By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold Prediction: Modnation Racer will be the best seller new IP this year.

Torillian said:

well you could be right, but what's it up against?

Alan Wake comes to mind.....and that's about it honestly as far as new IP's that are definitely coming out this year and have a good chance of doing well.

edit: you could be right about the title, not the 6 million, I find that part highly unlikely.

What are the chances of AGENT launching this year? that could be big...at least bigger than MNR... and no, MNR selling 6 millions? if it was on Wii, maybe

Around the Network

I agree 100% :D call me crazy but I think the same way about this game....I just hope Sony puts their marketing team behind this game big time because from what I have seen so far this is the best Kart racing game so far

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I'm saying no just for the lulz

jsut becuase its like mario kart doesnt mean it will sell like mario kart, if lbp is any indication the mario kart userbase doesnt own too many ps3's. we shall thouhg i enjoy bold predictions. i predict maybe 15.mln at tops by the end of te year, realistically probably not, its not exactly lighting up the pre order charts right now. but you never know with these casual games.

"even a dead god still dreams"

I don't even think it's a new IP. Total awesome-ness aside, it is just a racing version of LittleBigPlanet.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I don't even think it's a new IP. Total awesome-ness aside, it is just a racing version of LittleBigPlanet.

If your definition of Intellectual Property totally ignores setting, company making the game, genre, and instead focuses on general philosophy behind the game then there are alot less IP's out there then most people think.

Torillian said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

If your definition of Intellectual Property totally ignores setting, company making the game, genre, and instead focuses on general philosophy behind the game then there are alot less IP's out there then most people think.

Whoa it's a different company?  I thought they both under the "Play/Create/Share" umbrella.  I figured it meant they were in the same loose series, like Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

Hell, I still call all shooters Doom clones, and all platformers Mario clones.

Hm, dunno, I think maybe whatever game Nintendo's Vitality Sensor launches with has a strong chance of becoming the #1 new IP.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I can't tell if this is a serious thread or not :(

Just in case it is:

- Pre order numbers in America are low - only 25K with 9 weeks left

- A lot of people are rather upset that the PSP game will be getting some features and racing modes that the PS3 version will not. Plus the lack of interactivity between the 2 versions.

- 6 million is way too wishful thinking IMO, if it's reviewed well and has good word of mouth and legs, I see 500K US, 700k EU, 100k JP for PS3, about 1/3 of that for PSP UMD format. I'm basing this number off hype and the pre order numbers.

- The beta left a bad taste in many people's mouth. Bad framerate, load times and bad camera angle that cannot be adjusted by the user.

- New IPs coming out this year that will probably sell more:

1)Agent

2)Heavy Rain

3)Alan Wake

4)Whatever Sony bundles with Move standalone and PS3-Move bundle. It'll probably be Sports Champions.

5)Whatever MS bundles with Natal, will probably be some sort of mini games collection game as well.

6)Whatever Nintendo bundles with Vitality sensor

I don't think I forgot anything :)

Will it be the best selling new new IP?

Possible. There isn't much against it.

Will it be the best reviewed new IP?

Wouldn't doubt it. I'm sure it's scores will be higher than Mario Kart Wii and that you will write a thread about it.

Will it sell 6 million?

No way and you are bat shit crazy. It's either that or looking or you're looking for posts in your thread. I predict that it won't sell as much as LBP.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger