By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How much money this site makes monthly?

invetedlotus123 said:
But ioi is the only one that makes money from here or are there partners?

ioi pays some users to do certain things on the site. I can imagine that some of the Site Admins get paid.

Around the Network
invetedlotus123 said:

Most of the staff here (myself included) get paid for what they do.  It also isn't cheap to keep the server rnning, not to mention paying for all the deals with retailers the boss gets for the sales information that lets him do what he does.  So there' a LOT more to pay for than simply Brett's paycheck.

That said, it's not really appropriate to ask a business how much it makes.  Would you go into a random store and ask the owner how much they make?  Same deal here.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
invetedlotus123 said:

That said, it's not really appropriate to ask a business how much it makes.  Would you go into a random store and ask the owner how much they make?  Same deal here.

Why's that? Wouldnt it be just as inappropriate to go into a random store and ask them how much they sell? Or is it less inappropriate to ask questions if you pay for it? :D

thekitchensink said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Most of the staff here (myself included) get paid for what they do.  It also isn't cheap to keep the server rnning, not to mention paying for all the deals with retailers the boss gets for the sales information that lets him do what he does.  So there' a LOT more to pay for than simply Brett's paycheck.

this

Jesus Christ! No wonder he wants us all the not use Ad Blocker, hes making a killing!

Around the Network
SuperAdrianK said:
37,419,441$ just a joke btw, go ask ioi (brett).

I'm not trying to confirm that sites accuracy here, but it says 370 thousand dollar and not 37 million dollar.

I do think that this isn't very accurate. From what I see that number is only the ad revenue added up since the start of this website.

Only a theory though.

Guys, remember that some of the admins here are making a salary off this site (it may or may not be there only salary/salaries, I don't know) and they might not feel like telling everyone how much they are making.

STEKSTAV said:
thekitchensink said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Why's that? 1. Wouldnt it be just as inappropriate to go into a random store and ask them how much they sell? 2. Or is it less inappropriate to ask questions if you pay for it? :D

1. Yes it would, and it's inappropriate to do that as well.

2. No, it's still just as inappropriate then.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I wouldn't think that it is too inappropriate to ask a business how much it makes. There are hundreds of business', well probably thousands, that have to tell every one in t he world what they make. Even though they are kind of forced to because of being owed by stockholders, but they still say it.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

thekitchensink said:
STEKSTAV said:
thekitchensink said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Why's that? 1. Wouldnt it be just as inappropriate to go into a random store and ask them how much they sell? 2. Or is it less inappropriate to ask questions if you pay for it? :D

1. Yes it would, and it's inappropriate to do that as well.

2. No, it's still just as inappropriate then.

Why is it inappropriate? You keep saying that it is inappropriate, and you say "you wouldn't go into a random store and ask". You're right about the latter, but that's because I don't care. If I did, I would not hesitate to ask. However, you never answer the actual question: Why?

So again, please explain why it is inappropriate to merely ask a damn question. In my world, the thing that WOULD be inappropriate would be to continue pushing after the owner of the establishment said "I don't want to tell you", but asking the question is not inappropriate.

<insert awesome signature here>