By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony To Charge Everyone For PSN Subscription?

Well they gotta do what they gotta do to make money. If you dont want to pay then by all means dont. Just like Xbox live PSN is not required it is just an extra feature. However if SONY do start charging for PSN all the people who give M$ shit about being greedy and charging for LIVE better be prepared to do the same to SONY

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

one thing is for sure,,,they wouldn't say this to a German site ,,,they rather announce it at their stockholder meeting which is in what 2 -3 weeks from now.wouldn't u guys agree?

SpartanFX said:
one thing is for sure,,,they wouldn't say this to a German site ,,,they rather announce it at their stockholder meeting which is in what 2 -3 weeks from now.wouldn't u guys agree?

Most likely

I hope so. This will give Sony more than 500,000,000$ per year!

kowenicki said:
Looks false to me... the langauge is all wrong

He wouldnt be blatant and say "to increase revenue further" he'd say somehting more sony along the lines of "to continue to build and enhance the gaming experience only possible on playstation we will..."

I'm not being sarcastic... I'm serious. Its too in your face to basically say "to make more money we wil...."

Sony wants to do a "Playstation Wii" confirmed?

Around the Network
rubido said:
kowenicki said:
Looks false to me... the langauge is all wrong

He wouldnt be blatant and say "to increase revenue further" he'd say somehting more sony along the lines of "to continue to build and enhance the gaming experience only possible on playstation we will..."

I'm not being sarcastic... I'm serious. Its too in your face to basically say "to make more money we wil...."

Sony wants to do a "Playstation Wii" confirmed?

didn't they do it already with move?lol ;)

i m shocked that this hasn't made it to n4g yet :P

SpartanFX said:
hasn't sony said that they will not do it this gen??

sony also said that they wouldn't remove OtherOS. So just saying I would take anything Sony (or microsoft, or nintendo) with a grain of salt. You never know when a big corporation is desperate for money so they cut costs (remove OtherOS they have 1 less branch to maintain) or increase revenue (add subscription fee).

I will say, that if they do charge for all PSN access I will mad as it would destroy the playability of 5 out of my 11 games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

its clearly an april fools joke.

they will bring a charge thats for deffo but will be for premium features.

no way would i ever pay just to play a game online.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

nordlead said:
SpartanFX said:
hasn't sony said that they will not do it this gen??

sony also said that they wouldn't remove OtherOS. So just saying I would take anything Sony (or microsoft, or nintendo) with a grain of salt. You never know when a big corporation is desperate for money so they cut costs (remove OtherOS they have 1 less branch to maintain) or increase revenue (add subscription fee).

I will say, that if they do charge for all PSN access I will mad as it would destroy the playability of 5 out of my 11 games.

but linux affects minority maybe 10% but this affects majority of users like around 90% of PS3 owners.

if it is true,,i know i will be paying but a bit of sony love will die inside for me lol