By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I know why the ending of God of War 2 was so frustratingly awful!

How old are you? maybe thats the problem.

Around the Network

QTE's are not that hard at all...I had no problem hitting the buttons on screen in time for any God of War game. Its all about timing and reflexes. It honestly isn't that difficult.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

iLLmaticV3 said:
QTE's are not that hard at all...I had no problem hitting the buttons on screen in time for any God of War game. Its all about timing and reflexes. It honestly isn't that difficult.

This is the 6th or 7th time I've seen this. Yes, we get that QTE's aren't difficult FOR YOU. For some of us they don't click as well, I am a pretty damned good gamer, I've been doing it for 27 years and I challange anyone here to get 1,000,000 points on Kaboom! from the Atari 2600 and then talk to me about effing "reflexes". People have differing skills and abilities, and we tend to get better at things we LIKE doing, and do the bare minimum at things we don't like/annoy us. Go be a l33t gamer somewhere else and let us pathetic humans complain about things we don't like.

Sorry that you're getting the brunt of this iLLmatic, but I hate people thinking that because something is easy for them there must be something wrong with someone that it's not easy for.

What? The QTEs are EASY, I don't think I died a single time during Zeus' QTEs... Also you should NEVER play Heavenly Sword then, man you got practicly no time to respond on that one.

CommonMan said:
iLLmaticV3 said:

This is the 6th or 7th time I've seen this. Yes, we get that QTE's aren't difficult FOR YOU. For some of us they don't click as well, I am a pretty damned good gamer, I've been doing it for 27 years and I challange anyone here to get 1,000,000 points on Kaboom! from the Atari 2600 and then talk to me about effing "reflexes". People have differing skills and abilities, and we tend to get better at things we LIKE doing, and do the bare minimum at things we don't like/annoy us. Go be a l33t gamer somewhere else and let us pathetic humans complain about things we don't like.

Sorry that you're getting the brunt of this iLLmatic, but I hate people thinking that because something is easy for them there must be something wrong with someone that it's not easy for.

Yeah, I ignore those people.  I may suck at QTE's and you think that could say something about my reaction times but play me in Tetris where I can whip most people but the incredibly crazy good Japanese people and tell me that again (mainly because I've never tried too hard to learn how to setup T-Spins on purpose). 

I guarantee you that if you see me play Tetris you won't say I have bad reaction times. 

And I shouldn't play Heavenly Sword but that's mainly because it's not a good game.

Around the Network
Christhor said:
What? The QTEs are EASY, I don't think I died a single time during Zeus' QTEs... Also you should NEVER play Heavenly Sword then, man you got practicly no time to respond on that one.

That is odd, I had zero issues with Heavenly sword, and yet I had the same issues twestrem had in the Zeus battle.

Maybe I was just in a different mindset while playing it. Who knows. I just know it frustrated the living shit outa me.

Sounds cliche judging by some of the comments I have read but,

Dude QTEs in GoW are easy! lol seriously I have yet to play a game with QTEs that were to hard to handle, hell even heavy rain was fun and rather easy.

The beauty of GOW3 is that the buttons you press for the QTE are presented on screen in accordance to the button layout on the controller. You don't even have to be familiar with the symbol layout like you do on the first two games. If the icon appears at the top of the screen you press the top face button, at the right of the screen the right face button, etc. This is a fantastic improvement because first, it's much, much easier and second it allows you to actually watch the action on-screen without even having to concentrate on what icon is flashing or having to look at the controller.

CGI-Quality said:
twesterm said:
CommonMan said:
iLLmaticV3 said:

Yeah, I ignore those people.  I may suck at QTE's and you think that could say something about my reaction times but play me in Tetris where I can whip most people but the incredibly crazy good Japanese people and tell me that again (mainly because I've never tried too hard to learn how to setup T-Spins on purpose). 

I guarantee you that if you see me play Tetris you won't say I have bad reaction times. 

And I shouldn't play Heavenly Sword but that's mainly because it's not a good game.

TO YOU of course.

In fact, isn't that a little contradictory? How do you know if it's not good if you haven't played it?

I played the demo and my comment was more a joke than anything. 

The buttons appear in one corner of the screen. Press the buttons as they appear.

It's like Guitar Hero, but 1/5 as difficult.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective