By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo launch in 2011-12 starting the next gen with monster power?

Should Nintendo launch in 2011-12 starting the next gen with monster power?

Launch in 2011- early 12 ... 115 63.89%

Launch in 2011, just larg... 42 23.33%

Re-release current Wii in 2011, just with HD 23 12.78%

Total:180
Mazty said:
vaio said:

i am notr backin anything more up then I allready have untill you start backing up atleast 1 of your claims, you have been going on for several pages asking people to back things up yet you havrn´t backed up a thing, so its logical that it is your turn to back up your claims or there is only one conclusion you make things up to suit your agenda and your ass is a numbers and bullsit creator rhat shits out claims tgat are bollocks.

So show us you are a serious gamer and debater and show some supporting evidence for all your bold claims.

Okay, let's get down what we are claiming and what we know:

I am saying the next wii will have to be more than just an improved wii as it is not for hardcore gamers, so taking a hardcore gamer approach to a new console (just improve the hardware) makes no sense. Nintendo allready said that the next xonsole will have something more then HD only improvement
I say it is not for the hardcore because the wii offers no genre defying games (other than wii fit really), whereas other gaming platforms offer genre defying and revolutionary games, ergo hardcore gamers will go where the best games are, not where the casual games are. I said that the Wii has a broad audience wich includes Hardcore, core, casual and new gamers, it isnt aimed at the hardcore only and I am willing to bet that a Nintendo console will never again be aimed at the hardcore only and will continue to serve as broad audience as possible.

You claim the wii is for the hardcore because the pad can be used as a lightgun and a steering wheel, two accessories which have been around since the PS1. You have yet to say how the wii is revolutionary, and clearly have no idea about what is revoltionary nowadays mainly due to the fact you haven't played the games considered to be genre benchmarks. Never said anything about lightgun but lots about fps and sports games but you can continue to ignore that as I will continut to ignore you untill you stop ignoring my answers By the way I can give you 3 examples of genre bechmarks the wii has done this far: Supermario galaxy the best plattformer this gen according to the grades it has gotten and depending on where you look it either the best graded game or 2nd best graded game, Tiger woods golf the best golf game out there and NSMB Wii. Now you can go and refute that and dissaprove but it doesnt make it less true and it will be fun watching you ask the same question again in a post or two

There we are. So are you going to show how the wii is for the hardcore, something Nintendo even said it's not particuarly good at, or just going to trash talk PS3, PC and 360 games? I havent trash talked any of those plattforms the only one trashtalking here is you

There you go now its your turn what relevant studies shows that most wii´s are collecting dust? or that hardcore gamers havent bought a wii?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
Roma said:
Mazty said:
vaio said:

ask and answered

where are links to prove your stand? I wont discuss your imaginary claims.

The only games  I haven´t played are the ones on ps3 the rest are not only played but finnished more then once and you would know this if you spent more time here besides trolling the wii.

So its safe to say you have no more arguments as you go in circles and refuse to provide links to your claims?

No you simply lied by saying that Killzone 2, Gears of War, Heavy Rain, Resistance 2, MGS4 etc have done nothing new for gaming. That's not telling me what games on the wii are benchmark games for a specific genre is it?

Oh you haven't played Resistance 2 etc, yet you claim that they've been done before. Congratualtions for being knowingly ignorant.

What claims? The wii has no hardcore games? Well I said & say it doesn't because it's hardware does not provide the capacity for hardcore games. You claim the wii does have hardcore and have yet to back this up.

So PLEASE back up your claim that the wii is for the hardcore by showing me how the wii offers genre defining games, or just accept it's a console for the casual and so next gen Nintendo will have to approach a new console from a different angle than the usual "let's just make the hardware better".

Seriously? What? You still say that a machine can be limited to no be able to produce hardcore games? What do you base “hardcore” on? On the graphics? Well I assume you do as the Wii is less capable than the other. well by your logic the PS2 was less capable than the GC so I can say it only had casual games or do you disagree? Of course you disagree as it does not work in you favor :P

You seriously think Monster hunter is casual? Super Mario Galaxy? No More heroes 1 and 2? The Conduit?  Metroid Prime 3?

All the games above plus more prove that you really don’t know what you are talking about!

I don’t get Sony fanboys. First they say Nintendo is kiddy and when little big planet comes they love it. They talked shit about the Wii mote and when Sony copies it they go crazy about it. They just say what their company says as Sony always clamed Nintendo being kiddy and said a lot of crap about the Wii mote.

Lol I just said to other to ignore you but it is hard when your so ignorant and I agree with Vaio it is kind of fun :P

Christ - Hardware limits important features like AI, graphics., physics etc and stop trying to pretend graphics don't matter. In every game graphic are important for immersion, and in some more important due to realism being a factor, e.g. sports games.

The wii is far, far worse than the other consoles, so don't say something innane like comparing the minor differences in power between the consoles of the last generation.

Super Mario Galazy is a great platformer I won't argue that, nor that No more Heros (totally forgot about it) is a by any stetch bad, BUT the conduit is ******* awful and Metroid Prime is a resounding meh. Plus even looking at no more heroes, does it do anything new or interesting? Nothing that pops to mind, and this is my point. The wii is fine for casual gamers, but for the hardcore who like to see game development and such, the wii offers nothing more than a versatile pad that's a basic pad, light gun and steering wheel combined, with some sketchy motions.

LBP is kiddy, so I'm not going to argue there, but it just does more for the genre then Super Mario Galaxy, as it has full physics, online map making & sharing, online play and so on.

Unfortunaly with you and Vaio you clearly have played very, very few "hardcore" games as you haven't been aware of how many 360/PS3 games have raised the benchmark for game genres.

vaio said:
Mazty said:
vaio said:

i am notr backin anything more up then I allready have untill you start backing up atleast 1 of your claims, you have been going on for several pages asking people to back things up yet you havrn´t backed up a thing, so its logical that it is your turn to back up your claims or there is only one conclusion you make things up to suit your agenda and your ass is a numbers and bullsit creator rhat shits out claims tgat are bollocks.

So show us you are a serious gamer and debater and show some supporting evidence for all your bold claims.

I am saying the next wii will have to be more than just an improved wii as it is not for hardcore gamers, so taking a hardcore gamer approach to a new console (just improve the hardware) makes no sense. Nintendo allready said that the next xonsole will have something more then HD only improvement
I say it is not for the hardcore because the wii offers no genre defying games (other than wii fit really), whereas other gaming platforms offer genre defying and revolutionary games, ergo hardcore gamers will go where the best games are, not where the casual games are. I said that the Wii has a broad audience wich includes Hardcore, core, casual and new gamers, it isnt aimed at the hardcore only and I am willing to bet that a Nintendo console will never again be aimed at the hardcore only and will continue to serve as broad audience as possible.

You claim the wii is for the hardcore because the pad can be used as a lightgun and a steering wheel, two accessories which have been around since the PS1. You have yet to say how the wii is revolutionary, and clearly have no idea about what is revoltionary nowadays mainly due to the fact you haven't played the games considered to be genre benchmarks. Never said anything about lightgun but lots about fps and sports games but you can continue to ignore that as I will continut to ignore you untill you stop ignoring my answers By the way I can give you 3 examples of genre bechmarks the wii has done this far: Supermario galaxy the best plattformer this gen according to the grades it has gotten and depending on where you look it either the best graded game or 2nd best graded game, Tiger woods golf the best golf game out there and NSMB Wii. Now you can go and refute that and dissaprove but it doesnt make it less true and it will be fun watching you ask the same question again in a post or two

There we are. So are you going to show how the wii is for the hardcore, something Nintendo even said it's not particuarly good at, or just going to trash talk PS3, PC and 360 games? I havent trash talked any of those plattforms the only one trashtalking here is you

There you go now its your turn what relevant studies shows that most wii´s are collecting dust? or that hardcore gamers havent bought a wii?

Well more than HD doesn't really tell us a lot does it...?

How does the wii have a broad audience? Casual gamers, yes. Hardcore? No - the wii has no genre defying games, and last I checked the hardcore gamers would go for these types of games, not casual "it'll do games".

The wiimote in "FPS mode" acts exactly like a light gun and therefore has all the problems of one, so dont try to act as if it's anything special.

Super Mario Galaxy was good, certianly, but one game, and LBP offers more in terms of online play, map making etc. Tiger woods golf is on all consoles so you arguing that motion controls make it more realisitic even though the graphics are god awful? It seems a trade off instead of a complete improvement for all the sports games, and more so for any which don't support wiimotion+.
NSMB Wii does absolutly nothing new or revolutionary so how the hell can you consider it a benchmark game or revolutionary for the genre?

You have trashed talked the other platforms by claiming they've done nothing new, when infact that was just your utter lack of knowledge of the games shinning through.

Mazty said:
Roma said:
Mazty said:
vaio said:

ask and answered

where are links to prove your stand? I wont discuss your imaginary claims.

The only games  I haven´t played are the ones on ps3 the rest are not only played but finnished more then once and you would know this if you spent more time here besides trolling the wii.

So its safe to say you have no more arguments as you go in circles and refuse to provide links to your claims?

No you simply lied by saying that Killzone 2, Gears of War, Heavy Rain, Resistance 2, MGS4 etc have done nothing new for gaming. That's not telling me what games on the wii are benchmark games for a specific genre is it?

Oh you haven't played Resistance 2 etc, yet you claim that they've been done before. Congratualtions for being knowingly ignorant.

What claims? The wii has no hardcore games? Well I said & say it doesn't because it's hardware does not provide the capacity for hardcore games. You claim the wii does have hardcore and have yet to back this up.

So PLEASE back up your claim that the wii is for the hardcore by showing me how the wii offers genre defining games, or just accept it's a console for the casual and so next gen Nintendo will have to approach a new console from a different angle than the usual "let's just make the hardware better".

Seriously? What? You still say that a machine can be limited to no be able to produce hardcore games? What do you base “hardcore” on? On the graphics? Well I assume you do as the Wii is less capable than the other. well by your logic the PS2 was less capable than the GC so I can say it only had casual games or do you disagree? Of course you disagree as it does not work in you favor :P

You seriously think Monster hunter is casual? Super Mario Galaxy? No More heroes 1 and 2? The Conduit?  Metroid Prime 3?

All the games above plus more prove that you really don’t know what you are talking about!

I don’t get Sony fanboys. First they say Nintendo is kiddy and when little big planet comes they love it. They talked shit about the Wii mote and when Sony copies it they go crazy about it. They just say what their company says as Sony always clamed Nintendo being kiddy and said a lot of crap about the Wii mote.

Lol I just said to other to ignore you but it is hard when your so ignorant and I agree with Vaio it is kind of fun :P

Christ - Hardware limits important features like AI, graphics., physics etc and stop trying to pretend graphics don't matter. In every game graphic are important for immersion, and in some more important due to realism being a factor, e.g. sports games.

The wii is far, far worse than the other consoles, so don't say something innane like comparing the minor differences in power between the consoles of the last generation.

Super Mario Galazy is a great platformer I won't argue that, nor that No more Heros (totally forgot about it) is a by any stetch bad, BUT the conduit is ******* awful and Metroid Prime is a resounding meh. Plus even looking at no more heroes, does it do anything new or interesting? Nothing that pops to mind, and this is my point. The wii is fine for casual gamers, but for the hardcore who like to see game development and such, the wii offers nothing more than a versatile pad that's a basic pad, light gun and steering wheel combined, with some sketchy motions.

LBP is kiddy, so I'm not going to argue there, but it just does more for the genre then Super Mario Galaxy, as it has full physics, online map making & sharing, online play and so on.

Unfortunaly with you and Vaio you clearly have played very, very few "hardcore" games as you haven't been aware of how many 360/PS3 games have raised the benchmark for game genres.

Far, far worse in your opinion maybe

And no the hard wear does not limit what type of games it can do like “hardcore” or “casual”

All those limitations you are talking about did not hinder the PS2 to have hardcore games. Well yes I will compare old and new hard ware to prove you wrong. If hardcore games could be done on PS2 then they can be done on Wii.

AI and graphics aren’t only limited to hard wear but also how much effort the developers want to put in the games.

Look at Monster hunter and Mario Galaxy and some other games. Mario has even been said to be comparable graphically to many of the HD games  

Yes the Conduit is crap but crap does not mean it is not for the hardcore which is why I included it in the first place.  

So let’s say a hardcore game from the past has been ported to the Wii will it automatically turn in to a casual game? like RF4 or Okami? Are they not hardcore?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

People didn’t buy the Wii as a rejection of better graphics or of certain genres of games, they bought the Wii to embrace its values; and the two most important values are accessible game-play  and local multiplayer. While I don’t have exact figures, somewhere around 60% to 65% of Million selling Wii games have significant 4-player local multiplayer modes; and at least half of the remaining million selling games have a local 2 player mode. I don’t think it would be outrageous to claim that local-multiplayer is the most important feature to gamers on the Wii, and yet it is the first feature dropped in most of the "Harcore" failures on the system; and no one ever thinks that there is a relationship there.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
vaio said:
Mazty said:
vaio said:

How does the wii have a broad audience? Casual gamers, yes. Hardcore? No Prove that there is more then enough proof on this site to prove you wrong - the wii has no genre defying games, and last I checked the hardcore gamers would go for these types of games, not casual "it'll do games". Its your opinion and you cant prove it while sales prove you wrong

The wiimote in "FPS mode" acts exactly like a light gun and therefore has all the problems of one, so dont try to act as if it's anything special. No it doenst and you only have to play a game to know that and To put it basically, pointing is more accurate, precise and natural. As a parallel, the Wiimote has more lag than the PS3 pad, but there's no doubt that you can point and shoot at opponents far more quickly in the Wii rendition of Call of Duty 4, for example. Light gun games are on rails and MWCoD4 is not on rails i would like to see you controll an FPS game with an lightgun it would be fun to watch you

To point and shoot opponents more accurate and precise and more naturall is what a real gamer wants in an FPS and thats what the wii has provided for consoles now wii and soon move will have accuracy at the same level as a mouse controlled fps and they both beat pads

Super Mario Galaxy was good, certianly, but one game, and LBP offers more in terms of online play, map making etc. Tiger woods golf is on all consoles so you arguing that motion controls make it more realisitic even though the graphics are god awful? It seems a trade off instead of a complete improvement for all the sports games, and more so for any which don't support wiimotion+.  Tiger woods golf game has wimotion+ and has been hailed by critics to be a golf game as it should be can you say that about hd version? No you cant. maybe soon you can with the move controller
NSMB Wii does absolutly nothing new or revolutionary so how the hell can you consider it a benchmark game or revolutionary for the genre? In your oppinion sales and gamers beg to differ. If you actually played it all the way through you would know

You have trashed talked the other platforms by claiming they've done nothing new, when infact that was just your utter lack of knowledge of the games shinning through. That is not trashtalk that was a fact there is not a game or genre that hasnt been done before on pc and thats what I said. consoles have only improved existing genres from pc games and thats why i dont talk about pc especially in a discusion about consoles and how console gamers will buy next gen Nintendo console

Now good to be talking to you but you seem to like to go in circles like a dog chasing his own tail and I dont like it so it was fun as long as you had any arguments but now that you are harping the same ones even after they have been answered its not fun anymore.

I feel sad for you that you cant go outside of graphics and the few genres you like to see what gaming actually is and try and enjoy all kind of games but that will probably change when you grow up I know it did for me and I am enjoying gaming more now then I did then when I had the same views like you do now.

To show how broad my gaming world is compared to yours I will give you aome examples of games I play and finished lately:

MW2 5 times finished, 

MW 1 4 times on hd and another 3 on wii

Battlefield bad company 2 finished 3 times didnt like the first one.

Bioshock 1 finishe 3 times loved this game one of my favorites this gen

Bioshock 2 finished it 3 days ago once

Metro 2033 playing it at the moment

Just dance awesome game

Mario kart Finished it at least 3 times and played 100´s of hours online

Red steal 1 finished it 5 times

Red steal 2 finished it today

FF crystal bearers playing it currently

Wiifit and wiifit+ every morning

Yoga also every morning

Wii sport

Wii sport resort

New supermario bros wii

RE 5 finishe 7 times and done all the extras both single and multiplayer

Big brain academy once every 2 days

de blob finished it once

Dead space hd version finshed it twice

dawn of discovery currently playing

Endleas ocean currenly playing

Fatal frame 4 currently playing

Fire emblem currently playin almost finished it

The godfather finished it once

kittke kings story

Madworld finished it twice

Metroid prime trilogy finished it 3 times will soon start a 4th playthrough

NFS under cover

NMH 1 finished it twice

NMH 2 got bored of it but will finish it atleast once

Pikmin raving rabbids all of them but the first one is the most awesome and gets played regulary

RE4 finished it 14 times and will play it again later

Scarface wii version finished it 7 times

Silent hill finished it 5 times

Super mario galaxy finished it once

Super monkey ball

Tiger wood 2010 wii version

Splinter cell double agent wii version

Zack 6 wiki

Tenchu

FF x111 didnt like will probably never play it again

Dragon age origins currently playing

Halo 3 finshed it 2 times

Assasinc creed 1 finished it twice will play the second one when i get more time

Fifa xbox version

Dante´s inferno finishe it twice

Gears of war 1 finished it twice

Gears of war 2 finished in 6 times and done all the extras didnt really like the first one but this was an amazing game

GTA 4 finished it once

Darksiders finished it 3 times really loved this game

There you go those are the games ive played the last 6 months or longer there are more games but just to show you how much you can enjoy gaming if you just stop being so closed minded.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Roma said:
Mazty said:

Far, far worse in your opinion maybe

And no the hard wear does not limit what type of games it can do like “hardcore” or “casual”

All those limitations you are talking about did not hinder the PS2 to have hardcore games. Well yes I will compare old and new hard ware to prove you wrong. If hardcore games could be done on PS2 then they can be done on Wii.

AI and graphics aren’t only limited to hard wear but also how much effort the developers want to put in the games.

Look at Monster hunter and Mario Galaxy and some other games. Mario has even been said to be comparable graphically to many of the HD games  

Yes the Conduit is crap but crap does not mean it is not for the hardcore which is why I included it in the first place.  

So let’s say a hardcore game from the past has been ported to the Wii will it automatically turn in to a casual game? like RF4 or Okami? Are they not hardcore?

No the graphics are far, far worse because wii games have no AA and a 480p resolution as well as no procedurals etc.

Hardware doesn't limit what genre the console can do, but it serverly limits it. Take FPS' for an example. In an FPS a key element for it to be good is to have good AI - the CPU limits this and as the wii CPU is attrocious, the AI is very limited, and therefore is likely not to present a challenge to hardcore players, therefore making the game boring, rendering the point of the game a waste.

The PS2 had hardcore games BUT gamers expectations have increased since last generation, meaning if you were to port a hardcore game to the wii, say Killzone, all hardcore gamers would say it's a pile of **** because the AI is bad, the graphics are bad etc. This is because games are judged to what is around them at the time of release and prior. So in that sense however, a game like Shadow of the Colossus is still amazing, although it is graphically pants, because there has not been a game like it since. However when Last Guardian is released, gamers expectations may again rise, therefore rendering Shadow of the Colossus, like many other games, good for their time.

No, Mario Galaxy is no way near the graphics of games like Heavy Rain, Gears of War etc. There's no point arguing this, the hardware speaks for itself.

True the Conduit is for hardcore gamers, but the wii seems to lack good games for quality gamers which is my point.

As for porting the an old ps2 game to the wii, see the third para.

vaio said:
Mazty said:

How does the wii have a broad audience? Casual gamers, yes. Hardcore? No Prove that there is more then enough proof on this site to prove you wrong - the wii has no genre defying games, and last I checked the hardcore gamers would go for these types of games, not casual "it'll do games". Its your opinion and you cant prove it while sales prove you wrong

The wiimote in "FPS mode" acts exactly like a light gun and therefore has all the problems of one, so dont try to act as if it's anything special. No it doenst and you only have to play a game to know that and To put it basically, pointing is more accurate, precise and natural. As a parallel, the Wiimote has more lag than the PS3 pad, but there's no doubt that you can point and shoot at opponents far more quickly in the Wii rendition of Call of Duty 4, for example. Light gun games are on rails and MWCoD4 is not on rails i would like to see you controll an FPS game with an lightgun it would be fun to watch you

To point and shoot opponents more accurate and precise and more naturall is what a real gamer wants in an FPS and thats what the wii has provided for consoles now wii and soon move will have accuracy at the same level as a mouse controlled fps and they both beat pads

Super Mario Galaxy was good, certianly, but one game, and LBP offers more in terms of online play, map making etc. Tiger woods golf is on all consoles so you arguing that motion controls make it more realisitic even though the graphics are god awful? It seems a trade off instead of a complete improvement for all the sports games, and more so for any which don't support wiimotion+.  Tiger woods golf game has wimotion+ and has been hailed by critics to be a golf game as it should be can you say that about hd version? No you cant. maybe soon you can with the move controller
NSMB Wii does absolutly nothing new or revolutionary so how the hell can you consider it a benchmark game or revolutionary for the genre? In your oppinion sales and gamers beg to differ. If you actually played it all the way through you would know

You have trashed talked the other platforms by claiming they've done nothing new, when infact that was just your utter lack of knowledge of the games shinning through. That is not trashtalk that was a fact there is not a game or genre that hasnt been done before on pc and thats what I said. consoles have only improved existing genres from pc games and thats why i dont talk about pc especially in a discusion about consoles and how console gamers will buy next gen Nintendo console

Now good to be talking to you but you seem to like to go in circles like a dog chasing his own tail and I dont like it so it was fun as long as you had any arguments but now that you are harping the same ones even after they have been answered its not fun anymore.

I feel sad for you that you cant go outside of graphics and the few genres you like to see what gaming actually is and try and enjoy all kind of games but that will probably change when you grow up I know it did for me and I am enjoying gaming more now then I did then when I had the same views like you do now.

To show how broad my gaming world is compared to yours I will give you aome examples of games I play and finished lately:

MW2 5 times finished,   Played, completed on 2nd hardest difficulty, done spec ops and level 60 something on multiplayer

MW 1 4 times on hd and another 3 on wii  Multiplatform

Battlefield bad company 2 finished 3 times didnt like the first one. Multiplatform

Bioshock 1 finishe 3 times loved this game one of my favorites this gen Multiplatform

Bioshock 2 finished it 3 days ago once Multiplatform

Metro 2033 playing it at the moment Multiplatform/majorly toned down for 360 and I doubt you have a 5800+ card for it on PC

Just dance awesome game   In your world perhaps - casual game at any rate

Mario kart Finished it at least 3 times and played 100´s of hours online Worst. Racing. Game. Ever. Blue shell anyone? Played it and completed it X amount of times in local multiplayer. Nice to see all the hundreds of new maps. Oh wait...

Red steal 1 finished it 5 times Does nothing new for FPS'

Red steal 2 finished it today Does nothing new for FPS'

Yoga also every morning

Wii sport Awful - really shows how the wii doesn't track real space posistion.

Wii sport  See above

New supermario bros wii Does nothing new for the genre at all

RE 5 finishe 7 times and done all the extras both single and multiplayer Multiplatform

Big brain academy once every 2 days Proven waste of time

de blob finished it once

Dead space hd version finshed it twice  Multiplatform

kittke kings story

NFS under cover

NMH 1 finished it twice

Pikmin raving rabbids all of them but the first one is the most awesome and gets played regulary

Super monkey ball

Zack 6 wiki

Tenchu

Assasinc creed 1 finished it twice will play the second one when i get more time

Fifa xbox version

Gears of war 2 finished in 6 times and done all the extras didnt really like the first one but this was an amazing game

GTA 4 finished it once

There you go those are the games ive played the last 6 months or longer there are more games but just to show you how much you can enjoy gaming if you just stop being so closed minded.

Someone's got too much spare time, plus that list is thoroughly unimpressive as most the games are multiplatform, not to mention you've played no PS3 exclusives.

I couldn't be arsed going through your entire list, but if there is an exclusive on the 360 or PS3 I've most likely played it, and likely to have completed it as well and given multiplayer and long spin. As for the Wii I've played Wii party, Sport, Fit, SSBBWii, NSMB, Mario Kart, Speed Racer, Big Brain Academy, House of the Dead, Super Mario Galaxy, F1 something and so on.

Guess what - none of the wii games you've mentioned are genre benchmarks so WHY woudl a hardcore gamer own a wii? Certainly not for the hardcore games, that's for sure.

Ps check ouy my collection - all done and dusted, and most are reguarded as benchmark games, so I know what I'm on about. If it's not on the list, I've most likely played it too death e.g. MGS2 & 3, Soul Caliber 1, 2, 3, 4, Tekken 4 - 6, FF6 - 12 (excluding 11, including 10-2), Double Dash, Naruto (Japanese import), Ghost Recon 1, GR:AW, Gears of War 1 & 2 and so on.

Mazty said:
vaio said:
Mazty said:

MW2 5 times finished,   Played, completed on 2nd hardest difficulty, done spec ops and level 60 something on multiplayer

MW 1 4 times on hd and another 3 on wii  Multiplatform

Battlefield bad company 2 finished 3 times didnt like the first one. Multiplatform

Bioshock 1 finishe 3 times loved this game one of my favorites this gen Multiplatform

Bioshock 2 finished it 3 days ago once Multiplatform

Metro 2033 playing it at the moment Multiplatform/majorly toned down for 360 and I doubt you have a 5800+ card for it on PC

Just dance awesome game   In your world perhaps - casual game at any rate

Mario kart Finished it at least 3 times and played 100´s of hours online Worst. Racing. Game. Ever. Blue shell anyone? Played it and completed it X amount of times in local multiplayer. Nice to see all the hundreds of new maps. Oh wait...

Red steal 1 finished it 5 times Does nothing new for FPS'

Red steal 2 finished it today Does nothing new for FPS'

Yoga also every morning

Wii sport Awful - really shows how the wii doesn't track real space posistion.

Wii sport  See above

New supermario bros wii Does nothing new for the genre at all

RE 5 finishe 7 times and done all the extras both single and multiplayer Multiplatform

Big brain academy once every 2 days Proven waste of time

de blob finished it once

Dead space hd version finshed it twice  Multiplatform

kittke kings story

NFS under cover

NMH 1 finished it twice

Super monkey ball

Zack 6 wiki

Tenchu

Fifa xbox version

GTA 4 finished it once

Someone's got too much spare time, plus that list is thoroughly unimpressive as most the games are multiplatform, not to mention you've played no PS3 exclusives.

I couldn't be arsed going through your entire list, but if there is an exclusive on the 360 or PS3 I've most likely played it, and likely to have completed it as well and given multiplayer and long spin. As for the Wii I've played Wii party, Sport, Fit, SSBBWii, NSMB, Mario Kart, Speed Racer, Big Brain Academy, House of the Dead, Super Mario Galaxy, F1 something and so on.

Guess what - none of the wii games you've mentioned are genre benchmarks so WHY woudl a hardcore gamer own a wii? Certainly not for the hardcore games, that's for sure.

Ps check ouy my collection - all done and dusted, and most are reguarded as benchmark games, so I know what I'm on about.

I hve played a few of them but since i dont own one i dont get much playtime with it. It´s not worth the money it costs I am only interested in the gaming maching part as the rest ps3 offers if of no value so when it cost 199 with move controllers I wont be buying one.

So sad for you not wanting or event trying to expand your gaming experiences.

Wii sports was never meant to be a perfect execution of their sports and it does what it was meant to do perfecly just as just dance does, the day you can appriciate games that doesnt appeal to you the most and games without the best graphics you will never be a real gamer and a hardcore gamer.

A hardcore gamer plays any game that is remotly good and doesnt limit himself to hardware or graphics, the sort of plyer you are is a hardcore graphics whore player (the same I used to be) and you are in such minoroty and your gaming world will keep gettting smaller.

I never said any of those should have been it was a list to show how versatile my gaming experience is versus yours pathetic little world of gaming.

You know shit as you prove all the time, to know about gaming you have to open your doors for all games even the ones you dont like then you have a valid opinion, untill then you have a very narrow and limited opinion.

Get back to me when you have become a real gamer and a hardcore one, you know one that doesnt limit himself in any way and plays most if not everything out there.

Have fun in your narrow world.

vaio said:
Mazty said:

Ps check ouy my collection - all done and dusted, and most are reguarded as benchmark games, so I know what I'm on about.

I hve played a few of them but since i dont own one i dont get much playtime with it. It´s not worth the money it costs I am only interested in the gaming maching part as the rest ps3 offers if of no value so when it cost 199 with move controllers I wont be buying one.

So sad for you not wanting or event trying to expand your gaming experiences.

Wii sports was never meant to be a perfect execution of their sports and it does what it was meant to do perfecly just as just dance does, the day you can appriciate games that doesnt appeal to you the most and games without the best graphics you will never be a real gamer and a hardcore gamer.

A hardcore gamer plays any game that is remotly good and doesnt limit himself to hardware or graphics, the sort of plyer you are is a hardcore graphics whore player (the same I used to be) and you are in such minoroty and your gaming world will keep gettting smaller.

I never said any of those should have been it was a list to show how versatile my gaming experience is versus yours pathetic little world of gaming.

You know shit as you prove all the time, to know about gaming you have to open your doors for all games even the ones you dont like then you have a valid opinion, untill then you have a very narrow and limited opinion.

Get back to me when you have become a real gamer and a hardcore one, you know one that doesnt limit himself in any way and plays most if not everything out there.

Have fun in your narrow world.

1)What the hell...? English please

2)Erm how did you come to that idea? I've played almost all the major games on all the platforms since last gen - how is that me not trying to expand my gaming experiences?

3)So if wii sports is not trying to be an accurate representation of sportm what does it offer over something like Virtua Tennis? It's not about it not appealing to me - I'm asking you why should I play wii tennis over virtua tennis?

4)No a hardcore gamer is one who demands the utter best from the game he is playing in comparison to all the other games on the market. I never said the hardcore gamer limits what he plays, but he does take into account the graphics etc as this is part of the game.How am I a graphics whore? If I play something like Forza, or Tiger Woods, something that's trying to be realistic, how is it then unreasonable to ask for realisitic graphics (in terms of gaming, not industry CGI) for immersion? Plus if I'm a minority, then how come over 70 million HD consoles have been sold?

5)Nice BS of last three paragraphs. So without futher a-do, why would a hardcore gamer choose a wii over the HD consoles or even a PC? The wii isn't for the hardcore, even Nintendo have admitted this so I have no idea why you are being so arrogant over it.