job they did with bumpmaps.  

Just to help folks without a technical background understand what these things are I will demonstrate with some pics from wikipedia.

An example of specular highlights.

An example of specular reflection.

Before Applying BumpmapAfter applying Bumpmap 

I also really liked their fur shaders....

You seriously need to get off your SMG bashing bandwagon and, if you don't like the game that is fine it is your choice but at this point nobody can really take you seriously with these posts anymore. /sigh

WIN

PS - This thread is over, my post should officially kill any debate. Its really that damn simple. It is sad that this even needs to be said.

To Each Man, Responsibility
mrtiddlesback said:
I'm a supporter of this Wii site......oh I meant Wii

Great.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

leo-j said:
@endurance

No, its not that way. Im just going with the GT vid.

yeah but as a guy that owns both games i compared em side by side and thats how it looked

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:

What load of ****. These are not even in game, they are all CGI. You fail.

(I hope you get the joke)

Of course I get the joke, ItsaMoron.

(I hope you get the joke)

Both SMG and SSBB in game graphics look better than CGIs! O_O

@sqrl 

can u post some HDR info as well? SMG uses that to great effect as well. 

Sqrl said:

Legend have you even played the game yet? There isn't even a valid comparison here, SMG looks hands down better side by side. Its pretty obvious from this video and even then the video itself actually does a poor job in showing the strengths of SMG, especially the work it did with specular highlights and specular reflections and lets not forget the downright fantastic job they did with bumpmaps.

Give Legend a little credit.  He's not going to make a post like this without even playing the games he's talking about.  That would be a foolish fanboy thing to do. 

Tell him, Legend. Tell him how much you've played SMS and SMG.  You seem like a hardcore gamer so I imagine you spent a lof of time playing the best game of the year.

Sqrl said:
PS - This thread is over, my post should officially kill any debate. Its really that damn simple. It is sad that this even needs to be said.

yep your post was the last nail in the coffin for this thread

I'm going to lock this, sorry Legend, everyone has their phail occasionally, don't beat yourself up about it.

You're still a great poster.

I haven't read all comments so it may have been said before but wasn't that kind of the point of the Wii, graphics only improved a bit but gameplay experience with Wii remote and nunchuck drastically improved whilst the competition go on about graphics and high definition when really you are playing the same old type of games the same old way but with better visuals.