By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Race is on - 360 vrs PS3 (holiday '07)

Omac said:
MikeB said:
What interesting with regard to that latest survey is that the Nintnedo Wii scored 10.8 percent, 2.9 % lower than the PS3. Better for the PS3 than I would have expected for this period of time.

In any case taking into account all those surveys from so many different sources the PS3 should do very well this christmas period. I think the release of UT3 will also have a significant effect on the US console market and probably Gran Turismo 5 prologue will have some positive effect on Japan as well.

Then they will compare UT3 for 360 and PS3 and find that 360 has better textures, while the PS3 has it's gamma turned up and is blurry.

Its likely that the ps3 version will look better since its not a 360 port.

mM
Around the Network

I bet that the PS3 will shock every one and beat out the 360 this christmas reason being that the PS3 has more stable markets. For example the Xbox 360 does well in America and..................... that's it.

The PS3 does well in all 3 major markets and is currently beating it in 2 of the 3 which gives me reason to belive that the PS3 will beat the Xbox 360.

Japan is SONY'S turf and the 360 is literally dead over there so it has no chance.

Europe is the world's richest contient and has a bigger population than NA and SONY is beating the 360 over there so it has very little chance over there.

North America is Microsoft land and 360 is winning over there, but hang on. The PS3 could pull an amazing come back just like the N64 and PS1 battle in America.

ANYWAY PS3 RULES!!!!!

Ps3 losses to 360 this week by 10k, japan sales dropped to hard. But on the bright side GT5 is going to boost sales.

mM

Kinda hope PS3 UT3 does beat out the 360 in terms of graphics, because so far I haven't seen a single game look better than what the 360 is pushing.

*cough Uncharted:drakes fortune cough*

mM
Around the Network

And next week has the release of some relevant 360 titles in japan, I imagine the ps3 will once again lose :)

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

MikeB said:
What interesting with regard to that latest survey is that the Nintnedo Wii scored 10.8 percent, 2.9 % lower than the PS3. Better for the PS3 than I would have expected for this period of time.

Shouldn't that be enough to convince you that those surveys are useless?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@goldenpp7

the ps3 never won, the numbers were adjusted. X360 has been outselling it for pretty much the whole year.

mM
WESTCOAST GANGSTER said:
I bet that the PS3 will shock every one and beat out the 360 this christmas reason being that the PS3 has more stable markets. For example the Xbox 360 does well in America and..................... that's it.

The PS3 does well in all 3 major markets and is currently beating it in 2 of the 3 which gives me reason to belive that the PS3 will beat the Xbox 360.

Japan is SONY'S turf and the 360 is literally dead over there so it has no chance.

Europe is the world's richest contient and has a bigger population than NA and SONY is beating the 360 over there so it has very little chance over there.

North America is Microsoft land and 360 is winning over there, but hang on. The PS3 could pull an amazing come back just like the N64 and PS1 battle in America.

ANYWAY PS3 RULES!!!!!
I don't know. I agree with the Japan part, but in Europe the 360's not quite that far behind. I think people might be jumping the gun just a little. Plus even though the US dollar might not be stackin up at the moment, people in the United States just buy more videogames. In addition Microsoft may very well drop the bomb to that $200 range, and you know what that'll do.

I know this leo, I meant it will continue to lose, aka once again, not the 360 retaking its glory.

Like I said before, if ps3 can't beat 360 now, how is it supposed to when microsoft actually drops the prices?

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.