By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony To Charge Everyone For PSN Subscription?

SpartanFX said:
nordlead said:
SpartanFX said:
hasn't sony said that they will not do it this gen??

sony also said that they wouldn't remove OtherOS. So just saying I would take anything Sony (or microsoft, or nintendo) with a grain of salt. You never know when a big corporation is desperate for money so they cut costs (remove OtherOS they have 1 less branch to maintain) or increase revenue (add subscription fee).

I will say, that if they do charge for all PSN access I will mad as it would destroy the playability of 5 out of my 11 games.

but linux affects minority maybe 10% but this affects majority of users like around 90% of PS3 owners.

if it is true,,i know i will be paying but a bit of sony love will die inside for me lol

I don't disagree that OtherOS affects a lot less, but the point is the same. I wouldn't trust what any of them say, especially after they've lost billions of dollars on a product. They took out PS2 backwards compatibility too (not promised to stay, but it affected a lot of users)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Looks false to me... the langauge is all wrong

He wouldnt be blatant and say "to increase revenue further" he'd say somehting more sony along the lines of "to continue to build and enhance the gaming experience only possible on playstation we will..."

I'm not being sarcastic... I'm serious. Its too in your face to basically say "to make more money we wil...."

you are right, this is too blunt of a statement to make from sony.From a profit point of view it makes sense but from potential buyers it does not. A big selling point of the ps3 is the free online.

I clicked the link labeled PS3 clan and it redirected me to a page saying "April Fools' Day"

What idiots, it's not even the 31st of March yet.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I like that "PS3Clan" link in that article.
no need to thank me

Grooski said:
Dont believe evrything you read on the internet - thats how WW1 got started.

lmao!  Coffee just came out of my nose.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
nordlead said:
SpartanFX said:
hasn't sony said that they will not do it this gen??

sony also said that they wouldn't remove OtherOS. So just saying I would take anything Sony (or microsoft, or nintendo) with a grain of salt. You never know when a big corporation is desperate for money so they cut costs (remove OtherOS they have 1 less branch to maintain) or increase revenue (add subscription fee).

I will say, that if they do charge for all PSN access I will mad as it would destroy the playability of 5 out of my 11 games.

but linux affects minority maybe 10% but this affects majority of users like around 90% of PS3 owners.

if it is true,,i know i will be paying but a bit of sony love will die inside for me lol

This.  I will pay whatever they want for online but they will have lost me as a fan and my game and console purchases will definitely reflect that.

Click to link to the clan from the article ... to confirm it's an April fools joke.

If I was the dictator of the Internet, any site doing April Fools jokes too early would get shut down.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
If I was the dictator of the Internet, any site doing April Fools jokes too early would get shut down.

Last year as a April fools joke, a fansite I frequent was shut down. It was meant as a joke but it ended up making people rally angry, to the point the site was shut down for real... Bad memories, but at least the site was reborn elsewhere.

Love Mir Forever!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB
My Favorite Jrpg Series: Ar Tonelico, Lunar, Tales of, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier/Mana Khemia, Suikoden, Grandia, Wild arms, and Disgaea.

Is this a joke too?
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77578