By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Race is on - 360 vrs PS3 (holiday '07)

@golden

They cant keep up with the U.S that is the only problem for sony. Everywhere else they have microsoft cornered. Bu tthe U.S is just to big of a market.

mM
Around the Network

Well people who were "excpecting" PS3 to OUTSELL 360 this holiday were delusional SONY fanboys..I mean hardcore fanboys

For me the ps3 being this close to 360 is a big achievement for it this year...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

@darth

it will outsell the X360, ps3 has 2 regions X360 has 1, but only slightly.

mM
leo-j said:
@darth

it will outsell the X360, ps3 has 2 regions X360 has 1, but only slightly.

However, the 360 seems to have the biggest region in terms of current-gen console sales.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

lol, America is the MOST IMPORTANT MARKET by far and the 360 is still dominating even with Sony having somewhat of a pricing edge.

PS3 is selling as good as it ever will right now at around 150K/Week in North America.

When the 360 hits the $199 sweet spot sales should explode and it'll be another year at least before Sony even gets close to that.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Around the Network

360 cornered in europe ???? *look at the total sale* ok even WII that is selling like crazy didn't catch up yet.... UK is still largely loving 360... I don't see how on a almost equal year plus fianally a jump during holiday season someone can say PS3 cornered 360

but anyway.... you call me when PS3 beats 360 ww on a regular basis... until then it's useless to debate PS3 is beat and it's a fact.... "FULL STOP".... the power of PS3 balblab the next year AAAAAAAAAAAAAA game blabla..... the 10 year plan blabla...... the DVD too small compare to blue ray blabla...... all that until now is BS..... until PS3 is consistently beating 360 ww by 2 for 1 on a daily basis they can forget about winning that gen.... and of course we are not even talking about WII that is simply untouchable for PS3 and probably for 360....

I think i'll stop commenting on those kind of post (or a least slow down) and say that instead

WII: Big winner
360: semi winner
PS3: big looser

and trust me that comment as at least an 18 month life expectancy..... on that see you....

PS: my number is 803 417 5203 call me when XB is behind PS3 worldwide more than 5 weeks in a raw....

@edimion

1. your grammar is DISGRACEFUL!

2. A console with a failure rate of 33%, disc scratching issues, power in one region = a semi winner then a console with less than 0.1% failure rates & 2 strong markets + huge AAA (not blablabla..FF, MGS, GT aren't jokes, they are HUGE games like it or not) is a big looser

3. I hope point 2. proves your statement very wrong

4. Excpect my call sometime in 08

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

666...scary..

mM

@leo-j

they say the NUMBER 666 is an abomination...what a coincidence his post was as well..

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

considering the numbers are about equal now, and USA generally sees the largest boost from the holidays, I predict Xbox360 to take the worldwide holiday crown. barely.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!