By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold Prediction: Modnation Racer will be the best seller new IP this year.

SaviorX said:
It will belucky to get half of that......
GT5 is probably going to get 7m+, this has no shot.

...hence I stated "new IP"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

The only problem I see with games like Modnation Racers, is they have an identity problem. And Sony knew this with LBP which is why they tried really hard to push the "sackboy" identity. But gamers identify games by their main characters or something in the game that is "tangible". That's a real issue for "creation" games because there is no central character, central theme, or central setting that mainstream gamers can grasp onto. It also makes marketing the title rather difficult.

So although it does have that similarity to Mario Kart, the lack of a true identity could hold it back. People go in an ask for a Mario game or look for that red plumber. That's something that will hold this game back unless an extremely effective marketing campaign can be drawn out by Sony.

I don't doubt for a second the loyal Sony userbase (which by sales has shown to be a very consistent buying userbase) will probably buy the title in masses, but getting that mainstream support could hold it back to being more successful than other new IPs.

Your prediction will fail very hard.

Here are few things that should beat Modnation Racers

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Alan Wake
3. The game that Natal is bundled with
4. The game that Move is bundled with
5. The game that Wii Vitality is bundled with
6. A new 3DS game
7. LA Noire
8. Just Dance is a 2009 title, but sales in 2010 will probably easily beat Modnation racers

Other new games that could easily beat Modnation racers are Heavy Rain, Alien Vs. Predator, Bayonetta, Darksiders, Vanquish, The new shattered spiderman game, and more. We'll see.

I would be very, very surprised if Modnation racers could beat Red Dead Redemption though.

Finally, the Sonic kart racing game has been selling terribly on both PS3 and 360.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

You are right.. that is a bold statement

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Gojimaster said:
Your prediction will fail very hard.

Here are few things that should beat Modnation Racers

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Alan Wake
3. The game that Natal is bundled with
4. The game that Move is bundled with
5. The game that Wii Vitality is bundled with
6. A new 3DS game
7. LA Noire
8. Just Dance is a 2009 title, but sales in 2010 will probably easily beat Modnation racers

Other new games that could easily beat Modnation racers are Heavy Rain, Alien Vs. Predator, Bayonetta, Darksiders, Vanquish, The new shattered spiderman game, and more. We'll see.

I would be very, very surprised if Modnation racers could beat Red Dead Redemption though.

Finally, the Sonic kart racing game has been selling terribly on both PS3 and 360.

Don't forget Agent for the PS3 IF it releases this year.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

6+ million for Modnation Racer? LOL, hell no.

Were you one of the people that thought LittleBigPlanet was going to put the PS3 above the Wii?

I predict :

Metacritic Score : 92

First Week : 600 K

At the End of 2010 : 2 Million

I personally think Red Dead Redemption could be the best new selling IP this year.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Notorius.A.i.G said:
I predict :

I personally think Red Dead Redemption could be the best new selling IP this year.

Isn't that a sequel to Red Dead Revolver?

jarrod said:
Nope, it'll be Nunokuni. 2m+ in Japan alone.

That brings to light another potential contender, then: The Last Story.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Khuutra said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
I predict :

Isn't that a sequel to Red Dead Revolver?

I'm not sure.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E