By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo launch in 2011-12 starting the next gen with monster power?

Should Nintendo launch in 2011-12 starting the next gen with monster power?

Launch in 2011- early 12 ... 115 63.89%

Launch in 2011, just larg... 42 23.33%

Re-release current Wii in 2011, just with HD 23 12.78%

Total:180

Guys, give it a rest already, everyone on this forum knows mazty is incredibly anti-Wii. Stop trying to convince him, no matter what you say, he will not see things he doesn't want to see.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
vaio said:
Mazty said:

And guess what none of you guys did? Answer my question, that's what.
So without digressing please name me a game on the wii which is seen as the benchmark for that genre across all platforms.

PS. Morrowinds draw distance on PC was still awful, Zelda is an RPG as you are role playing as another character, plus does Oblivion not have action, adventure/battle gameplay, and exploration as well as dungeons etc? It's like saying you can't compare Killzone and Halo as one has aliens and vehicles, the other does not, which of course is a damn stupid point. And to claim the HD consoles have done nothing that hasn't been done on PC is rubbish as Resistance 2 had a new weapon selection system, roamin way points, new co-op play etcDont know about the weapon system but the rest have been done on pc, Killzone 2 introduced changing game types mid-battle, class selection with primary and secondary perks that could be mixed etc they improved on something that existed in some form or other on pc before. Gears of War made the cover-system shooter work, They improved the cover system did not bring or invent it Uncharted is the most film-like games can get for now film like games have been done for a long time on pc, Heavy Rain is great and immersive storytelling unlike any game before it and so on. Plus both consoles, but more the PS3, introduced media hubs to lounges, with easy PC streaming pc media hubs existed before hdconsoles, not to mention BLURAY with the PS3. bluray is just more storage nothing else that can be used in games Saying the consoles did nothing shows how little you know of what you talk about.This is the last time i will respond to any pc argument you have as I am not interested in pc and we were talking about consoles untill you tried to divert with pc when your arguments fail

Saying all those things except bluray has not been done on pc shows how little of a gamer you are and that you are no serious one either except when it comes to better graphics.

Why are you avoiding to prove your claims?

We have given you links and eamples to all your questions you had before this one now its your turn to provide us with links to all your claims.

in case you forgot:

dont avoid proving your claims and show us some links to support them.

Show proof of 180ms lag. Allready failed at this and only proving that you talk out of your ass.

Show me proof that hardcore gamers are not buying the wii, there are lots of proof otherwise just on this site and users here and by me posting.

Show proof that most wii´s are collecting dust

You are not getting of that easy we have provided you with answers and examples and just because you dont agree doesnt mean that they are not valid.

So show some proof instead of whinning like a butthurt little kid.

When you have done this we can continue the discussion.

Wow you clearly have never played Resistance 2, Killzone 2 or many PC FPS if you think it has been done all before. Thanks for helping to back my claim that many wii owners are not real gamers.

I said "Gears of War made the cover-system shooter work", not that it invented it, so why did you say that?

No, film-like games have not been done on PC in the way Uncharted was done. Stop talking about games you have clearly never played.
PC media hubs did exist before console hubs BUT they were massive/needed a PC hooked to the TV which is far more awkward than using a console which both have wireless pads.

Bluray allows larger games and HD films, so yeah, that's doing something for entertainment and helping to progress gaming as multiple DVD's is not beneficial for devs and has already limited games (e.g. Rage).

Why seperate consoles and PC? Both play games and both have genres which are across all platforms. For what arbitrary reason are you seperating PCs from consoles?

You clearly have **** all idea about gaming as you claim all the games out on the 360 and PS3 have been done before which is blatant trash talk. It's clear you have very little knowledge of what the consoles offer and what games specifically offer in comparison to other games.

Why do I need to show you evidence about wii's collecting dust? My point was that if Nintendo made a new console which was simply a wii with better hardware it would not sell as no serious gamer would play on a wii, as it offers no benchmark games. It's like showing you a photo of the blue sky then you asking for proof.

You claim that wii games are intuitive, and therefore for hardcore gamers so please, which games are so intuative they are seen as benchmarks for their genre?

PS. It's nothing shy of hilarious I've been asking the same question for many pages and you've yet to actually give a straight reply.

Cheebee said:
Guys, give it a rest already, everyone on this forum knows mazty is incredibly anti-Wii. Stop trying to convince him, no matter what you say, he will not see things he doesn't want to see.

Saying the wii isn't for hardcore gamers isn't anti-wii -.-

Mazty said:
Cheebee said:

Oh please, as if I'm referring to anything like that. Everyone here knows you are, and it's blatantly obvious from your post history too. No sense in even trying to deny it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Mazty said:
vaio said:
Mazty said:

So without digressing please name me a game on the wii which is seen as the benchmark for that genre across all platforms.

PS. Morrowinds draw distance on PC was still awful, Zelda is an RPG as you are role playing as another character, plus does Oblivion not have action, adventure/battle gameplay, and exploration as well as dungeons etc? It's like saying you can't compare Killzone and Halo as one has aliens and vehicles, the other does not, which of course is a damn stupid point. And to claim the HD consoles have done nothing that hasn't been done on PC is rubbish as Resistance 2 had a new weapon selection system, roamin way points, new co-op play etcDont know about the weapon system but the rest have been done on pc, Killzone 2 introduced changing game types mid-battle, class selection with primary and secondary perks that could be mixed etc they improved on something that existed in some form or other on pc before. Gears of War made the cover-system shooter work, They improved the cover system did not bring or invent it Uncharted is the most film-like games can get for now film like games have been done for a long time on pc, Heavy Rain is great and immersive storytelling unlike any game before it and so on. Plus both consoles, but more the PS3, introduced media hubs to lounges, with easy PC streaming pc media hubs existed before hdconsoles, not to mention BLURAY with the PS3. bluray is just more storage nothing else that can be used in games Saying the consoles did nothing shows how little you know of what you talk about.This is the last time i will respond to any pc argument you have as I am not interested in pc and we were talking about consoles untill you tried to divert with pc when your arguments fail

Saying all those things except bluray has not been done on pc shows how little of a gamer you are and that you are no serious one either except when it comes to better graphics.

We have given you links and eamples to all your questions you had before this one now its your turn to provide us with links to all your claims.

in case you forgot:

Show proof of 180ms lag. Allready failed at this and only proving that you talk out of your ass.

Show me proof that hardcore gamers are not buying the wii, there are lots of proof otherwise just on this site and users here and by me posting.

You are not getting of that easy we have provided you with answers and examples and just because you dont agree doesnt mean that they are not valid.

Wow you clearly have never played Resistance 2, Killzone 2 or many PC FPS if you think it has been done all before. Thanks for helping to back my claim that many wii owners are not real gamers.

I said "Gears of War made the cover-system shooter work", not that it invented it, so why did you say that?

No, film-like games have not been done on PC in the way Uncharted was done. Stop talking about games you have clearly never played.
PC media hubs did exist before console hubs BUT they were massive/needed a PC hooked to the TV which is far more awkward than using a console which both have wireless pads.

Bluray allows larger games and HD films, so yeah, that's doing something for entertainment and helping to progress gaming as multiple DVD's is not beneficial for devs and has already limited games (e.g. Rage).

Why seperate consoles and PC? Both play games and both have genres which are across all platforms. For what arbitrary reason are you seperating PCs from consoles?

You clearly have **** all idea about gaming as you claim all the games out on the 360 and PS3 have been done before which is blatant trash talk. It's clear you have very little knowledge of what the consoles offer and what games specifically offer in comparison to other games.

Why do I need to show you evidence about wii's collecting dust? My point was that if Nintendo made a new console which was simply a wii with better hardware it would not sell as no serious gamer would play on a wii, as it offers no benchmark games. It's like showing you a photo of the blue sky then you asking for proof.

You claim that wii games are intuitive, and therefore for hardcore gamers so please, which games are so intuative they are seen as benchmarks for their genre?

PS. It's nothing shy of hilarious I've been asking the same question for many pages and you've yet to actually give a straight reply.

Still avoiding those liks are we? Your goalpost moving is hilarious please continue makes good weekend humor.

So where are the links or are we going to pull more numbers out of your gamer wannabe ass?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Exactly what does going down the rabbit hole of improving graphics gain you in the marketplace? Nintendo showed NOT pursuing this path has been beneficial for them. So, one has to ask what do they gain by doing this. And DON'T think as a videogame fanboy either when trying to answer this.

vaio said:
Mazty said:
vaio said:
Mazty said:

in case you forgot:

Still avoiding those liks are we? Your goalpost moving is hilarious please continue makes good weekend humor.

So where are the links or are we going to pull more numbers out of your gamer wannabe ass?

What links??

What goalposts? You are just saying this allowing you to avoid your point.

Fact is you have yet to show why a hardcore gamer would have a wii on the basis of it's games, which is my whole point of my point that a simple hardware improvement would not help nintendo.

Mazty said:
vaio said:
Mazty said:
vaio said:
Mazty said:

in case you forgot:

What links??

Fact is you have yet to show why a hardcore gamer would have a wii on the basis of it's games, which is my whole point of my point that a simple hardware improvement would not help nintendo. I have shown you but you just ignore I hve proven everything you say false, irrelevant or blatant lies.

Show me something that supports your claim that a hardcore gamer doesnt, I am proof that what you claim is false and if that is not enough there are plenty of gamers and hardcore gamers here at this site that have a wii.

So unless you can support your claim there is no reason to discuss it, not discussing claims pulled out of your ass

in case you forgot:

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
Mazty said:

What links??

Fact is you have yet to show why a hardcore gamer would have a wii on the basis of it's games, which is my whole point of my point that a simple hardware improvement would not help nintendo. I have shown you but you just ignore I hve proven everything you say false, irrelevant or blatant lies.

Show me something that supports your claim that a hardcore gamer doesnt, I am proof that what you claim is false and if that is not enough there are plenty of gamers and hardcore gamers here at this site that have a wii.

So unless you can support your claim there is no reason to discuss it, not discussing claims pulled out of your ass

in case you forgot:

Are you for real?

All you have shown is that the wii remote can be used as a steering wheel or lightgun which have been around since the PS1.
Your claims that HD consoles have done nothing for game genres is a lie, ignoring games such as Heavy Rain, Gears of War, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and so on.

Something to show that hardcore gamers are not interested in the wii is that it would seem to have not a single, or maybe one or two (?) benchmark games for any game genre. Why would a hardcore gamer buy a console which offers games of a lower quality than other gaming platforms?

You are not a hardcore gamer - you clearly haven't touched the likes of Gears of War, Killzone 2, Uncharted etc. You simply enjoy casual games, something the wii excels at, but casual games are not for the hardcore by definition.

The fact you ignore many of the features of modern games to aid your claim the wii is for the hardcore shows how hollow your argument is.

By the way, you have yet to provide any evidence for the wii latency, so it's a completely stupid point to bring up - let it go.
Why do I need evidence wii's are collecting dust? That's digressing from my point the wii is for casual gamers (ergo people not interested in a  wii 2 due to a lack of interest in hardware), something which is backed up by the fact the wii has no benchmark or revolutionary games, which cannot be said for the PS3, PC or 360.

So going to tell me what games make the wii revolutionary or just pretending you've already answered it, which you haven't, unless you can tell me how a light gun and a steering wheel are revolutionary considering the length of time they've been around.

Cheebee said:
Mazty said:
Cheebee said:

Oh please, as if I'm referring to anything like that. Everyone here knows you are, and it's blatantly obvious from your post history too. No sense in even trying to deny it.

The wii is great for parties and casual gamers, but I would say that it has no benchmark games for any genre, meaning it's game offerings are of a lower quality than the other consoles, and it's hardware also limits game quality. That doesn't mean it's a bad console, but people like to argue it's the bezt gamez c0nsol3 evar and then argue this point relentlessly with idiotic statements such as the HD consoles offer no revolutionary games.