By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo launch in 2011-12 starting the next gen with monster power?

Should Nintendo launch in 2011-12 starting the next gen with monster power?

Launch in 2011- early 12 ... 115 63.89%

Launch in 2011, just larg... 42 23.33%

Re-release current Wii in 2011, just with HD 23 12.78%

Total:180

HHAHA lol this guy will not give up why not just ignore him...

don't teach somebody that does not want to learn i always say :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Mazty said:
vaio said:
Mazty said:

What links??

What goalposts? You are just saying this allowing you to avoid your point.

Fact is you have yet to show why a hardcore gamer would have a wii on the basis of it's games, which is my whole point of my point that a simple hardware improvement would not help nintendo. I have shown you but you just ignore I hve proven everything you say false, irrelevant or blatant lies.

Show me something that supports your claim that a hardcore gamer doesnt, I am proof that what you claim is false and if that is not enough there are plenty of gamers and hardcore gamers here at this site that have a wii.

So unless you can support your claim there is no reason to discuss it, not discussing claims pulled out of your ass

in case you forgot:

dont avoid proving your claims and show us some links to support them.

Show proof of 180ms lag. Allready failed at this and only proving that you talk out of your ass.

Show me proof that hardcore gamers are not buying the wii, there are lots of proof otherwise just on this site and users here and by me posting.

Show proof that most wii´s are collecting dust

You are not getting of that easy we have provided you with answers and examples and just because you dont agree doesnt mean that they are not valid.

So show some proof instead of whinning like a butthurt little kid.

When you have done this we can continue the discussion.

Are you for real?

All you have shown is that the wii remote can be used as a steering wheel or lightgun which have been around since the PS1.
Your claims that HD consoles have done nothing for game genres is a lie, ignoring games such as Heavy Rain, Gears of War, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and so on.

Something to show that hardcore gamers are not interested in the wii is that it would seem to have not a single, or maybe one or two (?) benchmark games for any game genre. Why would a hardcore gamer buy a console which offers games of a lower quality than other gaming platforms?

You are not a hardcore gamer - you clearly haven't touched the likes of Gears of War, Killzone 2, Uncharted etc. You simply enjoy casual games, something the wii excels at, but casual games are not for the hardcore by definition.

The fact you ignore many of the features of modern games to aid your claim the wii is for the hardcore shows how hollow your argument is.

By the way, you have yet to provide any evidence for the wii latency, so it's a completely stupid point to bring up - let it go.
Why do I need evidence wii's are collecting dust? That's digressing from my point the wii is for casual gamers (ergo people not interested in a  wii 2 due to a lack of interest in hardware), something which is backed up by the fact the wii has no benchmark or revolutionary games, which cannot be said for the PS3, PC or 360.

So going to tell me what games make the wii revolutionary or just pretending you've already answered it, which you haven't, unless you can tell me how a light gun and a steering wheel are revolutionary considering the length of time they've been around.

ask and answered

where are links to prove your stand? I wont discuss your imaginary claims.

The only games  I haven´t played are the ones on ps3 the rest are not only played but finnished more then once and you would know this if you spent more time here besides trolling the wii.

So its safe to say you have no more arguments as you go in circles and refuse to provide links to your claims?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Mazty said:
Cheebee said:
Mazty said:
Cheebee said:
Guys, give it a rest already, everyone on this forum knows mazty is incredibly anti-Wii. Stop trying to convince him, no matter what you say, he will not see things he doesn't want to see.

Saying the wii isn't for hardcore gamers isn't anti-wii -.-

Oh please, as if I'm referring to anything like that. Everyone here knows you are, and it's blatantly obvious from your post history too. No sense in even trying to deny it.

The wii is great for parties and casual gamers, but I would say that it has no benchmark games for any genre, meaning it's game offerings are of a lower quality than the other consoles, and it's hardware also limits game quality. That doesn't mean it's a bad console, but people like to argue it's the bezt gamez c0nsol3 evar and then argue this point relentlessly with idiotic statements such as the HD consoles offer no revolutionary games.

So you mean the best quality games on PS2 are all of a sudden bad now because better hardware has been made?

Roma said:
HHAHA lol this guy will not give up why not just ignore him...

don't teach somebody that does not want to learn i always say :P

I know but its fun and it boosts my postcount, besides we are a few friends here laughing our ass of while drinking and reading his posts. :p

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Roma said:
Mazty said:
Cheebee said:
Mazty said:
Cheebee said:
Guys, give it a rest already, everyone on this forum knows mazty is incredibly anti-Wii. Stop trying to convince him, no matter what you say, he will not see things he doesn't want to see.

Saying the wii isn't for hardcore gamers isn't anti-wii -.-

Oh please, as if I'm referring to anything like that. Everyone here knows you are, and it's blatantly obvious from your post history too. No sense in even trying to deny it.

The wii is great for parties and casual gamers, but I would say that it has no benchmark games for any genre, meaning it's game offerings are of a lower quality than the other consoles, and it's hardware also limits game quality. That doesn't mean it's a bad console, but people like to argue it's the bezt gamez c0nsol3 evar and then argue this point relentlessly with idiotic statements such as the HD consoles offer no revolutionary games.

So you mean the best quality games on PS2 are all of a sudden bad now because better hardware has been made?

Level of expectation from games has increased since last generation unless you think brain dead AI etc is acceptable nowadays.

Around the Network
vaio said:

ask and answered

The only games  I haven´t played are the ones on ps3 the rest are not only played but finnished more then once and you would know this if you spent more time here besides trolling the wii.

So its safe to say you have no more arguments as you go in circles and refuse to provide links to your claims?

No you simply lied by saying that Killzone 2, Gears of War, Heavy Rain, Resistance 2, MGS4 etc have done nothing new for gaming. That's not telling me what games on the wii are benchmark games for a specific genre is it?

Oh you haven't played Resistance 2 etc, yet you claim that they've been done before. Congratualtions for being knowingly ignorant.

What claims? The wii has no hardcore games? Well I said & say it doesn't because it's hardware does not provide the capacity for hardcore games. You claim the wii does have hardcore and have yet to back this up.

So PLEASE back up your claim that the wii is for the hardcore by showing me how the wii offers genre defining games, or just accept it's a console for the casual and so next gen Nintendo will have to approach a new console from a different angle than the usual "let's just make the hardware better".

Mazty said:
vaio said:

ask and answered

No you simply lied by saying that Killzone 2, Gears of War, Heavy Rain, Resistance 2, MGS4 etc have done nothing new for gaming. That's not telling me what games on the wii are benchmark games for a specific genre is it?

Oh you haven't played Resistance 2 etc, yet you claim that they've been done before. Congratualtions for being knowingly ignorant.

What claims? The wii has no hardcore games? Well I said & say it doesn't because it's hardware does not provide the capacity for hardcore games. You claim the wii does have hardcore and have yet to back this up.

So PLEASE back up your claim that the wii is for the hardcore by showing me how the wii offers genre defining games, or just accept it's a console for the casual and so next gen Nintendo will have to approach a new console from a different angle than the usual "let's just make the hardware better".

i am notr backin anything more up then I allready have untill you start backing up atleast 1 of your claims, you have been going on for several pages asking people to back things up yet you havrn´t backed up a thing, so its logical that it is your turn to back up your claims or there is only one conclusion you make things up to suit your agenda and your ass is a numbers and bullsit creator rhat shits out claims tgat are bollocks.

So show us you are a serious gamer and debater and show some supporting evidence for all your bold claims.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, toooooo long quotes !

Can you start over again ?

Or at least there should be a way to un-suscribe to this threat, tired of watching it with orange letters in the left of my screen X_X

vaio said:

i am notr backin anything more up then I allready have untill you start backing up atleast 1 of your claims, you have been going on for several pages asking people to back things up yet you havrn´t backed up a thing, so its logical that it is your turn to back up your claims or there is only one conclusion you make things up to suit your agenda and your ass is a numbers and bullsit creator rhat shits out claims tgat are bollocks.

So show us you are a serious gamer and debater and show some supporting evidence for all your bold claims.

Okay, let's get down what we are claiming and what we know:

I am saying the next wii will have to be more than just an improved wii as it is not for hardcore gamers, so taking a hardcore gamer approach to a new console (just improve the hardware) makes no sense.
I say it is not for the hardcore because the wii offers no genre defying games (other than wii fit really), whereas other gaming platforms offer genre defying and revolutionary games, ergo hardcore gamers will go where the best games are, not where the casual games are.

You claim the wii is for the hardcore because the pad can be used as a lightgun and a steering wheel, two accessories which have been around since the PS1. You have yet to say how the wii is revolutionary, and clearly have no idea about what is revoltionary nowadays mainly due to the fact you haven't played the games considered to be genre benchmarks.

There we are. So are you going to show how the wii is for the hardcore, something Nintendo even said it's not particuarly good at, or just going to trash talk PS3, PC and 360 games?

Mazty said:
vaio said:

ask and answered

Seriously? What? You still say that a machine can be limited to no be able to produce hardcore games? What do you base “hardcore” on? On the graphics? Well I assume you do as the Wii is less capable than the other. well by your logic the PS2 was less capable than the GC so I can say it only had casual games or do you disagree? Of course you disagree as it does not work in you favor :P

You seriously think Monster hunter is casual? Super Mario Galaxy? No More heroes 1 and 2? The Conduit?  Metroid Prime 3?

All the games above plus more prove that you really don’t know what you are talking about!

I don’t get Sony fanboys. First they say Nintendo is kiddy and when little big planet comes they love it. They talked shit about the Wii mote and when Sony copies it they go crazy about it. They just say what their company says as Sony always clamed Nintendo being kiddy and said a lot of crap about the Wii mote.

Lol I just said to other to ignore you but it is hard when your so ignorant and I agree with Vaio it is kind of fun :P