By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I know why the ending of God of War 2 was so frustratingly awful!

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Signalstar said:
God of War II has an awful story so the ending was dumb as well.

OT: You must consider that you plain suck at games Twesterm. Both final bosses were so easy that I consider them pushovers. The QTEs are second nature is there anything that doesn't annoy you?

lolwut ? 

GoW II's story was better imo... Maybe you're just mad because it isn't a cheesy emo-fest JRPG.

GoW II's story was a better representation of Greek Mythology..

Huh I'm not a JRPG fan >_>

God of War had a great story and I actually felt like I had a purpose... GOW II was just Kratos being fucking stupid and I thought he deserved to die. Clearly the game was made with only part 1 in mind and they tacked on the rest! You can even tell they had nothing interesting to reveal like the first game through the CGI. It was like Kratos just randomly facing off against characters from Greek Mythology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I thought you were hardcore gamer

QTE .... come on !

Time to Work !

gekkokamen said:
@OP you should quit gaming, or dedicate yourself to DS or Wii, or something entirely different, like gardening.

but then he might not be able to pick the berries or weeds quickly enough before they die!

theprof00 said:
gekkokamen said:
@OP you should quit gaming, or dedicate yourself to DS or Wii, or something entirely different, like gardening.

but then he might not be able to pick the berries or weeds quickly enough before they die!

LMAO :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

twesterm said:

So I finished God of War 2 last night and boy was I pissed off when the credits finally rolled.

Hold on a second, before I go on, lets go back a bit and say oh yes, there will be spoilers.

So at the end of God of War when you're fighting Aries, at the end you have to do two QTE's that happen so fast you almost just have to press random buttons to get past it, or at least I did.  I just suck so much I couldn't legitimately do those so it took a while.  Luckily, there were only two and the checkpoint was in a good spot so I finally beat.

Fast forward to the end of God of War 2 against Zeus and they do the same damn thing, except this time it's 4 QTE's!  Since there were four, my pressing random buttons was just not going to work.

These damn QTE's happen so quickly that you just don't have time to react and press the button.  Can people even reliably do these?  Anyways, these aren't skill hard, they're just the game being bullshit hard and it's infuriating!  This had me more pissed off than the damn spike room puzzle from the first God of War.

Anyways, after 30 minutes of failing and even trying to switch the game to easy mode (which did nothing for that) I finally get the situation where it gives me four x's in a row!

Rejoice!

So I'm concentrating on the center of the screen waiting for another QTE and then the little mash circle prompt pops on the bottom right.  Before I have time to react since I'm staring to intently at the middle of the screen, I fail.  I have to start all over.

FUCK YOU

I almost break my damn controller out of frustration and just leave the game alone for about 20 minutes and watch some King of the Hill.  I come back and give it another go.  About 15-20 minutes later I finally get another situation where it gives me three square's and an X (the two easiest for me) so I make it through that and immediately start spamming O.

I finally make it through and I am absolutely livid.  I make it through the credits, get my damn trophy, and I seriously consider breaking the disc and don't only because it isn't my disc.

Hours later when I'm in bed I realize something-- I was as pissed as Kratos at end of God of War 2.

That was the genius of the developers.  They made the end so frustratingly shitty that they made you feel the anger Kratos felt.

So congratulations people who made that game whose name escapes me, you succeeded with your shitty QTE's that reinforce my hate for those.  I'm fucking pissed off just like Kratos.

I am in agreement with you on them being frustating. Did not play 3, but I had problems with them in the other. Actually, I do not recall beating the 2nd one.

Around the Network

you call that frusturating! some simple button combination? beat the game on titan! then you have the right to call it frustrating(excluding the QTE's)

arcane_chaos said:
you call that frusturating! some simple button combination? beat the game on titan! then you have the right to call it frustrating(excluding the QTE's)

That corridor before fightign Clotho is still horse poop.

I beat it, but I'll never play God of War II on Titan again.

Signalstar said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Signalstar said:
God of War II has an awful story so the ending was dumb as well.

OT: You must consider that you plain suck at games Twesterm. Both final bosses were so easy that I consider them pushovers. The QTEs are second nature is there anything that doesn't annoy you?

lolwut ? 

GoW II's story was better imo... Maybe you're just mad because it isn't a cheesy emo-fest JRPG.

GoW II's story was a better representation of Greek Mythology..

Huh I'm not a JRPG fan >_>

God of War had a great story and I actually felt like I had a purpose... GOW II was just Kratos being fucking stupid and I thought he deserved to die. Clearly the game was made with only part 1 in mind and they tacked on the rest! You can even tell they had nothing interesting to reveal like the first game through the CGI. It was like Kratos just randomly facing off against characters from Greek Mythology.

Truth be told.. I thought the "I thought my wife and child were backin Sparta" part in I was incredibly lame...

Kratos' arrogance is a common characteristic seen in many Greek tragedy stories.... Kratos is by no means the good guy here, it just shows the lust for power and the subsequent struggle between the gods caused by it....

The position of the god of war has been extremely tricky as seen in the first 2 games...and Kratos' anger towards Ares has been moved towards the other gods because of his ignorance and arrogance, I guess...

The whole father vs son thing as seen in Greek Mythology being incorporated into the game is a big plus to me.... In terms of Kratos, the story is not very good...but in terms of the whole thing, the bigger picture... I thought it was fucking awesome.

With the whole Sisters of Fate thing and re-igniting the Great War (Titans vs Gods) is a massive "win" imo... I can say some more stuff but I just cannot be assed...unlike the thread creator who always feels the urge to post whiny threads to complain about things that annoy him, but is not something most others would care about at all....

Man, you should improve on your reflexes. I think you play other consoles for which you don't actually remember the button positions. If you did, there wouldn't be any problem.

For QTE it's rather important to know the controller. If you don't use your PS enough, you might have problems.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising