By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many B:BC 2, Killzone 2 and JRPG fanboys hate Modern Warfare 2?

pizzahut451 said:
Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

Also, BBC:2 has probably the worst campaign i've ever played in a FPS game

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its gener

Hall way shooting? Check

Scripted AI? Check

White "bad ass" guy with a mohawk, who never seems to die? Check

Big bad soviet union trying to destroy the world? Check

Awesome atmosphere? Check.

Whats awesome about it? 

HUUUGE battlefield? Check

You mean small cramped hall ways? 

Tons of soldeirs on the screen? Check.

Tons of robot soldiers on screen, all preprogrammed to die a certain way.

Lots of going on on the screen? Check.

4 guys on your  team shooting (your team ALWAYS misses and its up to the player to one man army it and save the day no wonder people rambo out in MP) and 10 enemys shooting, not that much going on.  No vehicles, no random airstrikes, no snipers nothing.

Awesome Spec Ops co-op missions? Check

Zombies are better.

MW2 is generic. BC2 may not have the best SP (Its boring to me) but its far better than the scripted chuck e cheese robots with guns.

have you even played the game? The mission where you fight for White House disproves YOUR WHOLE POST alone.

Really? How so? You do know that if you stay still nothing will happen. Your friendly robots will always shoot and always miss. The enemy never advances unless its scripted. 

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
Mazty said:

Graphics are awful unless you can somehow claim sub 720p resolutions are good graphics

There is a lot more to "good graphics" than just resolution. I'll take a sub 720p game with tons of great effects and nice models over a shitty looking game that runs in 720p, framerate matters too.

I take it you know sweet bugger all about graphics then.....If the resolution is low, you need exceptionally high AA and textures - something MW2 does not have.

Mazty said:

I take it you know sweet bugger all about graphics then.....If the resolution is low, you need exceptionally high AA and textures - something MW2 does not have.

I'll be blunt, you don't know shit about graphics. Resolution matters, but so do textures, models, lighting, animation, physics, particles and countless other things. You would have to be borderline retarded to base the quality of graphics on resolution alone. I can run older games on my PC at much higher resolutions than the 720p equivalent, that doesn't mean they look better than current gen games that have modern sahder effects and higher quality in-game assets but lower resolutions.

PearlJam said:
Mazty said:

I'll be blunt, you don't know shit about graphics. Resolution matters, but so do textures, models, lighting, animation, physics, particles and countless other things. You would have to be borderline retarded to base the quality of graphics on resolution alone. I can run older games on my PC at much higher resolutions than the 720p equivalent, that doesn't mean they look better than current gen games that have modern sahder effects and higher quality in-game assets but lower resolutions.

Are you stupid?

I clearly said textures matters, and at a lower resolution they need to be very high, as well as AA - neither of which is true for MW2.

Mazty said:

Are you stupid?

No, but I'm pretty sure you are.

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
Mazty said:

Are you stupid?

No, but I'm pretty sure you are.

So where did I say a high resolution means good graphics, or did I say MW2 is at a low resolution with little AA and low res textures? Plus find me a native sub 720p game where the graphics are considered good. Oh wait, you won't be able to.

I hate on every FPS except the old ones >_>

Quake and castle wolfenstein, now that were franchises :)

Samus Aran said:

cuz your old school dawg

Akvod said:
Samus Aran said:

cuz your old school dawg

I'm too young to be old school xD

But quake and wolfenstein were one of the few fps I really enjoyed.

Killzone all day everyday for me. Who says its only MW@ that gets hated? I see kz2 hate posts everyday. I played cod4 but after switching to kz2 and trying out mw2 and even BFBC2 beta, I decided to stick with KZ2 for good reason

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler