By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many B:BC 2, Killzone 2 and JRPG fanboys hate Modern Warfare 2?

Dont wanna start anything, but i really wanna know why is MW2 getting so much hate. Yeah, sure its a bit over rated, but that doesnt mean you have to kill IW. There are tons of other overrated shooters out there too. Resistance:FOM, ODST,KZ2... Also, if you have problem with cheaters, just report them to IW. Oh and using ''Commando'' booster IS NOT CHEATING!!!! So why so much hate for Moern Warfare 2?Is it because B:BC2 will never be rated higher than Modern Warfare game? Or because B:BC2 players get their ass kicked online every time? Or because MW became the most popular series in gaming and that makse JRPG fanboys mad because their favourite genre is going is greatly loosing popularity. Or because MW2 sells more in day 1 than Killzone 2 LTD?

Around the Network

MW2 strikes me as one of those dull,annual outing franchises,there's nothing special about a game like that,to me anyway.
The people I know personally who applaud MW2 are the people who games only on the odd occasion.A true gamer will always go for Killzone,Battlefield,R:FOM (not Resistance2 as it's shit) and MAG etc

Those games truly put you in situations that are dangerously similar to the real life battlefields.Now remember I say situations not environments,cause that's what MW2 puts you in,environments.

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

If you ignore comments, you won't notice the hate and you'll be happy. :)

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

If you didn't notice the MW2 hate mostly stems from PS3 owners, must be something with that system and the game. I played on it once and people were acting so stupid like trying to blindfire me with an M16. I'm willing to think really because people on this site like games that ARE NOT popular like Fracture and any other exclusive game nobody really cares about *cough*thelastguardian*cough*. Most likely somethings up on PSN nobody wants to admit.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
I played on it once and people were acting so stupid like trying to blindfire me with an M16.

Huh, funny, because when I played the Bad Company 2 demo, all the MW2 newbs were shooting at my T-90 with bullets O.o

I'm here to say that I was a Killzone fanboy until a few days ago. My friends always said I should try Modern Warfare 2 but I had the whole "Call of Duty sucks and they make too many" attitude. I had already played Modern Warfare for a bit, but I never really spent time with it till yesterday.

And now I know that Modern Warfare 3 will be a day 1 purchase. The game is absolutely phenomenal.

The more popular a game gets, the more attention it draws. There are definitely some balance issues and questionable design choices in MW1/2, but nothing that should draw the vitriol that it is receiving.

Akvod said:
A Bad Clown said:
I played on it once and people were acting so stupid like trying to blindfire me with an M16.

Huh, funny, because when I played the Bad Company 2 demo, all the MW2 newbs were shooting at my T-90 with bullets O.o

On XBL blindfiring is only done as a tbag. Nukes are almost impossible in core because everyone whips out a stinger once a gunner goes up. I had a match where I shot down 3 harriers and 2 AC-130s.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I personally don't like MW2 (even though I have it) because it's just to easy, it doesn't change thing's up at all and it's just generic in every sense. Battlefield, Killzone and Resistance just throw more stuff at you like larger map's, more players, destructible environments etc. I've played to many games like Modern Warfare, it just got boring in the end (still the best for local multiplayer though).

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752