By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many B:BC 2, Killzone 2 and JRPG fanboys hate Modern Warfare 2?

I've noticed the hate from the jrpg fans.

if they're gonna hate, let them hate and watch the money pile up. The jrpg is dead except for ff and dq.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
Akvod said:
A Bad Clown said:
I played on it once and people were acting so stupid like trying to blindfire me with an M16.

Huh, funny, because when I played the Bad Company 2 demo, all the MW2 newbs were shooting at my T-90 with bullets O.o

On XBL blindfiring is only done as a tbag. Nukes are almost impossible in core because everyone whips out a stinger once a gunner goes up. I had a match where I shot down 3 harriers and 2 AC-130s.

My point was that you MW2 guys act even more illogically when you get on other games, since you've been so spoiled by MW2. Not about t-bagging or whatever you're talking about.

Because they don't like dumbed down crappy plot no dedicated servers FPSes sold for rediculus prices with publisher ripping them off on every DLC released ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

MW2, just like Halo 3, is a spectacular game. "Cheap" tactics online can really turn people off though, things like the Akimbo Model 1887, sniping from the scaffolding on the stage Highrise, and Tactical Knifing with a pistol equipped with the Tactical Knife attachment and the perks Marathon Pro+Lightweight Pro+Commando Pro are just retarded.

I tried Battlefield once but didn't like the emphasis on teamwork. Killzone 2 doesn't look interesting to me at all, but I'd like to try MAG sometime.

Regarding JRPG fanboys that hate the game, ignore them. chances are they've never even played it and they hate on everything that's popular outside their desired genre anyway. They have this need to constantly express their love for Final Fantasy 7 and their hatred for everything else that's critically and/or commercially acclaimed that's not a JRPG.

How technical is your game?

pizzahut451, Is MW2 all that... and a bag of chips? Some people don't like it and prefer other FPS titles. That is the way life works. And yes, console FPS titles also have fanboys.

In regards to this, look at the map pack issue. There is buck and fiving going on (this is gold-plated nickle and diming).

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:

Dont wanna start anything, but i really wanna know why is MW2 getting so much hate. Yeah, sure its a bit over rated, but that doesnt mean you have to kill IW. There are tons of other overrated shooters out there too. Resistance:FOM, ODST,KZ2... Also, if you have problem with cheaters, just report them to IW. Oh and using ''Commando'' booster IS NOT CHEATING!!!! So why so much hate for Moern Warfare 2?Is it because B:BC2 will never be rated higher than Modern Warfare game? Or because B:BC2 players get their ass kicked online every time? Or because MW became the most popular series in gaming and that makse JRPG fanboys mad because their favourite genre is going is greatly loosing popularity. Or because MW2 sells more in day 1 than Killzone 2 LTD?

You have got to be fucking kidding me, I just got MAG 2 days ago and its so easy to spot MW2lolzroxor kids, running around like they are a 1 man army getting killed or just running around trying to get a K/D ratio.

Any squad in MAG would rather have a noob that can follow orders then the best MW2 "omgimsol33t" douchbags

Zlejedi said:
Because they don't like dumbed down crappy plot no dedicated servers FPSes sold for rediculus prices with publisher ripping them off on every DLC released ?

this

kjj4t9rdad said:
Zlejedi said:

this

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/modern-warfare-2-dlc-ad-takes-some-liberties/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+KotakuAustralia+%28Kotaku+Australia%29

Exactly what kind of game needs to have the makers produce an ad to get its players to buy it?  The ad says that MW2 players are now suffering from a disorder known as "Mapathy" and the only cure is the Stimulus package.  They even have a faux doctor in the ad showing players affected by this.  And yes, the Stimulus package happens to feature 2 out of the 5 maps being from Call of Duty 4.  How exactly does Mapathy get cured by having 40% of your maps be from a PRIOR version of the game?  Well, it was interesting to see a scene out of the ad that looks like it is from The Blind Side.

I FPS on PC, MW2 is a pile of garbage for a PC game, therefore, I have 0 desire to play it.

richardhutnik said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
Zlejedi said:

this

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/modern-warfare-2-dlc-ad-takes-some-liberties/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+KotakuAustralia+%28Kotaku+Australia%29

Exactly what kind of game needs to have the makers produce an ad to get its players to buy it?  The ad says that MW2 players are now suffering from a disorder known as "Mapathy" and the only cure is the Stimulus package.  They even have a faux doctor in the ad showing players affected by this.  And yes, the Stimulus package happens to feature 2 out of the 5 maps being from Call of Duty 4.  How exactly does Mapathy get cured by having 40% of your maps be from a PRIOR version of the game?  Well, it was interesting to see a scene out of the ad that looks like it is from The Blind Side.

not to mention it's 15 bucks USD, which translates directly into BULLSHIT.