By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Orange box hands on (1up)

BenKenobi88 said:
leo-j said:
UT3 will destroy this.

You're just saying that because for now, it's only on the PS3, console-wise.

I still have a feeling a lot of console gamers don't even realize how fast UT3 is...and I imagine a lot of them will get turned off by it.

Yea I hate the speed it has.

mM
Around the Network
Vengi said:
Valve is having nothing to do with this Port, it's a pity that EA is going to give Valve a bad name among PS3 owners..

@IllegalPaladin. STOP. I don't care what your doing, just use Stream or an Online Retailer and buy it now!

lol don't worry, I've had NO plans on buying it on the console, it's one of my top PC games. 

Skip the crap and buy UT3 instead. Shame though.

I played Unreal Championship on the original Xbox and loved it. It wasn't nothing like Halo. But the speed is what I needed because in Halo MasterChief can't run faster and doesn't have the option to speed up the charcater like how Call of Duty 4 did it. You can just click in the Left Thumbstick and the character could run faster, not in Halo.

But Unreal is what I want and I can't imagine what sales will be like once it hits the 360. I think it would be 400k to 500k even though the PS3 version is being released before it.

Go Unreal 3....can't wait!!!

Ooops, my error, I didn't realize this was a Sony discussion.....

Around the Network
W29 said:

As a former PS3 owner you are welcome

Tetsuo Shima said:
W29 said:

As a former PS3 owner you are welcome

Thank you for the history info of mine.....Might you want to add the profiles I had on this site too?

Wow ... EA makes yet a nother trash port ... :? What a surprise :O

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Guys it is likely that valve was never planning on making a PS3 version of the game and that EA came in and made a bid for the project. As a company, if the biggest publisher in the industry wants to take your game and do all of the work to port it to another system for you and you are still going to get your share....then I don't think that is a bad business decision...particularly when you have no interest in having your developers learn that console anyways.

Does it suck right now? Definitely! EA should be able to produce a higher quality product than this, but they just haven't been willing (in the past) to put that extra effort into it.

But we should probably wait until they finish the game before we damn it to the ever-growing pile of crap ports.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Hey atleast were gettting the game, its better than no game at all. Even though the X360 version will be superioir along with every game EA has ever made.

mM