By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Game Recommendations For New Owner

Ok so I've changed my mind, I'm gonna order it from Amazon for $299.99 and Resident Evil 5 for $19.99.
That's 319.99. I'll probably get 1 more game and not even bother buying another controller since i'll play online more anyways.

Around the Network
-PaNdOrA- said:
Ok so I've changed my mind, I'm gonna order it from Amazon for $299.99 and Resident Evil 5 for $19.99.
That's 319.99. I'll probably get 1 more game and not even bother buying another controller since i'll play online more anyways.

RE5 was my 2009 game of the year, you won't be disappointed! *sends friend request to PaNdOrA*

get the god of war collection as your additional game! its amazing!

mM

Dead Space for sure from the first group of games.

From the second game I'd recommend A crack in time. It's a complete change of pace from what Dead Space is. Demon Soul's, Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2 are amazing games, but I think a Crack in Time and Dead Space would be two good, different experiences for you to start out on. I'd also recommend you play the first Uncharted before playing the second uncharted. Though not necessary to enjoy Uncharted 2, I just think you'd enjoy both games more if you played them in order.

Oh dear, that first list is awful. I would say Dead Space, if you like horror games, and otherwise, Burnout Paradise. Pretty much everything else there sucks.

List two has the opposite problem- it's brilliant. Uncharted 2 if you want a fantastic single-player experience, or LittleBigPlanet if you want to have fun with others, and/or you are a creative person. The list is full of fantastic games, though. Fallout, Ratchet and MW2 would be great choices, as well. I didn't personally particularly like Arkham, but most people did.

If I had to choose:

Controller: Dual Shock (it's worth the extra money to get official Sony accessories)
Game 1: Dead Space
Game 2: Uncharted 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:
Might I also reccomend that after you get it and set up everything and do any updates you need, to download just as many demos as you can, you have the room, if you've got the bandwidth in your internet connection. They can download in the background, just download a whole bunch of them and try them out later at your leisure.

Oh wow thanks, I totally forgot about demos :p

-PaNdOrA- said:

RE5? Are you sure?

Well, if you just want one more game, I'd go with Uncharted 2. Good online mode in addition to fantastic single-player. GoW3's campaign is great too, but no online there (or is there?)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

RE5? Are you sure?

Well, if you just want one more game, I'd go with Uncharted 2. Good online mode in addition to fantastic single-player. GoW3's campaign is great too, but no online there (or is there?)

Yea, I'm a Resident Evil fanatic so even if the game isn't that great, i'll still love it. I even loved the Outbreak games for crying out loud :D

ruimartiniman said:
God of war 3 and MGS 4 would be the 2 games of my choice.

Have you played GOW 1 and 2? I was planning on getting GOW3, but I decided to buy the collection first, and i cant regret. EXCELLENT GAMES! Preparing myself to buy GOW3 finally.

From the first list, there's not a great selection there. If you don't own the LEGO games for the Wii, get one of the two for the PS3.

From the second list, Demon's Souls or Uncharted 2 are both great choices if you're into RPG or action. Little Big Planet is great if you like co-op games on the Wii.