By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Red Steel First US Week

That doesn't seem so bad. Sales will probably pick up over time.

Around the Network
gansito said:
pretty bad numbers for a FPS game with no competition on the wii

So you bought the game, right? No? If not please do tell why, since you probably like FPS games and this game has no competition.

By the way you should note that contrary to what many FPS fans come to expect as standard, this game has no multiplayer of any kind, so if your argument is that it should sell more do to its being a FPS "with no competition", then you are wrong, in the eyes of some FPS fans it is probably actually inferior due to no multiplayer.

And more OT: the game sold first week more than I expected. To put things in perspective, Modern Warfare Reflex sold 38,009 first week in the Americas (and is about to cross the million line WW, 700k of which are Americas, though I don't expect RS2 to do that due to different circumstances and release date), WaW Wii sold 44,468 first week in the Americas (and is now at 1.45 million WW, 960k of which are in Americas), Conduit first week was better than those at 64,469 but the backlash due to mediocre reviews and word of mouth as well as some bugs and hackers online has brought it to only 390k WW so far. Reactions and reviews of Red Steel 2 are overall much better than The Conduit's, so it needs to be seen which pattern this game wil follow, the COD games or The Conduit.

I think the second week of this game's sales may tell us more about where it's going.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

This isn't fps, it's fpbrawler.

Well, for a 4 day sale it's actually not that bad.
Others numbers are first day only.

It's what I expected. All core games released on the Wii in the past year have posted first-week numbers like this.

The good news is that they usually have strong legs if they are strong enough games. Red Steel 2 may see this, especially with it being a MotionPlus game.

Around the Network

some advertising would help too. i didnt know it was out. i only ran into it in the shop

I blame the HomeBrew channel for lack of sales of many games. I know several people who will only purchase the best of the best (Zelda, Mario, Metroid) and all others they download for free using HomeBrew.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

EntilZha said:
I blame the HomeBrew channel for lack of sales of many games. I know several people who will only purchase the best of the best (Zelda, Mario, Metroid) and all others they download for free using HomeBrew.

Stop spreding miss information the homebrew channel has nothing to do with piracy absolutly nothing. You can install everything you need to play backups without the homebrew channel and you can install homebrew channel without being able to play backups.

Please educate your self before making statements like this.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I'll wait till the price drops significantly and even than I'll give it a hard think before buying it. I might've been expecting a little more from it.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

55,000 is around 10% of Ubi's expected lifetime sales worldwide.

Anyone know why most of their advertising is in mags and on websites that are already hyping this game for them? I would have thought spending that advertising money reaching out to the kind of Wii owners who don't already know about this game would have been a better investment and resulted in better sales, which I think is what they did with the original that sold double their estimates sales for this.

I wonder - do you predict the lifetime sales of a game and cut your advertising budget accordingly, or do you decide to cut the budget and then adjust your prediction and just hope for the best?