By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Game Recommendations For New Owner

Both Uncharted games and all 3 Ratchet and Clank games are the best games to buy (including the download Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty) After you get those Fallout 3 is a great game to get as it will give you over 100 hours of fun on the first time through! I would also suggest downloading Trine, Flower, and Braid!

Around the Network

You can also buy both Bioshock 2 get Bioshock 1 for free on Amazon.com for 48.99! I highly recommend buying this!!

Is it ok to buy Uncharted 2 without playing the first or does alot of the story pertain to the first? I hate being lost in a games story.

-PaNdOrA- said:
Is it ok to buy Uncharted 2 without playing the first or does alot of the story pertain to the first? I hate being lost in a games story.

You'd be just fine. However I do suggest getting the first one as I believe the first one has a little bit better story, which is important for the games which have an action movie vibe to them.

It depends on what kind of games you like. If you want a family-friendly type game to balance out your RE5 purchase, I'd suggest Little Big Planet. But my favorites personally are Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3, with MGS4 being first. You can't go wrong with any of them, though.

Around the Network

Oh man, how could I forget the original Bioshock? It's still probably my favorite game of this entire generation, and you can find it very cheap now.

Miguel_Zorro said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

They're kind of different storylines, although there are some characters that are in both, and you'll understand the interaction between them better if you play the first game before the second.  More importantly, they're both good gamesm but the second game is graphically much nicer than the first.  You'll be more impressed with each game if you play them in order.  If you play Uncharted 2 before Uncharted 1, Uncharted one will look like a last-gen game by comparison.

I have to completely disagree with the bolded, they are both top 10 games this gen graphically. Playing them you will not even notice a difference, unless you have 2 identical TV's right next to each other and 2 PS3's you could never tell.

-PaNdOrA- said:

I've play Uncharted 2 without playing the first, and it's the best PS3 game I've played so far. And you don't have to worry as you won't be lost in the story.

I'd go with Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. Uncharted 2 might be one of the best games of all time, and God of War 3 just speaks for itself.

demons souls and metal gear solid 4