By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Game Recommendations For New Owner

Ok, so currently I only own a Wii but am planning on getting a PS3 in a few weeks.

I'm buying the bundle online at Walmart and it comes with two games of your choice

Here is the link to the bundle:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-3-Greatest-Hits/10250153

I need help choosing the two games because I have never played any of them and I want to get the best out of the bundle. I like mostly any games, with the exception of sports games.

Any suggestions???

UPDATE:

Ok so I've changed my mind, I'm gonna order it from Amazon for $299.99 and Resident Evil 5 for $19.99.
That's $319.99. I'll probably get 1 more game and not even bother buying another controller since i'll play online more anyways.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Uncharted 2 (play first before if you can) - God of War 3 (might want to check out the collection)

These are probably the best titles on the console today, I'd suggest to play them in this order, since after playing GoW3, you won't be blown away by pretty much anything.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

God of war III, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 1, God of War collection(If you don't own the PS2 versions), Killzone 2, Oblivion, Infamous, Ninja Gaiden sigma 1 and 2, Ratchet and clank(Both), and Demon's Souls.

What are you into?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

For the first game, Dead Space is the best game there. Of course, if you like shooters, Battlefield: BC is a good option.

And for the second game, I highly highly recommend Demon's Souls since you like all types of games except sports.

Around the Network

God of war 3 and MGS 4 would be the 2 games of my choice.

Some of you guys missed the point, we're supposed to pick just 2 games from the link he posted. I'd say Dead Space & Uncharted 2.

It is better to give more choices. So that they can look into the games. 

Don't even buy it from walmart..

go on amazon and buy a 299 PS3, with two good games GOD OF WAR COLLECTION and GOD OF WAR 3

mM

they are good games, if you like advanture get uncharted 2 and play the first one before. also if you like shooter i would go with mw2