By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: SMG vs. Super Mario Sunshine (Or how SMG's graphics were hyped)

blue10 said:
VGChartz will die and feel the rath of NPD....suckers this site reaks of dumb ass mods and isn't going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

They're feeling the me of NPD? YAY!

Schwarz, don't worry these threads only happen very occasionally. You chose a bad day to join tbh, the trolls are on the loose. 

Around the Network

Soriku,

Do you really think I'm lying about that? I honestly am not. When I got the ban I didn't realize it till later in the weekend because I was busy at home and with friends. Then when I saw that, I did create a second account but used it to communicate with the mods and did not post on it. Especially not to ridicule the mods or people on this site. That's just something childish to do and not something I'd do just to tick off people.

If someone created a account after you got a ban to make it seem like you, would you have liked that? Especially when everyone started to label you as a immature kid who can't handle it? I know I wouldn't like it and I'm sure you wouldn't either. Unless it's fairly obvious on who it is and it's immediately after a ban and they tied it to their same email address to verify the account. You , Rath, and I cannot see that information to confirm if it's them or not. The mods I would assume can.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Good grief.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

fazz said:
1st: Galaxy runs at constant 60fps. I have yet to see a place where it slows down. Sunshine ran at 30fps or less, and had maaany slowdowns.

2nd: Models of the characters have more polygons in Galaxy, and that's very noticeable. Levels don't have much increase in polygons, but they have normal mapping work in them to give them a more natural feel when you are looking at them in normal view. For example the Yoshi head planet: when you look at it from the normal view, it looks like very high-polygoned. But when you switch to normal view. Not to mention the parallax and bump mapping work.

3rd: Texture work in the character's models in Galaxy is higher. In fact, textures in character models in Sunshine was pretty scarce (gourad shading maybe?). But still, how much texture improvement can you do to Mario? More skin imperfections? More rivets to his overalls?

4th: Multiple visual effects that Galaxy has, are not present on sunshine. High dynamic range (or at least bloom), motion blur, depth of field and fur simulation to name some. Also, lighting seems to be more advanced on Galaxy, but that's not very noticeable as you are always on space.

yep SMG does run at 60fps which is all that matters,no slowdowns no nothing,thats why i think this game rocks

@legend

Your posts dont make me angry they just sadden me. What is the point in continuingly putting down SMG? Does it really make you feel that much better? Could it be that your jealous that it isnt on the 360? or that it is getting so much praise?

I pitty you legend and I'll shed a small tear that you wont be enjoying on of the best games ever made.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

Legend, I seriously think you need to get your eyesight checked. Seriously, I am concerned.

But seriously, I see a BIG difference. In colors, details, cutscenes, particle effects, amount of polygons, other effects (lighting, shiny stuff, bump mapping, etc) art style, distinctive feel, did I miss anything?

I'm sorry... You must be right, and every reviewer on the planet must be wrong.

Schwarz said:
Trolling,banning,flamewar.Everything in just my first twentyfive minutes as a member of this site:) or :( I just don't know.

its not usually like this it only happens occasionally

Was just checking... Usually when i see "Ok" followed by a elipse (...) it can mean sarcasm online.

No harm though. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

fazz said:

2nd: Models of the characters have more polygons in Galaxy, and that's very noticeable. Levels don't have much increase in polygons, but they have normal mapping work in them to give them a more natural feel when you are looking at them in normal view. For example the Yoshi head planet: when you look at it from the normal view, it looks like very high-polygoned. But when you switch to normal view. Not to mention the parallax and bump mapping work.

3rd: Texture work in the character's models in Galaxy is higher. In fact, textures in character models in Sunshine was pretty scarce (gourad shading maybe?). But still, how much texture improvement can you do to Mario? More skin imperfections? More rivets to his overalls?

Take a look at the Piranha Plants and Bowser at around 70% into the video... There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between both games.