By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Race is on - 360 vrs PS3 (holiday '07)

no what I call a semi winner is a console that gets 39% of the market against 19%...

your number 2 just prove one thing it's, that a shitty console beats a PS3.... *looks at the list of game sited, now looks at the 28 million sellers on XB360* wonder what people are thinking.... your games might not be jokes even if I already argued those points.... none of them have more appeal to me than any big games already out.... and with the install base they won't do better than some of the 360 games you can call me for that too... without saying that 5 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA games is not enough AT ALL.............

your call in 2008 go for it..... hell I might even pay you a beer if you want lol....

P.S.: about my grammar, first I typed that in 2 minutes, 2nd didn't proof it, 3rd english is not my language, and 4th I'm sorry but I don't really care about my spelling and/or grammar on that kind of thread... I'm not applying for a job here or looking for acceptance respect or recognition from anyone...

P.S.2: you won't call me in 2008

Around the Network

and since when you have 2 strong market ???? EU is still in the hands of 360 over WII come on.... how the hell can you say you control that market

@endi

Dude can you stop trolling?

mM

and with my BLABLA.... comment I wasn't arguing the fact they are good or not... I was just saying even if they are for now it didn't change anything to the sales... the quality of the console, of blu ray less failure, the best games ever to come didn't change shit to the market the gap is still growing... and won't close in 2008 and probably not in 2009 not that you won't close it a little... but it'll be just too late by then and the curve will flatten like the first XB.... and if it does by the mean of god goes over 360, it'll still be too late because with their 10 years plan they won't have new hardware when WII and MS will.... PS3 is doomed like every console in that situation was before.... why people deny it... I didn't denied it when DC went down the drain and god I was pissed.... and everybody knows DC had way more AAA games than PS3 by the end of the 2nd year...

leo-j I'm not the one trolling you are kid, I'm giving valid argument when the only thing you can give me... is wait until those 3 games come out... or wait until we control EU.... or wait until we have dev using the power of the console.... so basically you have nothing beside a powerful BR player at 400 bucks.... way to go... and I'm the one trolling...

and all my post talk about VG or console not commenting on the number of post other have or making useless jokes to avoid reality and facts...

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
What interesting with regard to that latest survey is that the Nintnedo Wii scored 10.8 percent, 2.9 % lower than the PS3. Better for the PS3 than I would have expected for this period of time.

Shouldn't that be enough to convince you that those surveys are useless?

IMO surveys are very valuable when done right, even Media Create and NPD's figures are all just estimates. IMO if I would view well executed survey as being useless I should consider VGChartz to be just as useless as well, but that's not the case.

The more independent surveys indicate that the PS3 is going to outsell the XBox 360 this christmas the more solid this projection becomes. It's at least far more valuable than personal "I think this and that" comments as the data is based on thousands of randomly selected people.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I agree with mike, but the problem with that is it's taken out of the context probably, survey are accurate and efficient, but you need to have the data in hands to judge what they say.... numbers like that are meaning less you need to have the survey questions and all the charts, the different correlations etc.... then you can pull information you know are accurate... a statement like that in an article can be totally wrong the number being accurate but not in context....

MikeB said:
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
What interesting with regard to that latest survey is that the Nintnedo Wii scored 10.8 percent, 2.9 % lower than the PS3. Better for the PS3 than I would have expected for this period of time.

IMO surveys are very valuable when done right, even Media Create and NPD's figures are all just estimates. IMO if I would view well executed survey as being useless I should consider VGChartz to be just as useless as well, but that's not the case.

The more independent surveys indicate that the PS3 is going to outsell the XBox 360 this christmas the more solid this projection becomes. It's at least far more valuable than personal "I think this and that" comments as the data is based on thousands of randomly selected people.

That doesn't exactly reply to what I asked... If I gave you a survey saying that Lair scored higher than Ratchet & Clank wouldn't you doubt its relevance as an indicator of sales and customer demand, especially given that previous sales and demand trends for those items are already known?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

omgwtfbbq said:
considering the numbers are about equal now, and USA generally sees the largest boost from the holidays, I predict Xbox360 to take the worldwide holiday crown. barely.

Maybe USA has the largest boost of the three major market but Others+Japan together will see bigger boost than USA alone so i predict that PS3 take the worldwide holiday crown.

NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:

That doesn't exactly reply to what I asked... If I gave you a survey saying that Lair scored higher than Ratchet & Clank wouldn't you doubt its relevance as an indicator of sales and customer demand, especially given that previous sales and demand trends for those items are already known?

No for instance a FPS can be really good, but still not perform well in Japan, similar you may make the best platformer most people may actually prefer a racing game on a particular platform or in a particular country.

These christmas wishlists or data regarding what people are shopping for are far more relevant, reviews are subjective to begin with. For example IMO Lair is a much better game than the average review score would indicate and there's a great difference in score range with regard to that title. I know people like to drag Lair into examples as being a horrible game, but have you actually played it?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales