By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many B:BC 2, Killzone 2 and JRPG fanboys hate Modern Warfare 2?

Are you okay?

Around the Network

I don't HATE MW or MW2. But I don't think that the series deserves what it gets. To me it is just another FPS series that is highly generic and just not fun. I'm sorry, but I seriously do in my mind believe that Activision paid to get that 94 on metacritic. Because they do not deserve it.

So it cant possibly be that is just not a good game?

Squilliam said:
Elitism.

Yes just one word.

This.

Everyone believes their status will increase if they distance themselves from Call of Duty.

Barozi said:
Well MW2 is an awesome game and everyone that doesn't see the quality is blind.
However those other games you mentioned also have a high quality.

Personally I don't know where the hate comes from. Everyone loved MW1 and now everyone hates MW2 ?
Only answer is the popularity of the game. Because gameplay wise those games are so close, that there is barely a noticeable difference in the game's greatness.

Same goes for CoD 1 & 2 loving people bitching about the new CoDs.

+1

CoD MW2 - Hardcore Search and Destroy >>> Halo 3, Killzone 2, BF:BC 2 - all multiplayer modes

Around the Network

Can't be everyone, because I didn't find it that great and I certainly didn't love it.

Acevil said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

Also, BBC:2 has probably the worst campaign i've ever played in a FPS game

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its generic

I think they both royally suck. Also MW2 focuses on a team that is also 4 guys, but actually turns into 2 guys, because Price is so smart to see a double crossing.

Rangers story is another issue.....where one guy is just doing all the heavy lifting.

if you talk about british missions, than yes.But in amercan missions you have tons of teammates fighting on your side

I played both KillZone 2 and MW2, I prefer the campaign gameplay in KillZone 2 but I prefer the online gameplay in MW2

PearlJam said:
A lot of COD and Halo fans are pretty casual about it, I can't really say that about KZ2 fans.

this

Chairman-Mao said:
Because its a terribly broken piece of shit game. It has so many problems it may be beyond repair.

Just to name a few of them:

1. Commando is retarded, people lunge up to I think 3 meters and they're invincible while "mid-lunge"isn't there a commando booster in OD4 as well?

2. Terrible lag. I'm not a fan of Bad Company 2, but at least they have dedicated servers. Figure it out Infinity Ward, host migration isn't enough; we need dedicated servers.i didnt have much lag problmes, maybe your crappy connection?

3. People camping (and boosting) to get high killstreaks and nukes. What's the solution? Go back to 3/5/7 killstreaks (UAV, Airstrike, Chopper). Seriously if you took out high killstreaks, you would eliminate probably half the camping in the game.people camp on every COD game, but MW2 is more popular than others, so you must hate it more than other COD games?

4. Noob Tube, especially when paired with danger close and either scavenger or one many army pro. It was better in CoD4 when noob tube took the place of your 1st perk.cant argue here

5. Stupid fucking weapon attachments like heartbeat sensor which is just a portable UAV, thermal which turns average snipers into great snipers thanks to enemies becoming huge glowing white globs, and akimbo (especially on the shotguns)agree on thermal part

6. Shotguns are way overpowered and have way too much of an effective range. Oh and the AA-12 is the most noob gun. If you get in a room with someone with an AA-12 you stand no chance.so you think shotguns should only kill you if you are 4m away from enemy? have you ever fired from a real shotgun or went hunting?in REAL LIFE AA-12 destroyes everything on 20m range

7. Horrible ass spawn system. When you rush and play aggressively; the game punishes you by spawning enemies all around you. The only way not to get spawn killed is to sit back in your own spawn and camp. cant argue here

I could go on all day about the things I hate about MW2. And don't tell me I hate the game because I'm shitty at it. I have just under 10 days logged and my Kill/Death ratio is just under 2.00. So I'm not the best player ever but I get 2 kills per life on average.