By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Orange box hands on (1up)

BenKenobi88 said:
I can't believe the Valve bashing here. Putting their games on consoles is a gift, be happy you play it at all! It's meant for PC anyway.

Well whose decision was it to allow EA (of all companies) to do the PS3 port? Valve. 

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I can't believe the Valve bashing here. Putting their games on consoles is a gift, be happy you play it at all! It's meant for PC anyway.

Is a crappy deleyad port of a game a gift?

konnichiwa said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Why are you blaming them for that?  They gave it to EA to do.  There is no reason EA shouldn't know how to port a PC game to the PS3.  It's EA's fault.  Not Valve's.  Valve made a brilliant game and it's your own problem that you can't play it.  Get a PC that can play it (not hard) or a 360.

naznatips said:
konnichiwa said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Why are you blaming them for that?  They gave it to EA to do.  There is no reason EA shouldn't know how to port a PC game to the PS3.  It's EA's fault.  Not Valve's.  Valve made a brilliant game and it's your own problem that you can't play it.  Get a PC that can play it (not hard) or a 360.

First mistake. They should have known that EA has yet to port a decent game on the PS3. This game won't sell, like Lost Planet (Capcom)

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

Vengi said:
leo-j said:
UT3 will destroy this.

Maybe but only on the PS3 and then only if EA does the port as badly as this article implies.

Personally I think HL2:OB is far more interesting, fun and unique (Portal/TF2) then UT3.

QFT

TF2 is far better than UT 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Valve needed help with the PS3 version, and EA was the option that made sense. You can't just go grab Sony or whatever and ask them to make it, as they're clearly better...doesn't work like that.

Anyway, be happy you get it at all is what I'm saying.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

If nobody buy this???

Whats the point to port over the PS3??? (Not just for this game, in general with the crappy ports)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
leo-j said:
UT3 will destroy this.

You're just saying that because for now, it's only on the PS3, console-wise.

I still have a feeling a lot of console gamers don't even realize how fast UT3 is...and I imagine a lot of them will get turned off by it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Valve needed help with the PS3 version, and EA was the option that made sense. You can't just go grab Sony or whatever and ask them to make it, as they're clearly better...doesn't work like that.

EA, a company that can't develop a decent game on the PS3 Since Fight Night round 3, who still has problems getting Madden to run at 60 frames. I don't care who it was, but EA is not the company to make to PS3 port of anything.

I'm sorry but PS3 owners aren't going to be happy that they have to pay the same amount for a game on 360 and PC and not get the same quality.

Quack!

Duckaluck said:
BenKenobi88 said:

EA, a company that can't develop a decent game on the PS3 Since Fight Night round 3, who still has problems getting Madden to run at 60 frames. I don't care who it was, but EA is not the company to make to PS3 port of anything.

I'm sorry but PS3 owners aren't going to be happy that they have to pay the same amount for a game on 360 and PC and not get the same quality.

BINGO and that's why I'm gettin UT3.

I'll take the case!!!