By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I know why the ending of God of War 2 was so frustratingly awful!

So I finished God of War 2 last night and boy was I pissed off when the credits finally rolled.

Hold on a second, before I go on, lets go back a bit and say oh yes, there will be spoilers.

So at the end of God of War when you're fighting Aries, at the end you have to do two QTE's that happen so fast you almost just have to press random buttons to get past it, or at least I did.  I just suck so much I couldn't legitimately do those so it took a while.  Luckily, there were only two and the checkpoint was in a good spot so I finally beat.

Fast forward to the end of God of War 2 against Zeus and they do the same damn thing, except this time it's 4 QTE's!  Since there were four, my pressing random buttons was just not going to work.

These damn QTE's happen so quickly that you just don't have time to react and press the button.  Can people even reliably do these?  Anyways, these aren't skill hard, they're just the game being bullshit hard and it's infuriating!  This had me more pissed off than the damn spike room puzzle from the first God of War.

Anyways, after 30 minutes of failing and even trying to switch the game to easy mode (which did nothing for that) I finally get the situation where it gives me four x's in a row!

Rejoice!

So I'm concentrating on the center of the screen waiting for another QTE and then the little mash circle prompt pops on the bottom right.  Before I have time to react since I'm staring to intently at the middle of the screen, I fail.  I have to start all over.

FUCK YOU

I almost break my damn controller out of frustration and just leave the game alone for about 20 minutes and watch some King of the Hill.  I come back and give it another go.  About 15-20 minutes later I finally get another situation where it gives me three square's and an X (the two easiest for me) so I make it through that and immediately start spamming O.

I finally make it through and I am absolutely livid.  I make it through the credits, get my damn trophy, and I seriously consider breaking the disc and don't only because it isn't my disc.

Hours later when I'm in bed I realize something-- I was as pissed as Kratos at end of God of War 2.

That was the genius of the developers.  They made the end so frustratingly shitty that they made you feel the anger Kratos felt.

So congratulations people who made that game whose name escapes me, you succeeded with your shitty QTE's that reinforce my hate for those.  I'm fucking pissed off just like Kratos.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

That was the genius of the developers.  They made the end so frustratingly shitty that they made you feel the anger Kratos felt.

Can't say I didn't laugh when I read this.

OT: Sony hater rabble rabble rabble!

twesterm, why shouldn't you just abandon anything Playstation related? All the hate I see coming from you these days, is against the Playstation family.. Really, instead of writing all these rants, u should just go and enjoy ur (Gaming) PC, 360 &nd Wii

wow, is it so hard to press 4 buttons?

SO the ending was bad because you suck at QTEs?

I found them to be pretty damn easy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Twesterm you sound like you are not very good at God of War.

The QTE's are the easiest part of the game..

mM
pizzahut451 said:
wow, is it so hard to press 4 buttons?

Have you played that part?  It's brutal.  I guess I must just suck at QTE's and I'm fine with that because QTE's suck.

They literally give you no time at all to react and it's just bullshit.  There's no skill in it, it's just reaction time and knowing the controller.  It's stupid and it sucks.  I had to watch that damn cut scene where Zeus hits you with the sword and the part where you hits you with lightning and you spam O even though it does nothing I could probably still recite the whole damn thing.

In general, the QTE's are easy, but those ones they just give you no time.  I've even asked people around the office just to make sure I'm not crazy and they all have said (even the huge God of War fans) that part sucked balls with most of them wanting to rage quit like me. 

So I guess congrats to yall that say it's easy, you succeed at one of the worst trends in gaming.

Oh I know what part that is, the part with athena I think.. idk

yea its pretty hard, then again I played a it on ps2 on ps3, so I thought the controller's input lag was fucking it up

mM

lol, you suck

How can you mess up GOW QTEs? They are very easy

Dude whats ur response time? 2 seconds :P

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)