By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: SMG vs. Super Mario Sunshine (Or how SMG's graphics were hyped)

I've read numerous claims of SMG's prowess when it comes to graphics, some even claiming it stands with the best that the 360 and PS3 have to offer.  So imagine my surprise when Gametrailer put it head to head against Super Mario Sunshine and the results were rather surprising to say the least.  Not only did SMG look much worse than I expected, it also didn't appear to look much better than Super Mario Sunshine and in some cases it looked the same.  Here's the video, the second half of it is especially interesting.

Around the Network

You have got to be joking Legend...

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Really?

I saw a huge difference. One of us must be looking through fanboy goggles.

At least Legend wasn't the one saying it could match games on the PS3 or 360.

MontanaHatchet said:

No. Who was that again? Oh thats right IGN, you know the most respectable review site there is. 

Around the Network

It does look better though, maybe not up to what everyone was saying, but it does look better. Has more glow to it and looks all around better

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Rath said:
MontanaHatchet said:

No. Who was that again? Oh thats right IGN, you know the most respectable review site there is.

Well, they did give Okami GOTY, so I can't disagree there.

Rath said:
MontanaHatchet said:

From their very pro wii team

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

For once I agree with Soriku, shut your fucking mouth about you wanting to make SMG look bad you fucking paraniod lunatic. I don't care if I am banned for this statement, just freaking stop.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
For once I agree with Soriku, shut your fucking mouth about you wanting to make SMG look bad you fucking paraniod lunatic. I don't care if I am banned for this statement, just freaking stop.

Calm the fuck down for fuck sakes

Welcome to what we deal with every danm time someone talks about how "lost odyssey doesnt look good, too human is a bomb, blah blah" we get it all the danm time deal with it and shut the fuck up