By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many B:BC 2, Killzone 2 and JRPG fanboys hate Modern Warfare 2?

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Mazty said:
The maps are bad, the field of view is awful, the multiplayer is full of lag, multiplayer is unbalanced (level 60 vs level 1, or any high level vs a low level) and the storyline is utter trash which makes no sense.

It's just a really bad game.

i understand your other reasons for hating MW2 (everyone has opinnion) but the bolded one is pure crap. So high level players shouldnt even play the game because of the n00bs who just started the game?

He's saying that there is a bad balance. Now those people did rightfully earn those levels. But people who just start off have hardly any experience and are obviously lower level. The game should have some sort of system where it adjusts by level, and then have an option for level free servers.

KZ2 has this I believe, they do it by rank.

Mazty said:
selnor said:
MW2 is a great game. I couldn't care less what others say. However I still play Halo 3 more. They are 2 different types of online, but Halo is so balanced and perfected, I just prefer that.

Great because?

No point in giving an opinion if you don't justify it.

It's atmospheric, graphics are great, and I thoroughly enjoyed single player. Onilne is good but flawed. Still fun though. Flawed only because I'm used to the impeccable Matchmaking Halo 3 has. MW2 doesn't suck. There is just to many people slating games for the sake of being on that band wagon today.

Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

Also, BBC:2 has probably the worst campaign i've ever played in a FPS game

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its gener

Hall way shooting? Check

Scripted AI? Check

White "bad ass" guy with a mohawk, who never seems to die? Check

Big bad soviet union trying to destroy the world? Check

Awesome atmosphere? Check.

Whats awesome about it? 

HUUUGE battlefield? Check

You mean small cramped hall ways? 

Tons of soldeirs on the screen? Check.

Tons of robot soldiers on screen, all preprogrammed to die a certain way.

Lots of going on on the screen? Check.

4 guys on your  team shooting (your team ALWAYS misses and its up to the player to one man army it and save the day no wonder people rambo out in MP) and 10 enemys shooting, not that much going on.  No vehicles, no random airstrikes, no snipers nothing.

Awesome Spec Ops co-op missions? Check

Zombies are better.

MW2 is generic. BC2 may not have the best SP (Its boring to me) but its far better than the scripted chuck e cheese robots with guns.

have you even played the game? The mission where you fight for White House disproves YOUR WHOLE POST alone.

selnor said:
Mazty said:
selnor said:
MW2 is a great game. I couldn't care less what others say. However I still play Halo 3 more. They are 2 different types of online, but Halo is so balanced and perfected, I just prefer that.

Great because?

It's atmospheric, graphics are great, and I thoroughly enjoyed single player. Onilne is good but flawed. Still fun though. Flawed only because I'm used to the impeccable Matchmaking Halo 3 has. MW2 doesn't suck. There is just to many people slating games for the sake of being on that band wagon today.

Graphics are awful unless you can somehow claim sub 720p resolutions are good graphics plus the single player storyline makes NO sense. 

The multiplayer is full of lag and unbalanced due to all levels vs each others. That ideas is retarded, imagine WoW if the battlefields were free-for-all. 

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

Also, BBC:2 has probably the worst campaign i've ever played in a FPS game

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its gener

Hall way shooting? Check

Scripted AI? Check

White "bad ass" guy with a mohawk, who never seems to die? Check

Big bad soviet union trying to destroy the world? Check

Awesome atmosphere? Check.

Whats awesome about it? 

HUUUGE battlefield? Check

You mean small cramped hall ways? 

Tons of soldeirs on the screen? Check.

Tons of robot soldiers on screen, all preprogrammed to die a certain way.

Lots of going on on the screen? Check.

4 guys on your  team shooting (your team ALWAYS misses and its up to the player to one man army it and save the day no wonder people rambo out in MP) and 10 enemys shooting, not that much going on.  No vehicles, no random airstrikes, no snipers nothing.

Awesome Spec Ops co-op missions? Check

Zombies are better.

MW2 is generic. BC2 may not have the best SP (Its boring to me) but its far better than the scripted chuck e cheese robots with guns.

have you even played the game? The mission where you fight for White House disproves YOUR WHOLE POST alone.

The beauty of Battlefield is that it is able to bring epic and cinematic type battles to multiplayer, instead of force feeding it through heavily scripted singleplayer.

Chairman-Mao said:
Because its a terribly broken piece of shit game. It has so many problems it may be beyond repair.

Just to name a few of them:

1. Commando is retarded, people lunge up to I think 3 meters and they're invincible while "mid-lunge"

2. Terrible lag. I'm not a fan of Bad Company 2, but at least they have dedicated servers. Figure it out Infinity Ward, host migration isn't enough; we need dedicated servers.

3. People camping (and boosting) to get high killstreaks and nukes. What's the solution? Go back to 3/5/7 killstreaks (UAV, Airstrike, Chopper). Seriously if you took out high killstreaks, you would eliminate probably half the camping in the game.

4. Noob Tube, especially when paired with danger close and either scavenger or one many army pro. It was better in CoD4 when noob tube took the place of your 1st perk.

5. Stupid fucking weapon attachments like heartbeat sensor which is just a portable UAV, thermal which turns average snipers into great snipers thanks to enemies becoming huge glowing white globs, and akimbo (especially on the shotguns)

6. Shotguns are way overpowered and have way too much of an effective range. Oh and the AA-12 is the most noob gun. If you get in a room with someone with an AA-12 you stand no chance.

7. Horrible ass spawn system. When you rush and play aggressively; the game punishes you by spawning enemies all around you. The only way not to get spawn killed is to sit back in your own spawn and camp.

I could go on all day about the things I hate about MW2. And don't tell me I hate the game because I'm shitty at it. I have just under 10 days logged and my Kill/Death ratio is just under 2.00. So I'm not the best player ever but I get 2 kills per life on average.

I'm going to do something I probably shouldn't do, but will do anyways: Counter your points.

1. They're not invincible, it's just a matter of connection. It's really not that different from the Energy Sword in Halo 3, and if they bother you that much, you can just pull out your shotgun and shoot the hell out of them (I've found the AA-12 works best for that).

2. Terrible lag? Sure, host issues are a bitch (especially if someone dashboards), but I hardly see the terrible lag. I have a 3 or 4 bar connection in the vast majority of the games I played.

3. Campers are incredibly easy to counter, as are boosters. Take it from someone who camped in his early days with the game. There are explosives, stuns, flashes, and speedy ways to get to a camper and kill him. It's not that difficult. And there was plenty of camping in Call of Duty 4 and World at War (especially World at War, holy shit).

4. Noob tubing is annoying, but the One Man Army tactic is being fixed (or has been fixed, I haven't been keeping up with the updates too much). With Scavenger, it's only 2 grenades, and then you have to search for packs to continue. It's hardly overpowered compared to say...the Assault Rifles.

5. So? Use them. And if you don't want to use them, counter them. Cold Blooded counters thermal, while Ninja counters Heartbeat Sensors. They're not that bothersome. But I guess you just can't part with Stopping Power, can you?

6. Good. They were underpowered as hell in the last 2 games, with no real benefits over SMGs.

7. Which is why rushers have to play smart. If you rush into your enemy's spawn, then they will spawn around you. That's common sense, and it's true for most online shooters. And a bad spawn system was definitely present in the last 2 Call of Duty games (just check some old Youtube videos).

8. There's nothing saying you didn't make up everything you said about your stats.

selnor said:
Mazty said:
selnor said:

Great because?

I could'nt agree more with your last sentence. So true.

Mazty said:

Graphics are awful unless you can somehow claim sub 720p resolutions are good graphics

There is a lot more to "good graphics" than just resolution. I'll take a sub 720p game with tons of great effects and nice models over a shitty looking game that runs in 720p, framerate matters too.

pizzahut451 said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Because its a terribly broken piece of shit game. It has so many problems it may be beyond repair.

Just to name a few of them:

1. Commando is retarded, people lunge up to I think 3 meters and they're invincible while "mid-lunge"isn't there a commando booster in OD4 as well?

2. Terrible lag. I'm not a fan of Bad Company 2, but at least they have dedicated servers. Figure it out Infinity Ward, host migration isn't enough; we need dedicated servers.i didnt have much lag problmes, maybe your crappy connection?

3. People camping (and boosting) to get high killstreaks and nukes. What's the solution? Go back to 3/5/7 killstreaks (UAV, Airstrike, Chopper). Seriously if you took out high killstreaks, you would eliminate probably half the camping in the game.people camp on every COD game, but MW2 is more popular than others, so you must hate it more than other COD games?

4. Noob Tube, especially when paired with danger close and either scavenger or one many army pro. It was better in CoD4 when noob tube took the place of your 1st perk.cant argue here

5. Stupid fucking weapon attachments like heartbeat sensor which is just a portable UAV, thermal which turns average snipers into great snipers thanks to enemies becoming huge glowing white globs, and akimbo (especially on the shotguns)agree on thermal part

6. Shotguns are way overpowered and have way too much of an effective range. Oh and the AA-12 is the most noob gun. If you get in a room with someone with an AA-12 you stand no chance.so you think shotguns should only kill you if you are 4m away from enemy? have you ever fired from a real shotgun or went hunting?in REAL LIFE AA-12 destroyes everything on 20m range

7. Horrible ass spawn system. When you rush and play aggressively; the game punishes you by spawning enemies all around you. The only way not to get spawn killed is to sit back in your own spawn and camp. cant argue here

I could go on all day about the things I hate about MW2. And don't tell me I hate the game because I'm shitty at it. I have just under 10 days logged and my Kill/Death ratio is just under 2.00. So I'm not the best player ever but I get 2 kills per life on average.

1. I'm guessing you mean to put COD4. And no, there were no knifing perks in COD4.

2. Actually come to think of it I don't get that much lag, but enough that its annoying. I was more trying to point out that BC2 has dedicated servers and I really hope the next CoD game does too.

3. That's true. Well I guess any shooter people camp. I don't remember people camping this much in CoD4, maybe you're right its because the game is more popular.

6. No I've never fired a real gun. Look I know realistically shotguns tear people apart, even from good distances, but that's not really fair in a video game. Basically if you're in a small-medium sized room with someone that has a shotty, you're screwed. I know there's nothing stopping me from using a shotty as well to counter it, but I don't always want to use shotgun.

As for the rest I'm glad we agree!

I'm not saying its a bad game, it just has problems that could easily be fixed. I fucking hate how lazy IW is at patching things. I could understand if the game only sold 500k that they wouldn't update it, but considering it sold has already sold like 17million units across PS360 you'd think they'd care enough about the community to patch the game more often.