By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What You Didn't Know About Nintendo

When exactly did the NES sell 67 million?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e0912.pdf

NES sold 61.9 million

Around the Network

Nice to see both DS and WIi on top in their own category, and I beleuve DS will take lead of all consoles in October when Nintendoi ships 142M DS to dethrone PS2, and wii to top GBA to be the 5th best selling system ever.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Soleron said:
Lastgengamer said:
Is it true Nintendo is a larger company than Sony?

By market cap, yes. (Number of shares * share price, basically the dollar value of the company were someone to buy every share)

By physical size, no. It clearly has lower revenue, lower employee count, fewer premises.

But it is far more profitable than Sony and others, so it is worth more to shareholders as an enterprise.

I believe Nintendo has the highest profit-to-employee ratio in the world of significantly sized companies. It is extremely well run.

This^^

Dont forget to mention Sony is also making tons of others electronic products, while Nintendo mostly makes video games related stuff

pizzahut451 said:
Soleron said:
Lastgengamer said:
Is it true Nintendo is a larger company than Sony?

By market cap, yes. (Number of shares * share price, basically the dollar value of the company were someone to buy every share)

By physical size, no. It clearly has lower revenue, lower employee count, fewer premises.

But it is far more profitable than Sony and others, so it is worth more to shareholders as an enterprise.

I believe Nintendo has the highest profit-to-employee ratio in the world of significantly sized companies. It is extremely well run.

This^^

Dont forget to mention Sony is also making tons of others electronic products, while Nintendo mostly makes video games related stuff

If next gen is as profitable as this for Nintendo there's a huge possibility they enter in 1/2 other sectors, like mobile phones or electronic stuff...especially if they watch what Apple has done. I would likely buy a Nintendo Phone :)

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I actually knew just about all of those things already.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

i knew this already

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Nice to know the meaning of the name I didnt know that one

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Whoa, nice facts man, didn't know nintendo is bigger than Sony?

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

nice!! : )

love Nintendo!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Good read.