By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Orange box hands on (1up)

leo-j said:
Hey atleast were gettting the game, its better than no game at all. Even though the X360 version will be superioir along with every game EA has ever made.

EA did not make the 360 version.

And the Orange Box was made for PC...Valve's a PC developer primarily.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hmmmm. Sucks for PS3 owners. I wonder if it really is that difficult to develop for the PS3, i mean even if people do mumble about it, i just don't believe it to be really that hard. But we keep getting these....strange information that PS3 games aren't up to par (most of the time, not always) with xbox games. Are the architectures really that incompatible?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@Wojtas: The CPUs used in the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are radically different. More accurately, the CPU used in the PS3 is radically different from most CPUs. It's a totally different way of programming.

In some cases, there might also be a memory problem. While the 360 allows developers to divide the 512 MB of memory between generic and graphical memory as they want, the PS3 has 256 MB of memory for each purpose (I'm not criticizing anything, just pointing out a potential difficulty when porting from the 360 to the PS3).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

haha...PS3 owners.....lol

Seriously. Fuck Gabe Know-All. He's made it clear that he is a PC loving bigoted asshole. I won't contribute to feeding him anymore, literally or figuratively.

Wojtas said:
Hmmmm. Sucks for PS3 owners. I wonder if it really is that difficult to develop for the PS3, i mean even if people do mumble about it, i just don't believe it to be really that hard. But we keep getting these....strange information that PS3 games aren't up to par (most of the time, not always) with xbox games. Are the architectures really that incompatible?

If you're really that curious to know, go learn to program. It's not difficult to program for Cell. It's just not the same as programming for the 360 as even the Call of Duty 4 lead developer has said. That game is nearly indistinguishable from its 360 counterpart aside from the online hiccups

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

Around the Network

Nah, it's not that i'm curious, i just wanted to start a flame war. Seriously though, it just strikes me as strange that if so many devs have such problems, then what was the point of creating such an architecture? In that sense i have to agree With Gabe Newell, that it was a bad decision to design something that may never be used in other appliances. In this case, cell.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

PS3 will win the console wars.....W29 banned....good to see W29 your with me!!!

Yea guys I'm sure boycotting EA and Valve is the way to go. What other big name publisher yall going to boycott next.

Wojtas said:
Nah, it's not that i'm curious, i just wanted to start a flame war. Seriously though, it just strikes me as strange that if so many devs have such problems, then what was the point of creating such an architecture? In that sense i have to agree With Gabe Newell, that it was a bad decision to design something that may never be used in other appliances. In this case, cell.

It's called progress.

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system."

- Bill Gates

When ever there is progress, where ever there is innovation, there will be those who are comfortable with the way things are. This is just the way the world works I guess. It's easier to stick with a tried and true method of doing the same old thing than to invest in training for something new. EA has proven this to us time and time again.

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

*spam*