By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: SMG vs. Super Mario Sunshine (Or how SMG's graphics were hyped)

Hey, look, its another thread from Legend bashing SMG.  Yaaawwn.

Around the Network

VGChartz will die and feel the rath of NPD....suckers this site reaks of dumb ass mods and isn't going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, Super Mario Galaxy blows Super Mario Sunshine away. I really don't feel like this needs to be debated. facher brought up many excellent points.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

@Rath.No,i'am not.Thanks for your welcome.I think i've choosen the right topic to introduce me.(sarcasm)

Quality for Life

Soriku said:
jjseth said:
Rath said:
Some people just don't know how to handle a ban.

Now we have as far as account spammers.

PS3 (2) - JJSeth, Hus
Wii (1) - GBallzack
360 (1) - W29.

Rath.   When I got my ban I didn't spam with alternate accounts.   I did create an alt account that wasn't banned to communicate with the moderators in PM's.  Other then that.  Nope.   Only reason that wasn't banned was because I kept it to the PM's to discuss the ban and talk with them reasonably to promise them that I'd play nicely and no longer post pictures of Mario as a certain Fuhrer.

Who was meandrunk then?
Probably someone else who had been banned, or someone who just didnt' like me and wanted to pretend to be me.   They just used my PS3 username to pretend to be me.  And whoever was jjsethrocks wasn't me either.     And I honestly have no clue who pretended to be me.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network
blue10 said:
VGChartz will die and feel the rath of NPD....suckers this site reaks of dumb ass mods and isn't going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

then why are you here

Legend11 said:

I've read numerous claims of SMG's prowess when it comes to graphics, some even claiming it stands with the best that the 360 and PS3 have to offer. So imagine my surprise when Gametrailer put it head to head against Super Mario Sunshine and the results were rather surprising to say the least. Not only did SMG look much worse than I expected, it also didn't appear to look much better than Super Mario Sunshine and in some cases it looked the same. Here's the video, the second half of it is especially interesting.

I totally know what you mean. 

Seriously, we can't even see Mario's nose-hairs.  How lame is that?

I'm sure if we had the great and mighty power of the 360 we could see his nose-hairs in all their glory.  Hazzah!

1st: Galaxy runs at constant 60fps. I have yet to see a place where it slows down. Sunshine ran at 30fps or less, and had maaany slowdowns.

2nd: Models of the characters have more polygons in Galaxy, and that's very noticeable. Levels don't have much increase in polygons, but they have normal mapping work in them to give them a more natural feel when you are looking at them in normal view. For example the Yoshi head planet: when you look at it from the normal view, it looks like very high-polygoned. But when you switch to normal view. Not to mention the parallax and bump mapping work.

3rd: Texture work in the character's models in Galaxy is higher. In fact, textures in character models in Sunshine was pretty scarce (gourad shading maybe?). But still, how much texture improvement can you do to Mario? More skin imperfections? More rivets to his overalls?

4th: Multiple visual effects that Galaxy has, are not present on sunshine. High dynamic range (or at least bloom), motion blur, depth of field and fur simulation to name some. Also, lighting seems to be more advanced on Galaxy, but that's not very noticeable as you are always on space.

I have both games, and I can assure that the improvement is very noticeable. You have both games legend? Or at least played them both recently?

Avalach21 said:
Honestly, Super Mario Galaxy blows Super Mario Sunshine away. I really don't feel like this needs to be debated. facher brought up many excellent points.

yep,SMG clearly looks better then SMS

Trolling,banning,flamewar.Everything in just my first twentyfive minutes as a member of this site:) or :( I just don't know.

Quality for Life