By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many B:BC 2, Killzone 2 and JRPG fanboys hate Modern Warfare 2?

pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

Also, BBC:2 has probably the worst campaign i've ever played in a FPS game

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its generic

I think they both royally suck. Also MW2 focuses on a team that is also 4 guys, but actually turns into 2 guys, because Price is so smart to see a double crossing.

Rangers story is another issue.....where one guy is just doing all the heavy lifting.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its generic

@Bold Print

You've never played a Half-Life game have you?

Akvod said:
For those that say games with many iterations just get unwarranted hate, look at the Total War series. 6 games with usually 2 or more expansion per game, and the praise the series gets still, both from fans and critics.

Devs like Creative Assembly or DICE are consistent and make good games, because they are given freedom and good treatment from their bosses, as opposed to other devs who are pressured and suffocated by an asshole CEO who will rather take the fun out of video games.

Agreed, even though Rome is still the best in the series IMO.

SmoothCriminal said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:

@Bold Print

What if I told you I found half-life boring, what would you do? (Haven't played half-life 2, people tell me that I would love that one)

pizzahut451 said:
MrBubbles said:
i dont like modern warfare 2 because it feels like an inferior version of the first modern warfare.

how so? because of the better graphics, more kill streaks, better death strikes, better maps, better weapons ( Akimbo FTW!!!! ) and added Special Ops mode?

More =/= better.

Oblivion has "more" stuff than Morrowind, but Oblivion isn't even half of the game Morrowind is.

Around the Network

Modern Warefare 2 is awesome.  For over a month I played it almost everyday.  It's the first shooter that I really enjoyed the online despite a few cheaters.  The hate just comes from it becoming super popular and mainstream.  Some people just feel the need to hate on games that the general public has embraced.

dahuman said:
I FPS on PC, MW2 is a pile of garbage for a PC game, therefore, I have 0 desire to play it.

This.

What's sad is that it's still 10 times better than the console version.

Acevil said:
SmoothCriminal said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:

@Bold Print

What if I told you I found half-life boring, what would you do? (Haven't played half-life 2, people tell me that I would love that one)

If you find Half-Life 1 boring? That's fine, it's an old game that I enjoy mostly for Nostalgia.

Half-Life 2 however, is the single greatest game ever created. It's not an Fps, it's a

First-Person-Adventure-Platformer-Puzzling-Story Driven-Shooter.

So it's a FPAPPSDS

Random Canadian said:
pizzahut451 said:

Dont wanna start anything, but i really wanna know why is MW2 getting so much hate. Yeah, sure its a bit over rated, but that doesnt mean you have to kill IW. There are tons of other overrated shooters out there too. Resistance:FOM, ODST,KZ2... Also, if you have problem with cheaters, just report them to IW. Oh and using ''Commando'' booster IS NOT CHEATING!!!! So why so much hate for Moern Warfare 2?Is it because B:BC2 will never be rated higher than Modern Warfare game? Or because B:BC2 players get their ass kicked online every time? Or because MW became the most popular series in gaming and that makse JRPG fanboys mad because their favourite genre is going is greatly loosing popularity. Or because MW2 sells more in day 1 than Killzone 2 LTD?

You have got to be fucking kidding me, I just got MAG 2 days ago and its so easy to spot MW2lolzroxor kids, running around like they are a 1 man army getting killed or just running around trying to get a K/D ratio.

Any squad in MAG would rather have a noob that can follow orders then the best MW2 "omgimsol33t" douchbags

You know now that I think about it.....that's true....I would much rather have a shitty player actually following orders then some idiot off holding his dick on the other side of the map.

And It's extremely easy to spot a MW player.....rediculously easy. Don't get me wrong I played MW2, but I also knew MAG was going to be more team based and quickly learned. What's upsetting is when you get a high level MW player who gets squad leader and doesn't know how to FRAGO anything.....if your bloody level 46....you've been playing long enouph that you should know how to set a FRAGO.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

SmoothCriminal said:
dahuman said:
I FPS on PC, MW2 is a pile of garbage for a PC game, therefore, I have 0 desire to play it.

This.

What's sad is that it's still 10 times better than the console version.

Agreed as well....

I have MW2 on PC....and when I'm enjoying MAG, a console shooter, more then that....you know somethings wrong.

To be fair MAG has drawn me in more then any other shooter out there though including team fortress, counterstrike etc. etc. but MW2 is still crap compared to the first MW and any Battlefield game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2