By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most polite/friendly online (gaming) community

Gonna have to go with WoW. It probably has a lot to do with teh fact that players need to get along to accomplish anything of note in the game. people that are socially retarded won't get invited to decent guilds, and will often get kicked even from 5-man dungeons.

Games like Halo, Killzone, MW2, etc allow for people to act like douche bags because you are playing with different people every time u log on and your reputation means nothing at all. No one is gonna remember 3 weeks down the road if they get matched up with you again that "pwnsauce1337" was a total spazz. In WoW if you act like a big enough tard you will literally have to pay $25 to transfer servers before you can enjoy the game again.

Around the Network

The more people that have mic's the worse the community will seem. Just my opinion. It only takes a few assholes to ruin everyone's experience

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

For the most part a game like WoW or MMO's the other people are almost entirely just doing their own thing or are there to help you complete quests (unless in enemy territory). Games like MW2 are much more competitive.

nightsurge said:
For the most part a game like WoW or MMO's the other people are almost entirely just doing their own thing or are there to help you complete quests (unless in enemy territory). Games like MW2 are much more competitive.

I don't think that's true because UT and Quake were far more competative and yet there wasn't even a fraction of a fraction of the idiots on LIVE. Only CS could claim idiots like that from those days. I guess asshole noobs swarm the noobish games even today.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Definetly not WoW xD so many people swearing and such there..

I think PSN is a good community but you get a person swearing or screaming sometimes.. thank god not as much as in competitive services though :P

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

MW2 is the worst....
RE5 had a good community. i met a good penpal from that game.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Old MMOs are going to have a natural advantage, because once you've hit the cap and start getting bored, but you don't want to quit the game, you help other people, or you make alts and learn to enjoy the game more the second time around (usually by taking your time and being more generous). Also, most of the gameplay is cooperative, so you don't talk to people you're actively competing against.

In other words, the politeness in MMOs compared to other games is a natural growth of the gameplay. I wouldn't say WOW's community is significantly better than any other MMO I've played. (Maybe Ultima Online...)

For really interesting multiplayer experiences with communities which could have gone either way, I nominate Demon's Souls. The game actually encourages jumping into someone else's game to player kill them, but it does it in a structured way that makes sure the host player always has a natural advantage. Maybe it's this structure, or maybe it's because you can't communicate verbally (only through gestures,) but even the black phantoms (invading players who are trying to kill you) are extremely courteous. Many will bow, leaving themselves open, before they attack you. Some even jump into your world and then help you kill monsters and clear the level instead of attacking you, which gets them nothing for their time. Kind of like high level players helping others in MMOs, I suppose -- they just want to spend more time in the game world, and helping others is one good way to do that.

I love the VGC community for the most part and I enjoy it far more than other sites.

As for games, PSN overall has a good community unless you get on Home or Uncharted 2, on Home its like cyber sex 24/7 and they get pissed when you have a girl character and get on the mic and is a dude (me LOL) then in uncharted I just hear a lot of idiots that need to STFU

The most friendly community for a single game would have to be the Animal Crossing Community, there's a site for them, you can talk on there, that was my last forum community before VGC, I stopped going simply because I got bogged down with school and a lot of my friends left, but even when City Folk came out, I could get a number, found some people that got Wii Speak and everyone was super friendly (and 90% of them were high lol)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

i think every community has its polite and loud mouthed people but whos the loudest?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103623&page=1

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Games4Fun said:
Linkasf said:
SickleSigh said:
Friendly people in games usually suck, just my observation.

I disagree. Some of the more friendly people that play games are actually really good players.

This and they are the first to help you if you are having a problem with something in game.

Yep, unlike the majority, who would call you an [insert any profane word in existence] idiot as a first response.