By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many B:BC 2, Killzone 2 and JRPG fanboys hate Modern Warfare 2?

SmoothCriminal said:
pizzahut451 said:
MrBubbles said:
i dont like modern warfare 2 because it feels like an inferior version of the first modern warfare.

how so? because of the better graphics, more kill streaks, better death strikes, better maps, better weapons ( Akimbo FTW!!!! ) and added Special Ops mode?

More =/= better.

Oblivion has "more" stuff than Morrowind, but Oblivion isn't even half of the game Morrowind is.

i only used word ''more'' once

Around the Network
SmoothCriminal said:
dahuman said:
I FPS on PC, MW2 is a pile of garbage for a PC game, therefore, I have 0 desire to play it.

This.

What's sad is that it's still 10 times better than the console version.

in your opinnion. IMO console FPSs>>>>PC FPSs (mostly because of the controlls)

Severance said:
its dull , its ridiculous the storyline is just movie scenes stuck together and the gameplay is very noob friendly. almost nothing in it is worth buying for.

so something like Final Fantasy XIII?

Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

Also, BBC:2 has probably the worst campaign i've ever played in a FPS game

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its gener

Hall way shooting? Check

Scripted AI? Check

White "bad ass" guy with a mohawk, who never seems to die? Check

Big bad soviet union trying to destroy the world? Check

Awesome atmosphere? Check.

HUUUGE battlefield? Check

Tons of soldeirs on the screen? Check.

Lots of going on on the screen? Check.

Awesome Spec Ops co-op missions? Check

MW2 is generic. BC2 may not have the best SP (Its boring to me) but its far better than the scripted chuck e cheese robots with guns.

The maps are bad, the field of view is awful, the multiplayer is full of lag, multiplayer is unbalanced (level 60 vs level 1, or any high level vs a low level) and the storyline is utter trash which makes no sense.

It's just a really bad game.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
The maps are bad, the field of view is awful, the multiplayer is full of lag, multiplayer is unbalanced (level 60 vs level 1, or any high level vs a low level) and the storyline is utter trash which makes no sense.

i understand your other reasons for hating MW2 (everyone has opinnion) but the bolded one is pure crap. So high level players shouldnt even play the game because of the n00bs who just started the game?

MW2 is a great game. I couldn't care less what others say. However I still play Halo 3 more. They are 2 different types of online, but Halo is so balanced and perfected, I just prefer that.

pizzahut451 said:
Garnett said:
pizzahut451 said:
richardhutnik said:
pizzahut451 said:
Akvod said:
Lol, Battlefield getting their asses kicked? Try playing in a game with no glitching, hacking, n00b t00bing, kills streaks, deaths streaks, but a real emphasis on team work, Destruction 2.0, properly manned vehicles, and skill.

Yes, i always hear people saying ''MW2 sucks,its for n00bs, no skill im gettin BBC2'' and yet they return to MW2 and still get their ass kicked.

Also, BBC:2 has probably the worst campaign i've ever played in a FPS game

It makes more sense than the trainwreck of a single player campaign as MW2.  A ton of production value went into MW2, to back up an incoherent single player storyline.   Both are borderline nonsensical though, but MW2 is far worse.

dont even compare MW2 campaign with BBC2's. MW2's single player has THE BEST atmosphere in any FPS ever, lots of shooting and going on the screen, and tons of action. BBC2 is your typicall ''4 american guys (with the black guy who swears a lot being the boss) kill entire enemy army''. Its boring, its gener

Hall way shooting? Check

Scripted AI? Check

White "bad ass" guy with a mohawk, who never seems to die? Check

Big bad soviet union trying to destroy the world? Check

Awesome atmosphere? Check.

Whats awesome about it? 

HUUUGE battlefield? Check

You mean small cramped hall ways? 

Tons of soldeirs on the screen? Check.

Tons of robot soldiers on screen, all preprogrammed to die a certain way.

Lots of going on on the screen? Check.

4 guys on your  team shooting (your team ALWAYS misses and its up to the player to one man army it and save the day no wonder people rambo out in MP) and 10 enemys shooting, not that much going on.  No vehicles, no random airstrikes, no snipers nothing.

Awesome Spec Ops co-op missions? Check

Zombies are better.

MW2 is generic. BC2 may not have the best SP (Its boring to me) but its far better than the scripted chuck e cheese robots with guns.

pizzahut451 said:
Mazty said:

i understand your other reasons for hating MW2 (everyone has opinnion) but the bolded one is pure crap. So high level players shouldnt even play the game because of the n00bs who just started the game?

Wow how did you come to that bizarre conclusion? How about dedicated servers with a level cap? Unless you really think it's fair that new players  should be pitted against level 40's with thermal scopes and heart beat sensors.

selnor said:
MW2 is a great game. I couldn't care less what others say. However I still play Halo 3 more. They are 2 different types of online, but Halo is so balanced and perfected, I just prefer that.

Great because?

No point in giving an opinion if you don't justify it.