By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What religion are you in?

A strong athiest.

And I can't believe that some members haven't met athiests before! Most of my entire extended family are athiest (excluding my grandparents generation, who believe in a God, but not are all Christian).

I can count the Christians I have met on a single hand.

Around the Network

A Rigist.

The Book of Rigism—Teachings

1. Everyone is WINNER until proven LOSER.
2. You do not need to denounce your original faith in order to become a Rigist.
3. Level 4 is to be kept secret within WINNERs.
4. Violence is not the answer, unless it is against a LOSER (gs)er.
5. YOU’RE WINNER!

bdbdbd said:
thetonestarr said:
Everybody here (including those that believe in God/a god) needs to read a book called I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Norman L. Geisler and Frank Turek.

What if i do have? Is this book some pseudo-scientific book from a couple of christian fundamentalists?

No, it's a legitimately scientific book from a couple of guys who were atheist authors that originally tried going about writing a book to disprove Christianity/faith-systems.

SW-5120-1900-6153

konnichiwa said:
NJ5 said:

I was raised as a catholic, but now...

Huh ... MOOMMM!!

Man I loled so loud at this :P

Anyways , Im a christian , more exactly Roman Catholic :) 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

You can't disprove things which are based on faith. It's like disproving the existence of Santa Claus, it's just not possible.

Personally, I think that if God exists, it's a computer programmer (if you want to reply to me please read the Simulation Argument first; you might get shocked though).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

No single belief system is close to what I believe about the world.

At the same there are really only three belief systems anyway since Christ was the son of a Jewish carpenter and is revered by over 1 billion people, and since the Koran instructs Muslims to respect people of the book.

Belief system one is basically "The Bible".  Then you either accept Jesus and or Mohammed, or you reject both of them.

Belief system two is the Hindu/Buddhist ideology.  Buddhism is similar to Christianity in that it attempts to remove the religously limiting legal restrictions from the older religion.

The last system is essentially just the rejection of the other two branches of ideology completely.

If I had to pick I'd nominally go along with the original thinkers.  So I'd take Greek logic, Jewish ideas about the nature of life, and Hindu ideas about the systematics behind the nature of life.

Doesn't really matter to me though since I don't really care why the universe or life exist...just kind of happy that they do.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

thetonestarr said:
bdbdbd said:
thetonestarr said:
Everybody here (including those that believe in God/a god) needs to read a book called I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Norman L. Geisler and Frank Turek.

What if i do have? Is this book some pseudo-scientific book from a couple of christian fundamentalists?

No, it's a legitimately scientific book from a couple of guys who were atheist authors that originally tried going about writing a book to disprove Christianity/faith-systems.

I still have my doubts, but have to look for it. Although, to me it sounds like that they had the wrong view to start with.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Wow. I'm from lebanon myself, quite a few from my region:D... never knew we had some hardcore gamers.

SamuelRSmith said:
A strong athiest.

And I can't believe that some members haven't met athiests before! Most of my entire extended family are athiest (excluding my grandparents generation, who believe in a God, but not are all Christian).

I can count the Christians I have met on a single hand.

Thats about me right?

You misunderstood, I have never met a true 'strong' atheist before, that is somebody who completely denies the possibility of a god. All my family (including me) are weak atheists.

Buddhist and know I dont beleive we all get reserected and live on earth afterwards, theres no room